News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on August 06, 2014, 12:51:04 AM
Job interview went well in my opinion!

Hope you nail it, job interviews are tough. Did they give you an ETA on a reply?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ranma_007

I had a relaxing graduation present weekend, watched the Chicago Symphony Orchestra play the soundtrack for Lord of the Rings RotK while it was on the big screen (truly a awesome way to see it), and walked the Chicago Botanical Gardens (very uber relaxing). Nice weekend.

Anastasia

That does sound good. Dang, I was just happy my Sunday was quiet. I'm aiming too low!

But enough about me. How was the orchestra?
<Afina> Forever.

Ranma_007

Absolutely outstanding. The conductor had flair, and it was awesome hearing the music up live, and having it be identical to the soundtrack.

Ergoemos

I always appreciate the fun posts and lore involved with the roleplaying posts on this site. I think I am as interested in the lore behind some of the stuff described on here as some of the players. Thanks for sharing!
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Anastasia

Quote from: Ergoemos on August 12, 2014, 07:22:54 PM
I always appreciate the fun posts and lore involved with the roleplaying posts on this site. I think I am as interested in the lore behind some of the stuff described on here as some of the players. Thanks for sharing!

Sure. What bits interest you in particular, by the way?
<Afina> Forever.

Ergoemos

Quote from: Anastasia on August 12, 2014, 10:38:09 PM

Oh I love reading all the miscellany np character profiles you put up all the time and all the lore bits. I tend to read through the post logs like a creeper and like seeing how things turn out and how you guys figure out weird non combat solutions to obvious fights. (The one that sticks out right now is when you convinced the one guardian to help by reinventing the Dimensions Door spell in like an hour.)

Just reading about "what could have been" right now is fun. It's all been fun. Thanks for posting it.
Battle not with stupid, lest ye become stupid, and if you gaze into the Internet, the Internet gazes also into you.
-R. K. Milholland

Anastasia

Quote from: Ergoemos on August 13, 2014, 10:16:13 AM
Quote from: Anastasia on August 12, 2014, 10:38:09 PM

Oh I love reading all the miscellany np character profiles you put up all the time and all the lore bits. I tend to read through the post logs like a creeper and like seeing how things turn out and how you guys figure out weird non combat solutions to obvious fights. (The one that sticks out right now is when you convinced the one guardian to help by reinventing the Dimensions Door spell in like an hour.)

Just reading about "what could have been" right now is fun. It's all been fun. Thanks for posting it.

Coooool. Feel free to poke if you have any questions or anything. We don't bite and questions are nice.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Family night tonight. Cleaned house up, invited family over, cooked dinner, spent time with them, and played a board game with my mom (family is typically not board gamers though mom humors me occassionally). We played Takenoko for a while, amusingly ended in a tie. I chose not to look up the tie-breaker rules and just enjoy the moment.

Sometimes spending time with family is enough of an appreciation.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Kaldrak

I went on a road trip over the weekend with friends, saw family, walked around Seattle, went to a ren faire. Good times were had. ^_^
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Quote from: Merc on August 16, 2014, 09:56:29 PM
Family night tonight. Cleaned house up, invited family over, cooked dinner, spent time with them, and played a board game with my mom (family is typically not board gamers though mom humors me occassionally). We played Takenoko for a while, amusingly ended in a tie. I chose not to look up the tie-breaker rules and just enjoy the moment.

Sometimes spending time with family is enough of an appreciation.

Such is truth :)
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Kaldrak on August 18, 2014, 10:47:26 PM
I went on a road trip over the weekend with friends, saw family, walked around Seattle, went to a ren faire. Good times were had. ^_^

Seattle, eh? How was it, I've never been.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

Quote from: Anastasia on August 21, 2014, 11:10:07 AMSeattle, eh? How was it, I've never been.

Twas wet. Kind of a light drizzle the entire time I was there. You can spot the tourists by their umbrellas. Everyone else just ignores it.

They have crazy streets. It's not a fun place to drive, but walking around is alright, so long as you have someone who knows where they're going. It can be easy to get lost.

I saw Pike's Market and walked around the piers, took a few photos, ate at a Japanese restaurant. Was a pleasant couple of days for the most part, so long as you don't mind the rain. I was outvoted when I suggested going to the space needle, sadly.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Slept like a rock for 9+ hours and feel great now. I didn't realize how drained I was until I crashed out.
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

Quote from: Anastasia on August 26, 2014, 01:12:55 PM
Slept like a rock for 9+ hours and feel great now. I didn't realize how drained I was until I crashed out.
Those types of sleeps are the best.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."