News:

Because we're grown ups now, and its our turn to decide what that means.

Main Menu

Winter Memories (D&D 3.5e - weekends game)

Started by Merc, October 20, 2006, 05:57:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Merc

I almost feel like a lemming, what with all the other D&D games starting up...

Anyhow, I'm interested in running a weekly IRC game, probably starting some time after mid/late November, with level 3 characters. If possible, I'd like to recruit 3-4 players.

The rub? Unfortunately, because of my work schedule, the only times I have available to run a weekly game are on Saturday (after 2-3pm'ish CST) or any time Sunday (so long as gaming can be finished before 10pm'ish CST).

I'd been hesitant of trying to run a game due to that schedule possibly interfering with some of the other D&D game schedules (not counting Rat's game, which I'm accounting for in that schedule), but my interest finally won out, I guess.

*crosses fingers*
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

I'll bite if I don't have another obligation interfering, and if I can make the game times. Ifs. <_<
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Asrana

Tentative interest.

There are a -lot- of D&D games at the moment, I guess I'd want to talk to you about what you're aiming for. >_>;

That, and I'd sort of rather stick on Sunday afternoon. Schedules are getting tighter recently.
lt;Kotono>  (Currently looks like a 16-year-old girl):I walk up to the leader and say, "Are you so sure you want our money?" and use my alter self ability to grow a massive bulge in my pants.

Merc

Okay, post to say this game is still alive (assuming there's still player interest anyhow).

I'd like to ask for players again, and posts from Dune and May if they think they're still interested.

On schedule, I have been informed at work that effective first week of January, they plan to cut back from the 50-hour week schedule my project has been on and go to a 45-hour week schedule.

This means that I get every other friday off again (yay!).

If people don't mind having the game every other week instead of weekly, then fridays are also an option for the game.

Starting time for the game would be second week of January (or third week of January if people want to play on Fridays), unless someone tells me they need it to start later.

Anastasia

I'm tentatively interested, but as I have every other Friday off as well? We should probably sit down and coordinate this so we're on the same timing page.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I did some thinking on this, but I want some GM information.

- What level are we talking about here?

- Any classes banned/not banned?

- Thematics ideas? I'd like something fun and faced paced, I think. A small group would be great for this.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

1) I was hoping to start at level 1, but willing to go higher (up to say, level 5), if you guys really want to start higher up in level.

2) Psionic classes (don't have the book, nor really wish to read it), & Tome of Magic (didn't much care for it). Otherwise, I'm fairly open to classes and variants on classes.

3) I'm still thinking on this stuff, but hey, -everyone- wants something fun, myself included. =)

I'm kinda floating between either having a world recovering from an ice age (odd patches of ice here and there still, but mostly starting to have plants and life blooming again), or stuck in a wintery environment where survival of the fittest is a must.

Corwin tossed me a book called Frostburn with stuff for wintery environments, so I'll think more on this.

Merc

While originally I'd planned to start next week, Friday 19th, I think I'm going to move the start date to two weeks later (February 2nd).

Partly because I'm going to be helping my mom with some stuff tomorrow (as well as having to shop since it's her birthday next Saturday), partly because I'm going to have a seriously lousy week next week (P&ID reviews for anybody who knows what those are and how crappy they are) and I've been informed those might drag onto friday resulting in me having to work that day (though I certainly hope not!), and partly because I haven't received any sheets yet, and I'd rather not spend my weekend planning what'd make for most fun start with your characters since I'll certainly not have time during the week and I'd rather not wing it from scratch.

Notably, I'd still like sheets/backgrounds this weekend, but any time before next sunday is just as fine, honestly.

Merc