News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KLSymph

I just downloaded Magic (the Gathering) Online, just to occupy myself for an hour. Apparently, playing a card game online makes me mess up even more than usual (says the one whose only Friday Night Magic score is 1 win, 8 losses in a Time Spiral draft because he couldn't draw enough mountains in any of those games... while drawing all of his plains, despite having twice as many mountains as plains in his deck). In the end, I was sitting there facing Prodigal Pyromancer, Bloodrock Cyclops, Viashino Sandscout, and Thundering Giant with nothing but a pile of mountains, having spent all of my three creatures that game putting my opponent down to 12 life. Note to self, make sure the opponent's Raging Goblin actually attacked last turn before sending Lightning Elemental into it.

I still won. Ah, Incinerate, Incinerate, Blaze for 6.

Is there nothing you can't do?

Dracos

I have irc during the day again.  Very nice.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

We have rudimentary bot?

Does rudimentary bot catch cool editing?  Not like that it doesn't.

Oh well, decent first run.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

websense doesn't catch the One Manga site or the manga pictures there. Sure the site is slow. But damned if it's not nice being able to look at manga at work. *enjoys it while can*
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

Postbot stays up for testing today.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Merc on October 23, 2007, 08:15:50 PM
websense doesn't catch the One Manga site or the manga pictures there. Sure the site is slow. But damned if it's not nice being able to look at manga at work. *enjoys it while can*

Tangentially, I suspect you'll get busted on it. I think your organization runs their Webcatcher software, which is what captures internet sites for review. I never had problems with SR until you got your current job. >_>
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

So clearly we have to destroy websense.  Villianious thing.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Quote from: AnastasiaTangentially, I suspect you'll get busted on it. I think your organization runs their Webcatcher software, which is what captures internet sites for review. I never had problems with SR until you got your current job. >_>
Hey, I rarely even logged onto SR board in the first place (maybe 2-3 times a week), so chances of that being my fault are pretty minimal, I'd think. If anything, I think it got caught when 3.0 came about and the title of the board shifted from having a partial focus on "anime, manga", to purely gaming. I'm pretty certain it was soon after that when it got blocked off.

Notably, I could see ff.net getting busted because of me checking for fic updates whenever I had a free moment to read fanfics. But I'd been doing that since way back when I started. I don't see them only having blocked it off a good year and a half after because of me looking at fics though. Seems weird since it doesn't look like they hunt for words like "anime" or "manga" but almost always block "gaming" and "social".

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

blame bjorn.  He convinced me with rational thought and well argued rhetoric :P

actually don't, I just felt like giving that line =P

Blame Websense.  Screw that.
Well, Goodbye.

thepanda

Happy Spooktoberfest, everyone!

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Dexie Oblivion

I got a new avatar.

When I changed it, hell if I know. Must have been tired when it happened and forgot about it. :p
Pet my snake, pet my ssssnaaaake. :P

Brian

Got to go to Legion of Honor, and see a genuine Picasso.  And a Monet, and a Van Goh, and (I think) Rodin's 'The Thinker'.  Never seen famous art in person before.  Was kind of neat.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Ranma_007

My CISA application was approved! I'm now a CISA!

They say that 'a small number of applications will be audited'... yeah, mine was audited, so that was another month or so to verify employment history and so forth.