News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

It's Taco Tuesday at the local mexican place. $1 tacos and $3 frozen margaritas all night.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

I have a nice new signature that makes me giggle everytime I read it. Sometimes it's the little things in life.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

I can shave my terrible mustache today.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Quote from: Ebiris on November 30, 2011, 01:42:54 PMI can shave my terrible mustache today.
Do we get to bask in the terribleness? Post before and after pics to the photography thread! =p
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Brian

I kind of don't understand the point of 'no shave November.'  Scratch that -- I totally don't understand it.  I get strike-beards, project beards, etc.; I grew a project-beard when I was working at Crystal, shaving only when I had days off (after month two, they started mistaking me for an engineer instead of QA; this same thing happened at my current job when I grew a strike-beard to silently protest certain events where I was living at the time).

I also get the concept of a 'beard party', which my brother told me about: Announce a party in a month/two month's time, and tell all invitees to shave that day, and not again until after the party.

But arbitrarily, because it's November?  Don't get it.  O_o?

I've tried to google it, but get a bunch of useless troll sites that don't offer anything approaching a good explanation.  Since you've undertaken it, presumably you can explain the appeal to me?
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Ebiris

We call it Movember, because it's for mustaches not just generally not shaving. It's just something fun to raise awareness and possibly funds for prostate cancer (in my office anyone not growing a mustache paid a tenner to be donated to Cancer Research).

Wikipedia can explain more I guess? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Movember

Ebiris

Quote from: Merc on November 30, 2011, 05:55:37 PM
Quote from: Ebiris on November 30, 2011, 01:42:54 PMI can shave my terrible mustache today.
Do we get to bask in the terribleness? Post before and after pics to the photography thread! =p

Too late for a before pic I'm afraid.

Brian

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

I won a year's supply of fruit snacks. Go me?
<Afina> Forever.

thepanda

You know, I've always wondered how they determine what a year's supply amounts to.

Anastasia

Quote from: thepanda on December 05, 2011, 12:39:06 PM
You know, I've always wondered how they determine what a year's supply amounts to.

12 party packs of 24, apparently. 288 servings.
<Afina> Forever.

Brian

Congratulations on that, by the way, Dune.  That's pretty cool. :)

~exploding tag~

Anastasia

Quote from: Brian on December 05, 2011, 01:41:27 PM
Congratulations on that, by the way, Dune.  That's pretty cool. :)

Thanks!
<Afina> Forever.