News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Fishing for interest

Started by Iron Dragoon, September 29, 2006, 08:14:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Dragoon

Yo, I'm looking to get my feet wet in some GMing, and want to give a short game a shot. It'd be D&D 2e most likely, but 3e isn't totally out of the question..

I'd be looking to keep it small, three to four players, and probably only one to three sessions at max. The basis of it would depend on the character make-up of the group. I'm willing to work out anything the players can agree on; evil party, good party, monsterous party, ect. The only thing is that all players must agree on the same theme.

Timing for it would be most any day of the week after about 5 pm Central Time Zone (UTC).

Once again, this is going to be my first attempt at GMing, so I'd appreciate at least one or two players who have experience at GMing to give me knowledgable feedback, and who would be willing to give me the occasional 'hand' in dealing with the aspects of GMing I have yet to discover.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

I'll give it a shot if I can make the times, sure. New fish, new fish!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Asrana

Interest. Post. Yes.

Clear? >_>
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Anastasia

Bump of interest and curiosity. Anyone else game for this, I know I am.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Mmm...well, as I told Iddy when he first posted, some semi-interest in it, if nobody else wants to join up. Not too comfortable with the idea of gaming during a weekday (even if it is the evenings), though since he said it was only gonna be a few sessions to wet his feet on GM'ing, it shouldn't be too difficult to manage either.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Iron Dragoon

Uh, by 'any day of the week' I mean *any*. Including Saturday and Sunday. Still days of the week ;)
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Anastasia

Speaking of, what days are good for us all?

Possible days for me are Fridays, Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Friday, Saturday and Sunday by far are best. As said though, I can manage any other day, though I'd probably want it something later than 5pm. I generally am leaving work at 5 and don't get home until around 6ish.

Anastasia

Do you mean EST or CST, Merc?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

CST. I generally say timezone, but since Iddy had already said CST for the 5pm on his original post, I didn't really think about it. ^^;

Anastasia

Poke for chargen/theme info?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

What's the status on this, Iddy? Got another place, etc? And if there is, any chance of the game running on a Friday? totally awesome, work-free day!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Is this gonna run once Iddy gets back?
<Afina> Forever.