News:

I have a dream that one day, men will be punched in the face not for the color of their skin, but for the awful content of their character.

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Aced my monthly 'keep your job' interview.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

Quote from: Brian on June 01, 2012, 06:58:33 PM
Aced my monthly 'keep your job' interview.

They make you do a monthly 'keep your job' interview?

uguuuu~ o_o
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

Yeah.  Trying to be optimistic:

Keeps me in good interviewing shape.

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

Hm. Is it an Oracle-salesman-style "the bottom 10% must be fired" type thing with a quota, or just an in-person performance evaluation with sharp, pointy teeth?

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Brian

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

Well, there we go. I can at least think of an even less pleasant arrangement that you're thankfully not subject to. Albeit in sales.

---

(from Wm. Blake)

VySaika

FF5's Four Job Fiesta has hard mode options this year. Including practically garunteeing that you get more then one berserker. Challenge accepted~
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Brian

Out to lunch with.co-workers for one of their birthdays.  12 people.

This will be ... interesting.

~exploding tag~

Music-chan

Have I mentioned I'm really happy to be able to eat protein again?  And some of the recipes are tasty and healthy too! Yum!
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.

Ranma_007

The same day my son was born I was offered a new job! WOO!

Start in two weeks - it is good times. I feel now like I will be a good provider. :)

Anastasia

Awesome. Sounds like you're on a roll.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

It's late, I'm tired, and my phone is dying. I'll be brief. Roger Waters was amazing. He performed The Wall beautifully. Great times were had.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

So a while ago, Music-chan introduced me to a web-show, Tabletop, and I bought one of the games showcased in that.

Today, I just spent a little over an hour playing Small World with family. Fun times were had, although they ganged up on me horribly so. I went through four races because they kept murdering my poor races! ;_;

I had the last laugh though!

My sister and my mom were obsessing over a 'castle' in one of the territories, my sister took over that territory early on and was defending it heavily until my mom captured it with a dragon and kept the dragon to guard it so my sister couldn't grab it back. At the very end, the last round, my mom felt safe because my sister only had one free token and wasn't going to be able to target that territory. So she moved the dragon to try and capture one more territory than she normally would have been able to.

Unfortunately for her... I had the last turn! And I had just put my race into decline in the last turn! I got pillaging orcs in the last round and I used said orcs to pillage the castle!

Both my mom and sister were gaping at me as I laughed diabolically.

I may have lost the game by a large margin, but I feel that I won the WAR! =D

But as an aside, commando skeletons? *shudders* My sister was devastating with those. She had about 60 points more than the second highest player because she conquered almost half the map just because of those beasts near the start of the game.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Fell asleep at the computer, promptly snoozed away for 12 hours. I fucking hibernated and I feel good.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Music-chan

I got HIRED today!  At a place I think I might enjoy working at; a craft stored called Michaels.  (It's a pretty big chain with stores both in the US and Canada)  The hours and commute might suck for a bit but I hope to get my foot in the door at least.
The Road goes ever on and on
Down from the door where it began.
Now far ahead the Road has gone,
And I must follow, if I can,
Pursuing it with eager feet,
Until it joins some larger way
Where many paths and errands meet.
And whither then? I cannot say.