News:

You have made a powerful enemy today, stop sign.

Main Menu

House Rules

Started by Carthrat, February 06, 2007, 08:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

1) You can take any number of specialities for an ability you want, but you'll never get to add more than 3 bonus dice to any one roll.

2) Reflex Sidestep Technique: The rules are unclear, so I'll say it- you can use any dodge charm for free in the same tick you use this charm (though you can't use other reflexives until your DV refreshes, as usual.

3) You *can* choose to *not* invoke Surprise Anticipation Method in response to a surprise attack. If you use it when out of combat time, you can still use reflexive charms to dodge the attack.

4) You can't use Tiger-Warrior Training Technique on a fellow PC to boost their stats for free. You CAN use Tiger-Warrior Training Technique to sharply reduce training times. The same thing goes for the Lore equivalent.

5) You can use Occult Excellencies when casting offensive (or other) spells to boost your attack pool. Essence Impeded my FOOT, you can actually have a chance of hitting people with the goddamned flying guillotine.

6) If your motivation is terribly open-ended or long-term, you can still qualify for the training-timeless essence boost if you do something suitably major. You should note this will probably coincide with the end of a long plot hook, at which point you'll likely get +10 XP at once or something. Think big, then a step bigger- conquering the entire hundred kingdoms (and great forks) might land you +essence, or converting the Mouth of Peace herself. Since Essence isn't likely to go beyond 5 this game and it takes *4 months of not doing anything useful* to get to 4, this is more useful than it seems. Never mind the months (years?) already spend acquiring the essence.

7) Combo don't require training time. In fact, you can use banked XP to spam out a new combo on the spot. Yes! You've finally mastered your secret technique!

8) You can 'update' combos as well. You have to pay the difference in XP cost between your present combo and the one you're wanting to end up with. You do have to pay a 1xp surcharge on this, however- and if you update it with a supplemental charm, from then on, you must always use it.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Carthrat

Rezantis

(7) Spell Shattering Palm is incredibly dumb.
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Carthrat

That's a real rule, it's in the storytellers handbook.