News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Webcomic of the moment

Started by Dracos, April 16, 2006, 12:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I'll second Wild Life. I saw a recommendation for it on imgur a little while back and started reading it. Not fully caught up, so can't comment on updates, but it's an interesting story.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

DY

I'll third Wilde Life =). It's an absolutely beautiful and fun webcomic. The author started a kickstarter for a print volume of the first arc a little while back, definitely had to support it.
My name is Vash the Stampede. I have been a hunter of peace who chases the mayfly known as love for many, many moons now. There is no rest for me in my search for peace. I meditate diligently every morning. The subjects are life and love. I quit after 3 seconds.

Ragnar

One I've been reading lately is Out There, which I am super behind on but enjoy a lot: http://outthere.keenspot.com/index.html
It's currently on hiatus, but it's a good read so far!
-Ragnar
"BUT THOU MUST!"

DannyCat|somewhere: Watch out, Huitzil. Encredible froce is being swang here.

Merc

Saw this in imgur. I found it midly interesting:

Scrap and Top-Heavy, a story of a level 20 Knight guiding a level 1 adventurer on the start of a grand journey.

Kaldrak

So I've found a couple more webcomics that I'd like to recommend.

First up is this delightfully charming/spooky webcomic called Erma.

https://tapas.io/episode/255222

Erma is a little half human, half ghost girl who has all of the powers of her mother, climbing through TV's and other screens, floating, telekinesis, and going ephemeral on command. She really enjoys scaring people and has a yen for hanging out with obscure/not so obscure monsters, spooks, and other supernatural critters from multiple other media types on occasion. Unfortunately, she also has to go to school and interact with normal kids without traumatizing them.

She's basically Sadoko's daughter from the Ring, though I don't believe her mother's name is mentioned anywhere in comic. There are a lot of references in the one-shots and it's actually really cute. I ended up spending hours reading through the entire archive in one setting. Still ongoing and updated regularly.

The second comic I'd like to recommend is called Sleepless Domain.

http://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-1-cover

It's a mahou shoujo or 'magical girl' webcomic, though one of the more serious ones. Warning:
Spoiler: ShowHide
Character deaths.
I like it because the art is really good, even after they switch artists in the third chapter. And I got to really like the main character, a girl who can manipulate water named Undine. They live in a city sealed off from the rest of the world where nightmares roam the streets during the nights and magical girl teams head out to deal with them and protect people. It's a sad story, but it's well told and I'm enjoying it a lot. Ongoing and updated regularly.
"Do what you want to do. Do what you like doing. Write the stories you want to see written and give other people the same courtesy. That is all that is important."

Dracos

Read all of Erma and found it very cute.
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

https://imgur.com/gallery/vomudXy <-- Very short (and sad) sci-fi comic about a world with robots, dogs, and loss.

...and on more cheerful note:

I think I should probably give a shout-out to Loading Artist and Extra Ordinary Comics, both webcomics by a pair from New Zealand.

I've been part of the twitch/discord community for Loading Artist for close to a year now, Gregor makes a lot of funny comics and has a very cool community and engaging twitch channel. His twitch set-up is pretty amazing too, with a lot of custom and dynamic animations. His comics tend to lean towards some darker humor, social anxiety and self-deprecation.

Sometimes, things get a bit...uh, surreal? Clip is of a moment when he was wearing a banana suit for halloween season...and got visited by fire alarm inspector. You can watch his clips for other scenes of what shenanigans can happen in his streams.

He does (did?) some gaming streams as well in addition to comic drawing streams, though he's recently been on a month break from streaming due to burn out, and he's currently only doing comic streams after coming back, for the time being.

Li (exocomics' artist) is a member of his community too (and a real life friend of his), and she does more cutesy/slice of life stuff in her comics.

And full disclaimer, part of the reason for the shout out is that  I just became a mod over at Gregor's twitch and discord servers, so yeah, should be a good minion and give him a plug. (Li gets a freebie :p)

Dracos

Moddy merc :3  Conquer the comics.
Well, Goodbye.