News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arakawa

This isn't quite bitching, more bemusement....

Looking in the mirror, I notice the first wrinkles have appeared on my face. They are long, parallel forehead creases from raising my eyebrows in a bemused fashion several times an hour.

I'm not sure what this says about my personality....

Perhaps that, when faced in person with any moderately challenging social situation, I make like Jeeves and carefully hide my personal opinion of the matter behind a bemused raising of the eyebrows.

* Arakawa decides to post this in the appreciations thread instead, as I've apparently gained an excuse to compare myself to Jeeves...
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

KLSymph

I got up to take a call, and when I sat back down I discovered that I put one of my earbuds into my water mug.

But after drying off, the earbud works again!

And that's awesome.

Also clumsy.

Brian

I get to have gmail automatically delete Lurker's harassing direct e-mails without having to read them, now.  I couldn't do that as an admin.

I did let the bully win, in the end, but unfortunately, the peace of mind is really worth it.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Naw, that's not letting the bully win. That would require letting him beat you down. Now you're just passively ignoring him while he rails against the impassive wall that is Google's spam blocker.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Brian

That's a more positive take on it.  I'll try and keep that in mind!

It does raise the question of how I manage to get so many people to hate me so much.

Or ... maybe I haven't.  Hum.  Odds on him being behind the e-mail bombing?  I hadn't thought about it, but it might coincide with me modding him.  It would make a lot more sense if it was just a singular psycho out to get me instead of bunches.

Actually, that's a super positive take on things.  Neatness.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Rezantis

Quote from: Brian on July 01, 2013, 05:26:51 PM
Or ... maybe I haven't.  Hum.  Odds on him being behind the e-mail bombing?  I hadn't thought about it, but it might coincide with me modding him.  It would make a lot more sense if it was just a singular psycho out to get me instead of bunches.

Actually, that's a super positive take on things.  Neatness.

Email bombing?  What was this about?
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Brian

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

Ohh.

Yeah, there's no way that sort of thing was more than one person.  It doesn't need to be these days.  And it was clearly someone involved in fanfiction, and probably a fan of <nothingtoseehere>, so it was almost certainly one solitary butthurt script kiddie.

Quote from: Brian on July 03, 2013, 09:55:15 PM
Old news: http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/topic,2212.msg1026002/topicseen.html#msg1026002
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Grahf

I was semi-aware of this situation, but I wasn't aware it was this bad in terms of people actually going out of their way to be jerks. :/

Yuthirin

People can be incredibly awful for no good reason.

Brian

I seem to be amazing at pressing some people's buttons.  What can I say?

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

It is both a gift and a curse.

Brian

Got my dash cam installed.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

You needed a dash cam? O_o