News:

"Destiny Challenged us and so we chose to end the world.  There was nothing to regret.  Nothing."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ergoemos

Quote from: Brian on December 18, 2013, 09:02:40 PM
We actually designed our blend to be highest possible alcohol content.  We were aiming for a 'box' wine, and everything.

Primary demographic was college students, secondary market was 'Dedicated Deep Drinkers'.  The sales guy had a decent pitch, but stuttered and wasn't as funny as some of the other teams.  We still had a good time, and were evidently judged one of the best tasting wines, despite mottos like, "Not that bad," or, "when you want to keep drinking, but not the good wines".

"Well, this ain't no Shiraz, but it'll do."
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Yuthirin

Apparently, bringing a hip flask full of vinegar and randomly adding it to glasses and bottles is somewhat frowned upon.

As a side note, I'm not allowed to go to wine tastings anymore.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Iron Dragoon

I appreciate protective gear and crash cages, and the forethought in having and using both. *nods*
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Brian

Quote from: Yuthirin on December 20, 2013, 11:17:38 AM
Apparently, bringing a hip flask full of vinegar and randomly adding it to glasses and bottles is somewhat frowned upon.

As a side note, I'm not allowed to go to wine tastings anymore.

I used to carry a hip flask full of vinegar around because I had to drink vinegar with meals.

I appreciate Iddy walking away from that accident.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Yuthirin

I taught myself how to use professional video editing software today.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Merc

Went to a Trans-Siberian Orchestra concert. It was pretty neat. A bit sad that my mom couldn't go (she had a migraine, and woo, the show would have made that even worse), but one of my sister's friends was up for a free ticket. So said friend probably had a better appreciation than me, but hey, she's not the one posting.

I was cracking up at all of the head banging/hair swishing in that concert. Except for one of the singers, -every- member had long hair and was whipping it around in rhythm to the songs.

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Ergoemos

Just saved 100 dollars a month by getting rid of the cable bill and upping the internet speed. We sort of realized all at once that the only shows we really watched on cable were Adventure Time and Steven Universe, and Amazon has them for two bucks an episode, as long as we are willing to wait.

For a thousand dollars a year and the pleasure of never dealing with a cable company, we are willing to wait.

Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Merc

Still have to finish moving boxes and getting some things put in (such as internet), but I am moved in at my new/first house.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Yuthirin

Quote from: Merc on January 04, 2014, 04:35:18 PM
Still have to finish moving boxes and getting some things put in (such as internet), but I am moved in at my new/first house.
BANZAI FIRST HOUSE!

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Twelve hours of sleep resolved the migraine.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Arakawa

That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Ranma_007

QuoteBANZAI FIRST HOUSE!
BANZAI DANIEL-SAN!

Grahf

I've got two job interviews tomorrow and I'm freaking out a little. One of them is only part time though, but the other is full time and at a better wage than my current job. It doesn't help that I want to get away from my current job so badly. I'm happy I'm getting interviews, but I really hope that the full time position gives me an offer.

Anastasia

Good luck!

Fell asleep watching videos and petting the dog. A nice way to pass a day off.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?