News:

"If it has HP, we can kill it."

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rukatin

I'm seriously considering starting a fic. What do you guys think?
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on September 11, 2014, 01:03:42 PM
I'm seriously considering starting a fic. What do you guys think?

Well, that depends on what fic it is and what the idea is. Generally speaking, writing is superior to not writing. As long as you write, you can improve at writing and thus become a better writer. So write away. The only question is what you'll write and why. What sort of fic are you thinking of?
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Rukatin

Do you ever get that feeling where you have so much energy, but instead of being hyperactive and moving around, you get FOCUSED on a particular thought or idea and you kind of have to pursue it because if you don't focus on something, you feel like you're going to Explode?

That's me when I take too much of my ADHD medicine. (which I unfortunately somehow build a resistance to...somehow) I either think of story ideas, or willingly do homework. (the intended effect)

Anyways! Back to your question. Well I mentioned the two I had above, but I came up with a third one yesterday that's a Cliche FOZ OC insert...
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Quote from: Rukatin on September 11, 2014, 01:23:06 PM
Do you ever get that feeling where you have so much energy, but instead of being hyperactive and moving around, you get FOCUSED on a particular thought or idea and you kind of have to pursue it because if you don't focus on something, you feel like you're going to Explode?

That's me when I take too much of my ADHD medicine. (which I unfortunately somehow build a resistance to...somehow) I either think of story ideas, or willingly do homework. (the intended effect)

Anyways! Back to your question. Well I mentioned the two I had above, but I came up with a third one yesterday that's a Cliche FOZ OC insert...

Then just write it. Even if it ends up terrible, that's okay. So long as you write you'll improve and find it easier to keep writing.
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

I was wondering if I could write it here. I've read forum-based fanfic and I find the idea of receiving feedback great. Plus you guys are awesome.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Worth a shot. Try posting it on the writer's board, people post fics there.

http://www.soulriders.net/forum/index.php/board,148.0.html
<Afina> Forever.

Rukatin

Got Destiny. Tomorrow will be a good day!

"You enslave minds!"

Dracos

*glances up*

Most people's first fics are terrible.  Taking the effort to write them helps you get to a point where your second and third fics are decent.
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

Destiny is amazing, but it still has it's flaws. Mostly user and group based.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

My dog is awesome, even if she likes to lick my bed's pillows.
<Afina> Forever.

Kaldrak

I rediscovered an old TV series from my youth and I've found that not only has it aged tolerably well, simply because my ten year old self enjoyed it, it does not mean that the show is garbage. (I have discovered that to be the case more than once, unfortunately) I have watched the hell out of the first few seasons of Babylon 5 over the last week that I've been sick. It's been a wonderful distraction.

Also, thankful for my cat, Tsunami, who has treated my sudden rash of 'staying at home all day' as a great opportunity for snuggles.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Anastasia

Cats are awesome like that. When they aren't being cats, anyway.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Finished meetings today. Getting back home tomorrow morning instead of friday afternoon. Yay!
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Kaldrak

Finally feeling better! Ah, the joys of food consumption without nausea. ^_^
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Rukatin

Three days ago I realized I have trouble staying awake in the mornings if I don't take my ADHD medication. This leads to me actually being responsible for once and actually making the choice to go the bed at a reasonable hour so I don't feel like killing myself in the mornings and can actually focus in class! (more or less)

Anyways, I got a refill, and now I'm back to staying up late. I always wondered why I was such a morning person without coffee. Now I know!

"You enslave minds!"