News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Quote from: Anastasia on September 15, 2018, 04:24:07 PM
Glad that's wrapping up for you, Drac. Holding up okay?

Yes, no?  I mean, miss her but life gives enough other reasons to be grumbly.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Multi-day mee-tan occurred. But this is a benevolent mee-tan that temporarily brought remotee people from all over different places to my work location and made them much more than names in a chat.

Also, the presentation I prepared for forty-ish minutes turned into a two hour discussion. That's... eeeh... I sure found a blind spot in the existing product. But the entire subsequent schedule for 2 days was reshuffled because of that. Dwarf Fortress Fun!
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Quote from: Dracos on September 27, 2018, 11:10:46 AM
Good arakawa? :)

arakawa destroyer of carefully planned schedule :p

No, it was pretty good.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

I am getting way more job interviews than I did last time I was unemployed.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

KLSymph

Through the magic of not taking vacations and banking too much PTO, I will have three day weekends for the rest of the year.

Merc

Nice! At my workplace they cap us on PTO to avoid having to deal with that and 'christmas' bonuses for people that cash in the PTO, so always nice when you can pull off that sort of thing.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Hal is pretty awesome, and I'm swinging by his place later to hang out for thanksgiving.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

At least the job hunt is getting call backs. That's something to appreciate, right?
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

I got a reply from Ara on my Overlord review.

Yay feedback!
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Congratulations!

(I believe I meant to reply to that and never got to it. My bad. Have a very belated reply.)
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Nintendo Direct today made me just a bit happier.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Mix of things.

For the most part, Mario Maker 2 was announced and not that far off, June 2019 for it. About the only thing I might have wanted from a Wii U would have been Mario Maker (given all the streamers I watch playing it), but I didn't want to get a Wii U for a single game. Seeing a Switch game coming up and not just a port but with new features and coming relatively soon made me happy.

Other things in the Direct also just entertained me. I thought the remake of Link's Awakening looked cute. As long as it's not a full price $60 remake, I'll probably pick it up.

Astral Chain which was something like...I dunno, cops with Jojo stands? Best way I can describe it. Although less of the zany powers from that series and more of a traditional mecha or sentai type power suit deal. It looked kinda neat and something I want to keep an eye on.

Dragon Quest XI generally gets a pretty good rep, but I've not played it before, and I like that Toriyama aesthetic.

I'd gotten DLC for Smash, so nice to get a rough date on DLC release of new character (Joker) for April.

Don't recall other games specifically, but overall just seemed like a lot of things I haven't played and do have interest showed up, so yeah, felt a bit happy.