The Good Ship "Waking Dream"

Started by Ebiris, July 29, 2007, 03:28:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebiris

Notable Crew Members/Passengers

Marjorie Lohngram - Neutral Good Human Sorcerer 9
Amarysa Lohngram - True Neutral Human Enchantress 9
Virgil Lohngram - True Neutral Human Expert 5

Marjorie's family doesn't really know much about sailing, but two of them are powerful spellcasters, while the third is fairly knowledgable on a wide variety of subjects. Marjorie is eager to help in any capacity she can while on board, while her parents are less inclined to do much to aid in the running of the ship besides cast a few spells as and when needed.

The family do not require any recompense besides your assistance in dealing with their Drow problem, but may request a share of treasure when taken on adventures or pressed into defending the ship from pirates.

Katrina Valiele - Chaotic Neutral Half-Elf Evoker 4
Henrietta Valielle - True Neutral Half-Elf Illusionist 4

Alveria's two apprentices are likewise ignorant of the sea, but both profess to being fully trained chefs, and are willing to at least do some cooking to earn their keep inbetween receiving lessons in Wild Magic.

All they ask is Alveria's tutelage and the odd spell scroll.

Kiln Ignatius - Chaotic Good Fire Genasai Cleric 5

The ship's resident cleric of Lathandar has made an effort to learn about nautical matters in preparation for the journey, but will mostly concern himself with seeing to the spiritual and physical wellbeing of the crew.

As he serves at Lathander's behest, no compensation is required.

Gorkam - Chaotic Neutral Orc Monk 2/Barbarian 2
Grumdul - True Neutral Orc Monk 2/Barbarian 2
Lograk - True Neutral Orc Monk 2/Barbarian 2
Mapesta - Neutral Evil Orc Monk 2/Barbarian 2
Indna - Chaotic Evil Orc Bard 3

Gourash's elite orc assault squad all look like they've never even seen the sea, before. Efforts to get them to do any work aboard ship are likely to be met with surly recalcitrance and insistent demands that they kill something. Soon. Indna does seem to enjoy 'inspiring' the rest of the crew with Orcish war songs, if nothing else.

They don't care much about receiving a regular salary, but will insist on getting a share of booty from all the ships you terrorise upon the journey.

Keylin's Very Kind People - Various low level Commoners and Experts.

These hearty souls do most of the day to day running of the ship. I'm going with the assumption that you're getting the cheapest crew available, so you can replace them with proper manly dudes in Mulhorand. Let me know if I'm wrong.

Paying for all of them for the journey to Mulhorand will cost 1,400gp.

Let me know if you want to hire gunners for the outgoing journey, as they'll need to be added seperately.

Carthrat

I think we need to hire a decent crew to make up for our total lack of any shipwise PCs. Unless Keylin sunk a bunch of points into sailing when she leveled up?

Well, I'll do it when I scrape together another few hundred points.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Ebiris

I made a slight mistake, since I was working out as if the cost was daily, not weekly for the crew.

For the journey to Mulhorand, expect to pay the following:

280gp for scrubs
620gp for regular crew with decent officers
1,700gp for elite crew

Let me know if you want gunners. As a rough guide, expect to pay the following based on attack mod (before weapon modifiers) to man all weapons:
+4 to hit : 235gp
+6 to hit : 530gp
+9 to hit : 1,500gp

Carthrat

Huh.

I think we can afford getting the best we can afford. 3,200gp for that. We can afford it- I have a lot of gold that I'm just saving up to get the rod of wonder with later, so we have the cash in hand (though I obviously expect us to split it up between us.)
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

I'm willing (and now have money again, yay) to pay a share for the best.

Of course, being a bloodthirsty orc, I expect we are going to raid something on our way.  It doesn't even have to be a bad something.  We can totally raid something good too.  Equal opportunity privateering.  Pirates, Ghouls, Helpless Villagers.  Its all good =D

Dracos
Nobody ever plays true neutral.
Well, Goodbye.