News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alethiophile

Successfully managed another year without dying somehow, and to show for it I now have The Well-Tempered Clavier on CD.

Music-chan

Quote from: alethiophile on April 27, 2012, 02:21:18 AM
Successfully managed another year without dying somehow, and to show for it I now have The Well-Tempered Clavier on CD.
Huh! I am pretty sure I have at least some of the sheet music for that.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Dracos

I have so many online co-op games at the moment that there is actually a significant backlog that could easily last me into next year.

This is matched with an equally deep list of 2 player co-op games for the living room.

I am drowning in excellent entertainment.  Woe is me. :3
Well, Goodbye.

Music-chan

This isn't going to seem like much of an appreciation, but one of the places I applied for actually sent me an e-mail saying they WEREN'T going have me come in for an interview.  This is so different from most places that I was kind of happy to see it. Usually when I put in apps, I hear nothing EVER.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Dracos

Yeah, I can sympathize.  HR's lack of generic 'we've passed on you' form letters sucks.  I know the reason for that, but still, it sucks.
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

DY

My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Brian

I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Merc

Grats, Jon. I hope it was a promotion with a pay raise, not just a responsibilities raise!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jon

I do indeed get a pay raise. I just don't know what it will be, yet.

KLSymph

Go Jon!

I played paintball for the first time last weekend. It was a blast, but lugging a paintball gun for half a day through the woods taught me just how not in shape I am.

I had only one confirmed kill.

It was on a teammate.

In the jewels.

Victory.

Dracos

Paintball is surprisingly strenuous in most runs I've played.  But that's also because the equipment (mask for instance) breathes terribly.
Well, Goodbye.

KLSymph

Well, in the specific case of the mask, mine prevented me from wearing my glasses, so I spent the entire time nearsighted. Plus it fogs up at the worst times. This may have contributed to my teamkilling.

I found the carrying the gun (including the air tank), all the crouch-walking (to keep my head down), and lugging the extra paintballs from field to field to be most tiring.  That actually hurts a lot more than being shot: multiple times in the legs and arms, once on the hand, twice on the same spot on my neck, once in the head, and yes, once in the crotch--though that was just a glancing hit.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: KLSymph on May 01, 2012, 03:05:40 PM
Well, in the specific case of the mask, mine prevented me from wearing my glasses, so I spent the entire time nearsighted. Plus it fogs up at the worst times. This may have contributed to my teamkilling.

I found the carrying the gun (including the air tank), all the crouch-walking (to keep my head down), and lugging the extra paintballs from field to field to be most tiring.  That actually hurts a lot more than being shot: multiple times in the legs and arms, once on the hand, twice on the same spot on my neck, once in the head, and yes, once in the crotch--though that was just a glancing hit.

I used to paintball *a lot.* Multiple times a week. If you want some advice or help with some equipment and stuff, let me know. I may even have some unopened stuff in boxes somewhere around the house I can hook you up with.

Edit: A few seconds of closet looking found me two unopened masks and two guns. I think I have some chest rigs and stuff laying around, too.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.