News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Kt3

I finally got into the Dota 2 beta!

I, uh, got the invitation on Saturday but I've been kinda playing it since, so... >.>
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Yuthirin

I got up this morning after like 14 hours of sleep, feeling awesomely groggy. I tripped over something, and hit the floor face first. Angrily, I grabbed at the offending object that so desperately wanted to be thrown across the room, only to find...my missing laptop cable. I cleaned the hell out of the room yesterday, it shouldn't have even been there.

My life is so awesome right now. :D :D :D
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

You pulled a Homer? :p

Glad you found the the cable, Yuth. :D
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Got a random act of spontaneous breakfast today.  It was pretty cool.

Almost  the holiday season.  I'm being non-fail at work at the moment.  Game is about to start.  Epic Legend of Unending Victory. :P
Well, Goodbye.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Brian on December 07, 2011, 02:59:44 PM
You pulled a Homer? :p

Glad you found the the cable, Yuth. :D

Guess so! Good thing too. Hundred bucks to replace it.

DY

I seem to have gotten a Diablo 3 invite, interesting.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Yuthirin

Brian

~exploding tag~

Brian

Awake early enough to start the batch of cookies I was supposed to make last night~!

~exploding tag~

sarsaparilla

Putting the bliss in blizzard.

The first snowstorm of the year.
I must get out and let the wind embrace me, passionately,
snowflakes melting on my face in tears of happiness.
In this maelstrom of purity the world ceases to be;
I want to lie down in a tranquil sleep and be overcome.

Brian

Oh, I miss living where it snows.  Here, some of the trees are just now having their leaves turn golden and red.  Our season cycle only allows about a month of 'Winter' proper, and Fall doesn't even start until mid-November.  :)

Also, baking is an excellent distraction.  Where will I put all these cookies? ^_^;

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

It's a balmy 26°F here, north of Chicago.

Brian

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on tvtropesMostly by finding more of this type of fic outside of my narrow range of Fan Fic.
Or crushing me with despair when it turns out this doesn't happen in other fandoms.

Well, I'm also mildly familiar with the Lucky Star fandom, which is generally divided into three categories:

• Fics where the characters replace the cast of some other story (generally a video game, such as Elder Scrolls, Silent Hill, etc., where there isn't much of a fleshed out cast that would get overwritten by doing so). These are generally the main sorts of interesting fics.
  • Shipping!!! Shippingshippingshippingshipping... you get the idea. Since Lucky Star has... I think only two male characters out of a couple dozen girls, you also get the idea of what kind of shipping it usually ends up being. Namely, yuri.
  • Actual luwlfics as per your definition. "Tsukasa is Pregnant and Other Stories" comes to mind... yeah. I'm not going to bother linking to it since the title alone should be sufficient.

(The main Lucky Star fic I enjoyed is http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5780603/1/, which interestingly fits none of the above categories, going instead the megacrossover route.)

I assume given your self-doubt that the Ranma fandom is blissfully free of lawlfics at the moment.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)