News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I have an iPad.  Once I get a keyboard for it, it will be replacing my laptop.

SO AWESOME.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Jon

Neat. I recommend either the Apple Bluetooth keyboard or the Zaggmate. I also recommend Elements a bare-bones text editor that automatically syncs to Dropbox. (In case you've not heard of Dropbox, it's a free 5GB cloud storage that automatically syncs to a folder on your computer and includes versioning support. Basically perfect for your writing needs.)

Iron Dragoon

Rocket impacted about 35 feet from my bed last night. Put two holes in the B-Hut (plywood building) I live in.

I am happy to be able to type this.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Dracos on April 02, 2011, 10:53:34 PM
Iddy, don't get killed. :(

I'll try my best, but it's not really under my control. Well, I guess I could stop being a contractor.. But.. Eh.

Also, that rocket put three holes into the building I live in. Shrapnel... And depressingly enough, I can honestly say that's not the closest I've been to a rocket/mortar explosion. I've been less than 10 feet from one.. After six days of no sleep, so I slept through it. The crater was next to my cot, and my sleeping bag had a mess of melted shrapnel covering it.

Brian

That is too much cleansing power of fire, Iddy.

I seem to remember hearing that something like this has happened to you before, as well...?
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

Yeah. I've been inside the direct kill radius of indirect fire (rockets/mortars) about a half dozen times now, that I can remember clearly, though I want to say there have been more. For reference, a hand grenade has a blast radius of about 14 meters, and a casualty radius of fragmentation for 15 meters past that.

A mortar has a blast radius of 35-40 meters. I can remember being inside of 35 feet of a mortar/rocket attack.. more times than I like. And that's just IDF I've been involved in. I've had pistols, rifles, recoiless rifles, machine guns, snipers, RPGs, and even armored vehicles and tanks once, fired at me.

I can honestly say I've almost died more often than most people almost live. As much as I enjoy combat, and I do, I'm beginning to worry about the odds.

KLSymph

Last week, my Sony Ericsson Walkman cell phone started having problems, so I upgraded to a HTC Inspire 4G.

Boy, phones sure do improve in two or three years.  The Inspire is wider, but it is thin enough such that I can comfortably slip it into the same pocket as my wallet, as opposed to the Walkman, which--as you can see--has spent a long time with my keys.

Also, today is my birthday.

So there's that.

Dracos

Barring disaster, I will have a house before the month is out.  FINALLY!
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Loan Get.  4.2 on 15 year.  Yay for ridiculously low rates.

And a small house.  Works for me as I don't want a giant house to take care of.  It's pretty much a fancy condo inside + land around it.

http://media.cdn-redfin.com/photo/8/bigphoto/842/81116842_0.jpg  *swipes picture up*
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Nice. How much does a house that size in California run you, anyway?
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

The bay is somewhat specially high priced.  It ran me 420.  It has the reasonably good neighborhood going for it too, as yeah, I could've easily gotten something for half in the "Well, I no longer carry a knife around this neighborhood anymore" areas.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Spending 4 hours negociating = TEHSucks.

Dropping the price to 410 (15k down from list), making the time spent over the last two days effectively 2000~ per hour in gains = Awesome.

Watching taxes drop = Awesome.

Effectively being able to afford transforming an old house into a brand new house = very awesome.

Mmm, hitting enter to submit might be good :P

Anyhow, annual raise time shortly =D  Things falling into place=good!
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.