News:

Populated by the admins and moderators of your other favorite sites!

Main Menu

Appreciations of the day

Started by thepanda, November 25, 2005, 11:45:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

Even the halos I see -right now-, I wouldn't particularly call inconvenient if that helps, 007.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Rukatin

Finished playing Bastion. It was good.
I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"A 'Cult'? Such disrespect for other people's beliefs."
"You enslave minds!"
"And I believe that's okay."

Rukatin

I'm going to need your signature for the metric ton of whoop-ass you're about to receive.

"You enslave minds!"

Anastasia

Nothing like planning a NYE celebration. I actually enjoy all the cooking it entails.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

Well, apparently my credit card number was stolen. First time I've had that happen. :-/

Good news, whomever did it was greedy and triggered my text warnings for charges over $100 (They spent something like $350). Then they were extra greedy and spent another $370 almost minutes later, which was declined even as I was checking on the first charge.

No idea if whomever did it got caught trying to use it the second time or if they just went on to their next stolen card or what. Hopefully yes, but not something I'm privy to.

Either way, getting credited back money that was spent and they're going to send me a new card. Could have been a lot worse if they went for smaller charges and I didn't find out until the end of the month and then had to try and figure out with them which were the valid charges and which ones weren't.

DY

Took a couple of days but I'm feeling much better now. I really wish I could figure out what triggers these vertigo attacks instead of just treating the symptoms. But at least it's over for now.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Ranma_007

Diablo season 5 is starting tonight!

Dracos

Diablo 3, season 5? *guesses*
Well, Goodbye.

Rukatin

"You enslave minds!"

Merc

Finally back to full time work after two months on a 21hr/week schedule. Will be nice to finally get paid a full paycheck again next week.

Mind you, totally going to miss having just three work days of 7 hrs, but getting paid fully is nice too.

Rukatin

Quote from: Merc on January 19, 2016, 10:20:37 PM
Finally back to full time work after two months on a 21hr/week schedule. Will be nice to finally get paid a full paycheck again next week.

Mind you, totally going to miss having just three work days of 7 hrs, but getting paid fully is nice too.
I have found this to be true as well. People say this is a sign of maturity.

"You enslave minds!"

Dracos

It is not.  It is a sign that full pocketbooks allow for comfortable living.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Quote from: Dracos on January 23, 2016, 04:04:22 AM
It is not.  It is a sign that full pocketbooks allow for comfortable living.

^

Anastasia

For all that money's nice, I'd rather have the bare minimum and freedom to do what I wish. Never understood people who thought that working hard means you're mature.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ranma_007

Quote from: Anastasia on January 23, 2016, 12:52:55 PM
For all that money's nice, I'd rather have the bare minimum and freedom to do what I wish. Never understood people who thought that working hard means you're mature.
All of those studies say that once you make $75k+ a year, you don't necessarily become more happy because you make more. It really is ironic. I remember back when I doubled my salary - I was like, man, life is good. I was talking to my brother, who also recently doubled his salary. We were talking about happiness and whether or not we were more happy - the answer was no, sorta once we got to that point, I didn't feel any happier than before. But then last night I was talking to a guy who was like, man, once you make that first 350k, life is good. I was kinda struck by how similar that comment was to my own back in the day. Makes me wonder about greed and when is enough, enough.

I'd kinda want both - enough money to do what I want, and freedom to do what I want as well. Guess the question is does money give you freedom.

Also does anybody else remember the old Duck Tales cartoon... I remember something back when I was a little kid, I think it was one of the "lucky dime" episodes, maybe back when he first got it. He mentioned that you should work smarter, not harder. That made a impression on me, even when I was a little kid.