ECB Versus Reviewer without Ethics, Part One

Started by Dracos, December 08, 2002, 07:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

By the same token, I'd like to save my rebuttal to K'Thardin. Jivia, perhaps you should save your posts as well?

Well, I must say that I'm not surprised. I was hoping you'd have the balls to stand up and answer the posts, but instead I wake up to see that you deleted them. I won't go to the effort of calling you a sniveling coward, as your actions have branded you as one far more effectively than any word of mine could.

You know, despite how profoundly fucked up your PoE commentary was, I respected you.  From what I had read on this board, you seemed like a decent, intelligent fellow. I felt you were misguided in one case, but not the normal idiocy laced garbage that populates vast sections of the internet.  You have done a wonderful job in this topic of changing my mind.

I'm sorry, I mistook you for something that didn't suck. - Ladegard

Why, one wonders if they are the same person, and are only doing this to make it look like more people are on his side.

Now, I'm not one hundred percent sure about what exact powers a Administrator has on his EZ board, but IP addresses that posts come from are a rather common power.  Also, that is a real nifty way to dispel any questions about that.

But hell, let's say that IP addresses aren't available to dispel any confusion. There is still something that should scream that all the people here are different, the writing styles used. It's like a fingerprint left around, and each poster's here is unique. That is more than sufficent evidence to logically eliminate the possiblity of one vengeful person out to get you.

Regardless of that, the fact that the accusation was made in the first place is saddening. To his attackers, K'Thardin spoke: "Bullies! You're just one mean guy in four sets of clothes!"

The previous posts have been deleted because again, the posters could not refrain from outright attacking myself in a place they have no power to do so.

Uh huh. Why not just admit you got your balls ripped off and stuffed down your throat instead? Is a psudeo power trip the only way you can hope to defend yourself, K'Thardin? Sure, the guise of deleting them for being 'offensive' may cut mustard with your toadies, but reality knows better; it knows your cowardice.

Now I don't mind actually debating with you, if that is indeed what you want. Yet you have twice now demonstrated a complete lack of civility on my board.

For some reason, that damned Golden Rule keeps popping into my head.  Do unto others as you would do unto you, I believe it is. It is absurd to expect civility when your actions when and pissed on the face of a great author. I really don't think you want to debate with us, at any rate. It's clear that we are in the right, and deleting posts under the guise of 'civility' is the only way to preserve your ego.

And yes, I feel we were more than civil.

I have no desire to converse or even try to justify myself (not that I owe you or anyone else justification) to a person (and possibly others...or are they the same person?) whose only goal seems to be to attack me outright.

Again with the shallow and weak conspiracy accusations. But, let's ignore that blathering, it's already been debunked. Now, when you submit an opinion to the reading world at large, it is only logical to expect that someone will disagree with it. Yes, you could say that you feel no need to defend it while people turn it into cat litter. You have shown that superbly. Yes, you can claim that it's just a scary, one person conspiracy to pick on you.

It proves that your a raving, gutless idiot, but hey. It's your right to do so.  

I understand, you find me a disreputable sort. In fact, you might even despise me to the point of praying for my slow death.

Heh, you wish.  I pity your weakness and blatantly displayed fear. But despise you? Ha. I merely pity fools.

Everyone who has read your post understands that, if nothing else...assuming they could understand your 'counter review' as it contained various points that completely contridict itself or were outright falsehoods within the context presented, but I guess I'm digressing again.

About the ECB.  Now, if you actually commented on some of these alleged contradictions, your words might hold weight. Instead, you hint at errors while doing nothing to back up the claim. I think Kind Fearless Leader is correct in his assessment that you have not even bothered to read the ECB.  You are doing your damnest to sneer at it while showing no evidence you have read it.  Funny, really, strawman.

I'll give you one last shot, since you seem to have some kind of real grievance here, and I can respect that...if nothing else. If you outright attack me again, as I suspect you will, I'll ban you.

MOMMY! Get rid of the mean old boys! I can't defend myself against logic and truth! WAHHHH! - K'Thardin.

After that, I'll probably never think of you again...not that you ever held more than a fleeting place in my thoughts.

Back to denial...Lovely state for you to be in.  And I'm sure we all just weep that we aren't in your wretched thoughs, K'Thardin.

I'll leave the second post for the people it was addressed to, I should share the wealth of idiot slaying, after all. :)

Oh, and when your finger hovers over the delete post option, K'Thardin, just take a moment to drink in your bloody cowardice.  I'm sure you won't have the balls to do anything to say to this except to bitch and moan about how I'm flaming you.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Jivia

Here's my first post(with civility):

Rather than enjoy a given fic for it's merits and actually reading the fic in question, as a reviewer, you defame it unabashedly.

You're not a nice guy? Neither am I, but that's hardly the point.  I suppose no one has informed you of a little thing that's somewhat necessary to have when you review material: ethics...well Dracos tried to, but you seemed to have ignored such messages and one could hardly call him subtle.

You see, despite you're small sphere of influence(I use this term loosely), you still affect the opinions of many people. You taint them. With a subjective review, they are given what you BELIEVE rather than what you READ. You give them something that is unpure, diluted, and downright disgusting. Chewing it unendingly then presenting the regurgitated mass as a review is hardly fair to the author of the piece of fiction.

You repeatedly state that you hate Ranma...well, if you detest the character so much, why review a x-over with said character included?  State to me, on no uncertain terms, why you MUST read a piece of fiction involving Ranma, much less, review it? So you can narrow an already small audience of a budding author? In any case, stay as you are if you wish.  Respect is over-rated, afterall.

Here's my 2nd post(no civility):

"I almost deleted your post. But, you have one or two points I feel the need to address."

I was hardly uncivil and there was no instance of personal attack in said post. So, on that note, I shall try one more time and because of you're questionable and flexible views on civility, I shall refrain from being civil myself.

"You seem to think I have any control over what people believe. I do not. People choose to believe what they want. If they agree with me, well, they agree with me. But I don't force them too. If they don't agree with me, then more power to them. Welcome to the United States of America. Land where you CAN disagree with everyone else, and be just as equal as they are."

What does this have to do with ethics?! Are you so dense that one has to repeatedly slam you into the point? Again, your actions do affect a small sphere. Ignorance breeds ignorance, as they say. A fanfiction author has an already small audience without you narrowing it futher.

"If you want an unbiased review, YOU @#%$ WRITE IT!"

Do you actually read and/or review your thoughts and statements? That is one of the most ignorant statements I've read. Yes, I could write a review, but I'm not egocentric enough to really care to. Why? I don't crave attention, I don't crave the adulation of the misinformed and unwashed masses, and I most certainly don't have the free time to invest in such an endeavor, especially just to rebutt your smut.

"Don't come crying to me because I'm not doing something you like...I don't care about what you think I should be doing."

Crying?! HAHA!!! I wasn't crying, I was trying to enlighten you, you ignorant sod. Pardon me for ignoring all facts clearly showing that you LIKE being insipid and shallow.

"As for the rest, I suppose I could answer you. However, you seem to be under the misconception that I somehow OWE you an explanation. I owe who I feel I owe...and you're just not one of them. So I'm not going to give you one."

Look over there, that's the point...but guess what?! You are no where near it! I was trying to get you to THINK, something you don't seem to like to do. What's the point of reading something you know you don't like? Dogs have more sense than that, as Pavlov has shown. I knew the why, you like the attention your rants present before you...I was merely giving you the benefit of the doubt, hoping that you aren't on of the unwashed masses...I was wrong. Go back to your fantasy world, little boy...Respect AND intelligence are over-rated, afterall.
amp;quot;I'm not evil, just really good at my job.&quot;

Anastasia

I was looking for this, but I couldn't find it until I drudged it up in my active posts. I noticed a few topics like that. Is it a side effect of all the server shenanigans?

Anyhow, K'Thardin's review page is down for renovations. Might be interesting to see the updated product.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.