News:

Game for the gaming god; co-op for the entertainment couch!

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Being manager is good and exhausting.  Too many discussions with legal/C-level/security lately though. @_@
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

Bought a new game called Transistor. Good music, beautiful art, and a unique combat system.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Dracos

There be a review of it down below.  It was an enjoyable game :)
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Just got an email stating that I passed my PE exam. Super happy I don't have to study for a second exam!

Also moderately happy that I'm a PE now.

Is it wrong I'm happiest about -not- having to take the exam again?
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Dracos

No, not at all.  :)

After a horrific crunchy many 12-14 hour day week...it ended with me receiving a ridiculous bonus check.  Good from bad.  Now just got to become more human again :)
Well, Goodbye.

Olvelsper

The thermostat on my car is fixed, my copy of Fallout New Vegas is fully modded out with rims and all the plug ins I've ever wanted, and I'm not trapped in my head anymore.

Great progress.
http://www.fanfiction.net/u/2589971/Ol%27Velsper : Then we will write in the shade.

Dracos

I did not crash despite the blinding sunlight this morning.
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

Holiday season starts.  That shall be nice.  To celebrate, I will not kill you all :D

Especially not you retailers.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Only six more days until Christmas Eve. Almost there.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Eyes are pretty red, and I slept most of the day, but LASIK seems to have gone well. More sleep and eye drops to follow. Hopefully nothing complicates in the following weeks, but thats what the followup checkups are for.

So far vision seems way better than without glasses, a bit worse than with them. So about as expected.

Dracos

Way to go Merc.

I've pondered that, but not been bold enough to really look into it myself.  Heard several success stories though.
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

STAR WARS at 1:30 in the morning. Enough said.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Ranma_007

Quote from: Merc on December 20, 2015, 09:13:46 PM
Eyes are pretty red, and I slept most of the day, but LASIK seems to have gone well. More sleep and eye drops to follow. Hopefully nothing complicates in the following weeks, but thats what the followup checkups are for.

So far vision seems way better than without glasses, a bit worse than with them. So about as expected.
Akane007 is getting that done next year in March. I keep reading about halos - let me know if you see any halos... (that's what worries me)

Merc

You do for the first week, but they're supposed to go away afterwards.

Older procedures were more likely to have them remain, nowadays as long as you're careful with the aftercare (medicated eye drops as recommended, regular artificial tears, and no rubbing of eyes), it shouldn't last past the week, I think.

I'll let you know how it goes for me, though I may not be the best reference as I already saw halos and starbusts to a small degree before the procedure, just right now they're worse. I've heard it can also vary with the prescription too. Mine was pretty bad at -7.5 each eye, and like I said, I already saw them to a small degree before.

I will warn: Keep in mind when she does it to have some Tylenol PM handy (or ask your lasik surgeon what is okay). Ideally she'll want to sleep for a good 4-6 hours after the procedure and I wasn't able to because my eyes felt so fucking terrible. I wasn't able to sleep until I asked my parents to go buy some Tylenol PM after convincing then that yes the doctor had told me it was okay. 30 min or so afterwards I was passed out.

Iron Dragoon

Quote from: Ranma_007 on December 21, 2015, 05:53:20 PM
Quote from: Merc on December 20, 2015, 09:13:46 PM

Akane007 is getting that done next year in March. I keep reading about halos - let me know if you see any halos... (that's what worries me)

I got halos from mine. It's not as inconvenient as it's made out to be. About the only time it really gives me any issues is when it's night and the pavement is wet. Not like the heavy rain, standing water wet, but the just enough to make the ground reflect light wet. Then it gets hard as shit to see anything on the ground.

Got mine back in like 2002 or 2003 I think, so it was the older stuff. Got it young, too, so my eyes changed and I still have to wear glasses. But my vision went from like 20/350 to 20/40 after about six years, so.. Still worth it.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.