News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Nah, just wanted one.  You get an insurance cost reduction, and if I get in a collision, it'll help settle any dispute.

More importantly, if I witness anything crazy, I can upload a youtube video of it.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Among things that finally occurred during my busy day, I finally got statistics back for the next spec of hardware that was mostly built by going down a 'We should have this' list I wrote.  They're roughly ten percent better across the board in raw performance than our current best machines, probably about 40 percent better than the HP competing offer, and a nice solid 115 percent better than the oldest spec on the floor.

Huh, so my oldest spec unit just broke and we're finished with the testing?

Shame if that was to end up under my desk as my new work pc. :)  I think it'll be the first time that I've had the most powerful machine in the office.  It shall be convenient to enjoy the benefits of my insight, whether or not the company decides to go along with my spec recommendation.
Well, Goodbye.

Kt3

Dash cams are also super popular in Russia for mostly the latter reason Brian listed.
I think we live our lives in other people's hearts and minds. Alone by ourselves we're not very much good at all. But when we let someone else in with their stories and all their sights and sounds and songs and smells and sensations, we suddenly start filling our shelves and boxes with books and books of them and building up our libraries.

Brian

I have sucessfully installed two ceiling fans without anyone dying.

Or anything catching on fire.

Come to think of it....

I haven't even cut or bruised myself in the installation.

This is like Tsunade winning bets.  I think California is about to slide into the ocean.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dammit, briiiaaaan...

*Falls into the ocean*
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

...more quick-access sushi?

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

I was just informed that if I ever move back home, I can have free room and board AND a job for as long as I want.

Brian

That's encouraging.  Now you have a safety net to do daredevil-ey type things.

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Quote from: Brian on July 15, 2013, 06:46:19 PM
That's encouraging.  Now you have a safety net to do daredevil-ey type things.

That's sort of what I'm doing right now with this job.

Brian

Turtle in a cape jumping a motorcycle across the grand canyon.

Yeah!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Quote from: Brian on July 15, 2013, 08:23:53 PM
Turtle in a cape jumping a motorcycle across the grand canyon.

Yeah!

That was yesterday. Today is ziplining from one tall building to the next.

KLSymph

I beat Old King Doran using only parry and ripostes.

Death or glory!

Dracos

Old King Doran?

Conteeeext :3
Well, Goodbye.