Cool Gaming Device! (Ok, it's not a system.)

Started by Carthrat, July 29, 2006, 05:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

http://www.openrpg.com/

-Openrpg is a tool that creates a gaming server. At the basic level, the server is basically a chatroom with a map that the GM can edit in real-time, thus updating gameflow and keeping back direction problems.

That feature ALONE is enough to warrant coolness.

But there's more! Using a system of templates that aren't too difficult to use, you can set up scripts that allow you to easily store away character/NPC/game details and access them on the fly, serving as a sort of virtual notepad for your gaming needs. It comes with dicerolling tools, too, that can roll, say, an attack on the spot and instantly show what AC it hits and what damage it does, to use a d20 example- but there's support for WoD and a few other systems, too. I'm told it's remarkably customizable, and that if you know python, it's easy to design extra plugins and whatnot to go with it.

I actually want to try and use it somewhere, perhaps in BF or another game, but I'm going to roadtest it somewhere first- in the meantime, I think it's cool.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

I remember reading it, but not having the time to really try it out.  Let me know how it goes.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.