News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arakawa

I have now been to Shediac, probably the only place on earth where, if you want, you can speak the most egregious Franglais, and no one looks at you funny.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiac#Example_sentences

I am almost totally serious.

It's certainly... different from the usual varieties of awkward snobbery that French-speaking regions exhibit towards Anglos.

The laid-back social convention does have a mild disadvantage I've found that, whenever you're about to talk to a stranger, there's this awkward pause as you stare each other down and attempt to telepathically determine the precise percentage mix of French/English you are going to use for the conversation.
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Bezzerker

Loaded Baked Potato Pringles are delicious
Unleash the elements of order and chaos!

A Heart Born Of Darkness,
Bound Within A Body Of Light,
Ignited By A Twilight Forged Soul

Anastasia

I bought a tin of those a few weeks ago. They're unique as hell, I'll give them that much. I'm not sure if they're good. It's different from what I expect out of a potato chip.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

The test I've been agonizing over for weeks was today. I passed.

I'm bouncing.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Ranma_007

Anastasia

<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

I cannot describe my relief.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Yuthirin

I'm so pleased that my life can go back to normal you have no idea.

Brian

Ah, vacation.

Halfway over and I've done pretty much nothing but beat Saint's Row IV and watch three seasons of Futurama.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

alethiophile

These are both worthy achievements.

Ranma_007

Had a staycation downtown with Mrs. Ranma007. It was fun. Relationship batteries are charged. :)

Dracos

I survived returning from the Galapagos.

Also went to the Galapagos.  That was neat.

Pictures at some point.
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

A positive thing happened at work!  I'm contractually not allowed to actually specify what until Thursday.

But it was a good thing!
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

Quote from: Brian on September 03, 2013, 04:17:44 PM
A positive thing happened at work!  I'm contractually not allowed to actually specify what until Thursday.

But it was a good thing!

I find this quite remarkable.

Merc

Went to watch Pacific Rim at the dollar cinema after I got out of work with my family. That was extremely satisfying/entertaining.

I went to watch a movie about giant robots duking it out with giant japanese monsters, and I'll be damned if that wasn't exactly what I got.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.