Spirits in the Material World

Started by Brian, April 28, 2007, 04:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bjorn

"It is agreed," Bjorn replies, this time in English again, "and for your forebearance, I thank you, o Spirit.  With our bargain struck, I take your leave, unless there is more that you would ask of me."

Brian

"The deal is done," the spirit agrees, before vanishing.

"Well," Captain Vega says.  "If that's that, we've got to get to work.  You'd best hang on tightly."  Then he begins barking orders to his crew -- almost too fast to follow.

The mirror-and-lens assembly sweeps across the front of the bridge, panning out across the forest, while the men begin snapping orders to one-another and into their speaking tubes.  The ship begins to shift, sinking noticeably as it comes about.  A high-pitched whine begins to sound from somewhere deep in the ship.

Hugo is staring intently at the moving lenses, eyes flicking between them as they flash about seemingly at random.  The colonel seems equally interested, though they both stay firmly in their seats.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

Bjorn stays quiet, and out of the way, but adds another thought to Philip: Big damn starship headed your way.  Ought to be pretty dramatic.  Heads towards it when you can.

Brian

The ship shifts about, and the orders reach a rising tempo.  Very swiftly, the Starflare comes to a halt a short distance above the hilltop.  Beams of energy sweep out and level a section of the forest large enough to provide a landing spot.  Further beams shoot out and -- if the mirror/lens arangements are accurate -- obliterate all of the Templar Guildsmen and priests running around the forest.  Including whoever started the fire.

After that, Captain Vega barks some orders to the men on the hill to prepare to board, then brings the ship about over the blasted area to lower the ramp.  The colonel climbs to his feet and says, "I do believe I should greet our guests."

"Don't go alone," Captain Vega says without a backwards glance.

The colonel nods and motions Bjorn and Din to follow.  Din dazedly does so, his eyes very large at the weaponry the Anabarans have on the ship.  "The sky-lords are mighty," he whispers to Bjorn.  "Their spears would win any war!"

Bjorn now moves to Uphill Battle.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~