News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Downtime/away thread!

Started by Anastasia, February 26, 2007, 04:41:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Not going to GM tomorrow. Long story short, I need a day off.

Short story long, I had a really draining day at work and a lot of RL stuff went down, so I'm overstressed and wiped. I need a day of doing nothing in particular to recharge my batteries. Normal gaming should resume Thursday barring something completely beyond the pale.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

I may not be here tomorrow due to family stuff. I won't know for sure until the morning, but... Yep,  the long shot happened. Argh.

It's actually not a bad thing, I'm just obligated to go the movies with my Dad around noon or so. I probably won't get home until 3 in that event, which kills gaming.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

I might be late tomorrow. I'll post more tomorrow from work.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

On that note, I may be gone Monday, too. Have to buy a new keyboard; I can put it off a day or two if we're going to game tomorrow and do it if not.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

May be late/not here tomorrow due to personal reasons.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Upside: I finally woke up and I feel good again. Coherency is awesome. It's a heckuva story involving the best Cherry Coke I've ever had, thunderous flatulence and one very bored break time.

Downside: I might be late tomorrow or have to leave for a bit around 3-4 PM EST. I have to go to the bank and also pick up a book I promised someone that I'd buy in lieu of paying back some money I owed them.

Variance: Pixies.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Vanished today due to a power outage. Putting this here so I don't have to repeat myself a few times tomorrow.
<Afina> Forever.

Taishyr

Okay.

Just to demonstrate how much time I've really got left:

I'm going to be at least an hour late both Thursday the 9th and Friday the 10th; two lunch dates, one with my grandmother and one with two people I went to high school with that are now engaged.

It's possible Friday may be a complete no-show for me. Tomorrow I will show up early, so if you want to do a bit before I go we can probably crack out an hour, hour-half before that and some after.

Sunday the 12th may be completely out, may not. I really have no clue there.

Sunday the 19th and Wednesday the 22nd I will not even be on.

Tuesday the 21st depends on the 19th; if everything goes swimmingly I'll be present and ready to wrap my stuff up, otherwise it needs to get finished on the 20th.

These are all the absences I know of; there's the possibility of another one or two occurring next week, but I'll have at least a day's warning.

In conclusion: Arghpanicpanicpanic~

Taishyr

Argh. Hate to do this, but...

There's been a death (my great-aunt, my dad's aunt), and my dad's going to be helping handle part of it. I can pretty much assure that tomorrow's out, and Wednesday may be; I'll need to wait and see, but it's seeming likely.

Dune, I'll try and get on as often as I can; it'll be irritating to do this in fragments and yet it'll also likely be the fastest way. I'll have internet access where I'm going for the funeral, but it won't be really consistent (enough to jump on, do stuff for thirty minutes max, jet). So.

Anastasia

Quote from: "Taishyr"Argh. Hate to do this, but...

There's been a death (my great-aunt, my dad's aunt), and my dad's going to be helping handle part of it. I can pretty much assure that tomorrow's out, and Wednesday may be; I'll need to wait and see, but it's seeming likely.

Dune, I'll try and get on as often as I can; it'll be irritating to do this in fragments and yet it'll also likely be the fastest way. I'll have internet access where I'm going for the funeral, but it won't be really consistent (enough to jump on, do stuff for thirty minutes max, jet). So.

In that case I think I may be away tomorrow. If Tai's going to miss I don't want to move things too much more; it's the perfect day for me to do other things if so. I'll probably keep an eye on the computer if so, however.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I may be late an hour tomorrow. This doesn't matter much with S/S, but just throwing it out there.
<Afina> Forever.

Taishyr

Next week, our usual times Friday/Saturday, I'll be ready to get rolling again.

In the meantime, I'll finish updating my sheet, Dune.

This of course presumes everyone else is willing/ready. >_>;

Taishyr

My anger knows no bounds.

Windows decided it wouldn't even load today, no matter what I did to it.

I'm going to request we meet Saturday still, but I can't see being ready for today (Friday)'s meet.

My sincere apologies, but Windows has gone too far.

*prepares the exorcism CD*

Corwin

Heh! Run setup and then choose to repair your Win installation? Shouldn't take more than 40 minutes before it's working again. Or on fire. But the fire rarely happens!
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Okay, good look either way.
<Afina> Forever.