News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

I appreciate that I learned the skill to change a car tire before I needed to do it.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Was walking yesterday, saw someone with a flat tire and a lost look on their face. Walked up, changed their tire. Got them to donate to my organization in return for my good deed. Not sure if evil.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

Yeah, that's not evil at all.  He'll donate at most the same amount he would have paid someone to change his tire for him.

Unless you meant he might have been evil.

That's entirely possible.

I guess it's like cooking?  I'm surprised how many people just don't get what I've kind of taken for granted as basic skills....

~exploding tag~

Dracos

heh.  Admittingly, I don't know how.  But I also have AAA.  I'm pretty sure I have the tools in my trunk to do so but *shrugs*
Well, Goodbye.

Jon

I am in my hotel room finally, and there is a pizza on the way. Modern technology is the worst and also the best.

Jason_Miao

Returned from impromptu 24 hr LAN party.

Music-chan

Had fun at TCAF today (yesterday?).  Also was proud of myself for getting to downtown Toronto and back without getting turned around and lost.  My sense of direction is pretty horrible sometimes.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Dracos

Nothin' particularly wrong.  Sun is up.  Life Goes On.

Well, Goodbye.

alethiophile

Got about three times as much money for textbook buyback as I expected to, meaning I can buy my new computer right away instead of conditioning it on getting a job.

Arakawa

Just spent an hour boring Jon out of his skull (well, hopefully not, but it was all small talk). Still, some curiosity as to who I am was satisfied, as meeting someone in person generally conveys details not evident on a forum.

In honesty, what I'm really curious about is what kind of impression (if any) will get conveyed to the other SR people.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Jon

Not bored. I did, however, lose my hoodie on the bike ride back. Which is sort of a blessing in disguise; I was getting tired of it and with luck some homeless person will make good use of it.

Music-chan

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on May 13, 2012, 02:28:09 PM
Just spent an hour boring Jon out of his skull (well, hopefully not, but it was all small talk). Still, some curiosity as to who I am was satisfied, as meeting someone in person generally conveys details not evident on a forum.

In honesty, what I'm really curious about is what kind of impression (if any) will get conveyed to the other SR people.

Why do you never offer to bore me out of my skull? I am already bored! I could use the excitement! =p
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Arakawa

Quote from: Music-chan on May 13, 2012, 05:15:43 PM
Why do you never offer to bore me out of my skull? I am already bored! I could use the excitement! =p

Hmm... I did skip out on the get-together on Friday. Fortunately, there'll be plenty of time to figure out something with you and Cy in the next few weeks. Sadly, not sooner due to the need to meet with a bunch of other people first during all the convenient meet-up times.

Egh... there's a lineup of people who want to chat with me now. I guess that's worth appreciating.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

System failure is now pinpointed to the motherboard.  Got a crash where it locked up on the BIOS splashscreen, and wouldn't respond to hardware instructions (power on/off, reset), so had to hit the switch in the back.  Came back with a corrupted CMOS.

Hooray knowing what the problem is -- and it's under warranty, too!  Got a replacement coming in to swap out on Wednesday, and then will be sending the old one back.  This means instead of shelling out for random replacement parts, I'm already building my secondary system! :D

~exploding tag~

Iron Dragoon

Welp. Looks like good news. Mom doesn't need surgery.

3 wks on the sling, 3 wks therapy should call it good.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.