News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

I know how to dance...but someone did try to push me over. Fricken drunkies.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Arakawa

On the plus side, I am now sitting by the gate watching the obligatory lineup of bitchy customers taking their frustrations out on the desk clerk.

"I want the shuttle bus to make a stop in Oakville! I want you to pay for my hotel! I want a pony! What's the logic of landing in Hamilton! No what do you mean they didn't tell you anything! What do you mean I'm rude! It's your job to be polite to me!"

*giggle*

It's entertaining, I guess, much like a gladiator battle in ancient Rome.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Arakawa

Am landed in Hamilton and waiting for Shuttle bus to start moving.

Feels great to be back after that ordeal.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Brian

I may be getting as much as 85% of my deposit back.  Which is 85% more than anticipated.

Evidently the 'meeting' that the manager had on friday (so we couldn't do the inspection) was 'going to court over gouging someone on their deposit.'

...weird.  Good for me, though--  They even retracted the 'non-refundable' part of the pet deposit!
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

Kick ass man. Money's always good.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

Hmmm.  Despite my self-doubt and self-inflicted panic attacks, maybe I'm doing something right after all.  Someone wants to make an e-book and audiobook (like, book-on-tape) version of K:BDH.

~exploding tag~

CyMage

Canceled our previous car insurance before the new rate would kick in, and getting $150 back apparently.
He's history...play with fire and you get burned."-Magus

And then the mage drew his two handed sword.  "Shit! We're screwed!"

Grahf

Finally paid off and closed the line of credit I had to take at the bank to get "them fancy booklearn'ins". Seven years in total with something that was both a constant companion as well as a monkey on my back. Feels strange, but good.

Brian

Oh--  Student loans.  I sidestepped those by not ever going to college. >_>;;

Congratulations! :p

~exploding tag~

Jon

Lockout is a surprisingly not bad film. Not to say it's a good one. But it's okay for what it is. (Which is "Escape from New York" IN SPACE.)

Brian

I wrote 8.9k words today.  Pretty good for a work day.  I'm happy about it. :3

~exploding tag~

Grahf

Wow, that's quite a bit.

Aside from today already being a good day for me, something I wrote also got promoted to the front page of Bitmob. I know that's nothing huge in and of itself, but it was my first time getting an article promoted and I still feel quite proud of that fact.

It's been a really good day.

Brian

A bug in the Steam store's inventory system gave me three extra copies of Shoot Many Robots.  How unexpected!

* Brian gifts them randomly.

~exploding tag~

Jon