News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

[Huge Multicross] Undocumented Features

Started by Yuthirin, October 18, 2005, 07:22:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

More controversy? How will you all be able to stand this?

Undocumented Features is written by Benjamin Hutchins, aka Gryphon, and Company. It starts out with Hutchins' cadre of wacky college kids discovering a way to make fictional characters become real, breathing human beings.

So they give the Dirty Pair life.

Not exactly the best choice of things to do, but there you have it. They proceed to detonate their campus and rocket a portion of it into space and across the galaxy, where their destinies are explained cryptically by a mysterious Lord Farfergnugen.

The writing style and grammar are excellent, and improve as the story continues. the content improves as well, even going so far as that the SI of Hutchins does not get every girl he wants. Just most of them.

If you like Self Inserts, huge fanfics, and wild crossovers, you'll enjoy this fic. If not, well...don't waste the considerable time it takes to read this.

It's huge folks.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

thepanda

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

thepanda

Yuthirin

Let me put it this way: The original four chapters of the story, known as "The Core," are a little more than a megabyte large, combined.

That's a MEGABYTE of text.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

SabreMau

So far, I've only read the first two parts of the core, MSTed. Thought it sufficiently entertaining so far, but the size is a bit daunting to continue without comfortably random pro wrestling references...perhaps later.

Yuthirin

Just a heads up, because I like it and annoying people by raising threads from the dead amuses me, this is still updating.

SabreMau

It's been going continuously for 22 years?

Huh. Neat.

Yuthirin

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

alethiophile

I've tried to read this five or six times by now, and never made it through Core. Which is a pity, because I've heard some of the fan-out material is really really good. Maybe I'll convert it and stick it on my Kindle; that's usually a good way to increase the probability I'll read something.

Yuthirin

The Core is the roughest part. The writing progresses pretty well.