ECB Versus Reviewer without Ethics, Part One

Started by Dracos, December 08, 2002, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Anonymous

Sweet Jesus, I loved that. It was great all the way through, but when you told him to "get back in the kitchen, bitch", I thought I sprained something laughing.

Dracos

This has Gone GOLD!  Beautiful.  It apparently was too much for K'thardin and his lackeys to take.  It struck too close to the heart and drove them screaming back in terror.  They deleted it on the board as their response...stating it was too harsh for them to handle.

It's beatiful.  I almost feel obligated to start part two right away!

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Yeah, I saw that.  I'm wondering if anything will come out of Ginrai's second post.

On a related note, I did some reading on that board.  There seems to be a good deal of resident anti Ranma sentiment there.  I wonder how much(if any) that played into the PoE review.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

tabyk

Oh my....

Holy...

I'll even throw in an "Eww!!!" for good measure.

I just read the review... and the review of the review.  After having read PoE a while ago (and loving it), and being a majority Ranma fanfic writer myself, I dearly hope that man never reads ANYTHING I've ever written.

I don't write reviews myself for a good reason... I have a hard time staying non-biased again certain elements.  After reading that review, all I can say is that I sincerly wished other people had the same common sense and restraint that I do.

o_O
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

Dracos

Truthfully, Tabyk, that was exactly my primary motivation in agreeing to select this.  If you 'hate' Ranma, you shouldn't bother reviewing works derivated from Ranma.  It's that simple.  I would never review a sports game unless it somehow completely and utterly ensnared me....and even then I probably wouldn't because I wouldn't have the knowledge base to review it properly.  To rip into Ranma and it's fandom, to use a fanfic as nothing more than a base for a rant on ubermains, is to show no respect to the author or the review you are writing.

Fearless leader
Well, Goodbye.

Jivia

amp;quot;I'm not evil, just really good at my job.&quot;

Dracos

Glad ye enjoyed it Jivia.  The next one in the series is already in the works.

Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

HE RESPONDS... Truly, a brilliant a biting retort... ::Rolls eyes:: I must now hide under my blanket of fear from his terrifying response.
<Begin Stupid>
Well, I'll go ahead and point out the obvious first off, since the reviewer obviously missed it, or never came here at all (or never even HEARD of me...usually I'm referred to as 'that @#%$ prick,' but I digress.)

I'm an opinionated person. Not at all a nice guy. And in no way a reviewer who has an objective opinion. If a couple hundred reviews, a dozen or so rants, and Lord knows what else didn't demonstrate this point, then you might want to go back and reread them, as you obviously missed it the first time.

I don't like Ranma, I hate ubermains for the most part (except in series which don't take themselves seriously,) and I really don't like the Sasami/Tenchi pairing. Generally (not always, but generally) if you do one of the above, your fic will get blasted by me.

So a lot of that counter review (if you can even call it that) was little more than a bunch of uninformed ramblings of someone who really had no idea who he was talking about.

But that wasn't what I really wanted to talk about.

When you uhh...post a link to someplace you MIGHT want to make sure the content you are trying to advertise is there...and in a place where one doesn't have to go through a registration process to access it. At the point where people have to register just to see one thing (if it's even on that forum) they'll generally just take a walk, and not worry about it.

Just a suggestion.  
<End Stupid>

Kind Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Dracos

And let it not be said, that the victorious evil, seeing opening after opening was not merciful in declaring the one shot rule.  For without it I should most certainly troll this fool to the death with ease.

*Begin ECB Response*
I love being proved right. And boy did this do it with FLYING COLORS. Truly an excellent morning laugh.

*Well, I'll go ahead and point out the obvious first off, *since the reviewer obviously missed it, or never came *here at all (or never even HEARD of me...usually I'm *referred to as 'that @#%$ prick,' but I digress.)

Oh, but you are mistaken poor K'thardin. I have heard of you. And even if I didn't, my ethics demand I do the minimal research of looking you up and studying you for a bit. So I know damn well you are an opinionated moron. Your brilliant rebuttal though leaves much to be desired...or would if I hadn't, through my study of you, come to expect such. ^^ Predictable thou are!

*If a couple hundred reviews, a dozen or so rants, and *Lord knows what else didn't demonstrate this point, *then you might want to go back and reread them, as *you obviously missed it the first time.

You know, I think you still don't get it. Somehow you think I'm actually trying to change your opinion or something. You are, most arrogantly, thinking that I truthfully CARE about any of these facts. Here, just to help you so you don't have to actually read all this boring text, as you've now shown on mulitiple occassions your inability to actually read through even a short piece of work without skimming over and seeing just what you WANT to see there ^^.

dracos.anifics.com/COR/point.jpg

*I don't like Ranma,

Really? Really?

ECB: Pardon? We might as well get this out of the way now.
ECB: "I am K'thardin the Anti-Ranma!"-K'thardin

You think I missed that in the ECB? Of course not! Far from it, it was a source of constant amusement. One who absolutely despises the main character on his own merits before even starting the fic provides such an excellent point of view to understand it from. It was laughed at and poked at several times within the ECB. But I guess you couldn't be bothered to read it.

* I hate ubermains for the most part (except in series *which don't take themselves seriously,)

That's cool and @#%$, except that by your definition of Ubermain being applied so 'freely' it's lost any meaning. If Ranma in that fic is an ubermain when pretty much every one of hundreds of characters are given plenty of screen time dedicated to their importance (even if, the story in general follows Ranma, him being well, the main character) then quite frankly any fic in which there is a main character at all qualifies for this definition. Anyhow, believe what you want. It only brings me more amusement.

* and I really don't like the Sasami/Tenchi pairing.

And this applies here how? The fic in question was a Ryoko+Ayeka/Tenchi pairing. Wow! You sound like you are trying to inform me about yourself. Why? Do you think I'm looking for incompetent recruits? I don't need your bloody resume on your biases. If I want it I can read it from the scarred corpse you call a review.

*Generally (not always, but generally) if you do one of *the above, your fic will get blasted by me.

Oooh, I can't wait. Someone quick, do an AU Tenchi fic that cameos Ranma in one scene as a background character, has Sasami as the same age as Tenchi when she first arrives, and revolves around the relationship between Tenchi and the new Sasami (paying perhaps twice or thrice as much attention to them then the other girls by writing it from Sasami's perspective). We can wait to see K'thardin rant and rave and STEAM over how utterly horrible this fic would certainly be before it is even written!

*So a lot of that counter review (if you can even call it *that) was little more than a bunch of uninformed *ramblings of someone who really had no idea who he *was talking about.

*LAUGHS* I'd use the sign again but it would probably be too much for you. Really, you did miss the point, by a large margin. Truly, you again show your inability to read through it... though, truthfully you never read it. How do I know you never read it? Because of how you worded your response, your failure to show up on my tracker, the fact you needed to head over there in the first place because your fast paced fellow mod deleted it fearing that you couldn't take the heat. So, your blustering is nothing more than the ravings of a fool, loud and boistorious...lacking any meaning. I mean, the 'counter-review' could entirely be a thousand lines saying "K'thardin is GOD!" and I could CLAIM THAT without you being able to intelligently contradict me.

*But that wasn't what I really wanted to talk about.

This shouuuuuld be good!

*When you uhh...post a link to someplace you MIGHT *want to make sure the content you are trying to *advertise is there...and in a place where one doesn't *have to go through a registration process to access it. *At the point where people have to register just to see *one thing (if it's even on that forum) they'll generally *just take a walk, and not worry about it. *LAUGHS*

It's an intelligence test K'thardin. The registration process takes less than 2 seconds to complete. It involves you punching in a user name and password and being brought right into the forum. Most do it only once as you can log on permanently. I've seen near completely computer illiterate people manage to accomplish this simple feat. So, why couldn't you? Besides that, outside of you I really didn't care if few read it or not. I got my amusement out of it. The other people who are relevent to the discussion all regularly head over to my forum to see those like you get ripped apart as I do in my idle hours. It was posted here, which should have been plenty sufficient to get to you, assuming you...are able to read what is on your own site? Whether you head over to mine is no concern of mine.

*Just a suggestion.

Heard and left without me caring. People come to my forum because they actually want to see the material. If they don't care enough or aren't smart enough to make their way to the material they want then I truthfully wish them good riddens anyways. Obviously, the hundreds who have already joined didn't find it that large a barrier to them reading what they wanted to see. Pity it was too much for your small mind to manage K'thardin.

Love, luck, and lollipops.

-Kind Fearless Leader
*End ECB Response*

RAWR!
Kind Fearless Leader
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

I wish SR had that rolling on the floor laughing smiley I used on K'Thardin's board, it's so needed right now.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

thepanda

I hear you. The funny never ends with this guy.

I can't wait until part 2 comes out. ^_^

Jivia

I've never seen anyone so stupid.  No amount of paint-chips or falling on his head could explain that amount of stupidity.
amp;quot;I'm not evil, just really good at my job.&quot;

Edward

K'thadin has deleted his reply to Dracos, Dracos' response, and all other negative responses except Ginrai's and Jivia's.

Then he added two more posts trying to justify himself.

Truely pathetic.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Edward

Sorry, I hit post too soon.  Lack of sleep and Christmas in retail are my excuses.

K'Thardin didn't delete his origonal reply to Dracos.  It's still there, showing how clueless K'Thardin is.  The rest of my previous message is accurate, though.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack