News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Blizzard's shutting down the entire city. It's sort of nice, though the sub-zero winds aren't so fun.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ranma_007

Had a hot date with my wife. Who got all dressed up, sexy black dress, did her hair, etc. Yeowza!

Dracos

Mmm, productive day.  Fixed bugs, wiped old machines for disposal, set up rear speakers.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I have donuts.  This is good.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Quote from: Dracos on February 13, 2014, 02:38:20 PM

I had a course in university (mixed undergrad/grad) where one of the students would bring a good dozen of donuts in to every lecture and hand them out. In a lecture session that had eight people.

(Alas, they were also Crispy Creme.)
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Ergoemos

I have tomorrow off. Any day off is a day to celebrate.
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Dracos

Quote from: Arakawa Seijio on February 13, 2014, 07:50:01 PM
Quote from: Dracos on February 13, 2014, 02:38:20 PM

I had a course in university (mixed undergrad/grad) where one of the students would bring a good dozen of donuts in to every lecture and hand them out. In a lecture session that had eight people.

(Alas, they were also Crispy Creme.)

In most donut shops, it is actually more expensive to buy 8 donuts than 12.
Well, Goodbye.

Arakawa

Quote from: Dracos on February 13, 2014, 08:50:04 PM
In most donut shops, it is actually more expensive to buy 8 donuts than 12.

It's all a CONSPIRACY to feed us with SUGAR!

*shakes fist*
That the dead tree with its scattered fruit, a thousand times may live....

---

Man was made for Joy & Woe / And when this we rightly know / Thro the World we safely go / Joy & Woe are woven fine / A Clothing for the soul divine / Under every grief & pine / Runs a joy with silken twine
(from Wm. Blake)

Kaldrak

Ribs...almost healed. Congestion...almost gone. Cough...completely gone.

I'm back baby!

Seriously, I feel so much better now. Nothing like feeling absolutely awful for a while to make you appreciate the times when everything is working properly. ^_^
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Slowly but surely my house returns to a state of cleaned normalcy.  Once the last of the recycling and donation people come through next week I should be at an end of constantly finding new things that need to be given away.  Got a new steamer that did a pretty decent job on some baked on food crude.  Trying it out in the bathroom next.  So now I have a floor and general purpose one.  Convenient.

Did my first try at doing wall crack patching.  It went not too bad on the plaster side.  It really isn't that hard there.  Sanded one a bit early though, so will probably do the proper sanding later this week and then try the painting.  Yay diy-selfing or some such.

Got Brian's music server up and going this week.  Should be able to get the PS3 video server up soon too.  WIll break that in with the crew.
Well, Goodbye.

Ranma_007

Have the house to myself this weekend. Working on schoolwork in peace, and going to clean the office today.

Dracos

Reached out to coworkers for renting room.  May not have to go through the 'listing it and showing it to lots of strangers' thing.  Hopefully.

Won't be as awesome as roommate Brian was by a longshot though.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

I return from Seattle.

Nobody died :)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

So what was up in Seattle worth a visit?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Business trip to a conference.  Za bosses said "Go there and listen", so I did.
Well, Goodbye.