News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

House Rules!

Started by Smarmy Lil' Goblin, December 13, 2007, 12:46:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smarmy Lil' Goblin

Well, as you may have surmised from this thread's title, these are the house rules for I Am Legend, my hybridized game that employs both Monte Cook's World of Darkness and Modern20.  For those of you wondering, Monte Cook's World of Darkness (or McWoD for ease of reference) is the first (and most likely last) official d20 version of White Wolf's World of Darkness, and is by far one of the best d20 systems I've seen (especially in regards to the magic system).  Modern20 is a third party supplement by RPG Objects, and simply put, is a fantastic revamping of d20 Modern that features cleaner mechanics, better skills, and flexible class schemes (minus the cutsey class names).  I liked both games so much, I've decided to incorporate elements of both into one system: the supernatural characters and magic system of McWoD with the classes and mechanics of Modern20. Hopefully it'll all turn out well.  Both the pdfs of McWoD and Modern20 I have are far to large to post up on Soulriders, so you'll have to contact me about gettin your hands on both.

And now, here's the house rules on the McWoD scale of things:

* Werewolves gain 1 Essence for eating the heart of a freshly killed animal, and 2 Essence from the heart of a freshly killed human.

* Werewolves have one extra form - Hominid: The Hominid form closely resembled a werewolf's human form, but with prominent differences that mark the werewolf as something other than human. When she assumes Hominid form, the werewolf adds four to six inches in height and approximately 25-50 pounds of muscle mass to the Hominid form's size. Body hair thickens and facial hair becomes prominent (noticeable even on women). Facial features become angular and lupine, and the werewolf exhibits subtle wolf-like behavior. She might bare her teeth when she's angry or aggressive, or pant slightly when excited, or cower before her pack's "alpha." Fingernails elongate, as do canine teeth; granting the werewolf a claw attack that deals 1d4 points + the werewolf's Strength modifier in slashing damage and a single bite attack that that inflicts 1d3 + the werewolf's Strength modifier in piercing damage. Werewolves in Hominid form benefit form a +5 bonus to their base speed as well as a +2 bonus to all Listen, Search, and Spot checks. Lastly, werewolves in hominid form gain the benefit of low light vision.

* Vampires have the following additional weaknesses:

- Fire Vulnerability: One of the lesser known, and perhaps most usual, weakness common to vampires is their acute vulnerability to the touch of fire. Vampires take double damage from fire based attacks, to a maximum of five points of extra damage. For example, if someone throws an incendiary grenade at a vampire for 12 points of damage, he takes an additional five points of damage on top of the eight from the grenade. If the grenade only dealt three points of damage, the vampire takes only an extra three points of damage.

- Stakes: On a critical hit (and critical hit only) with a stake or any stake like weapon will render a vampire indefinitely stunned, until the stake is removed or the vampire dies, whichever comes first.

• The Saving Throws for the Nightmare Disciplines are Wisdom based.

• Celerity grants a +2 bonus to defense and reflex per discipline taken, not +4. Daeva or Mekhet gain a +3 bonus to defense and reflex per discipline taken, not +6. This bonus also applies to tumble skill checks. If a vampire spends a point of vitae on celerity while rolling their initiative check, a vampire may also add their celerity bonus to their initiative check.

• Vampire's who choose the Mekhet clan no longer suffer a -2 to charisma. Instead, Mekhet vampires who spend a round in the sun suffer 6 points of constitution damage instead of 4 points of constitution damage, and can take up to 10 points of damage from their fire vulnerability (instead of 5 extra points).

• The Savage Might werewolf rite grants a +5 to Strength per point of essence spent, not +10.

• When a demon uses the Murderous Recharge pact, it gains a number of Anima equal to the amount of Anima spent on the pact that killed the demons victim +1.

• A demon's Corrupting Lash requires a ranged touch attack, not a melee touch attack. Corrupting Lash has a range of 30 feet.

• Demon's regain a point of anima when lingering over a corpse by making a Willpower saving throw DC 20, not rolling a natural 20.

• All demon's have the following ability:

Augment the Matrix
A demon can use Anima to temporarily further boost one of the two ability scores it chooses to gain its +2 ability bonus in during any given day. Each point of Anima grants it a +4 enhancement bonus to one or both of these two abilities for one minute. This use causes no apparent physical change in the demon's body.
Unlike most enhancement bonuses, this bonus stacks with itself as long as you spend all the Anima in the same round. Multiple uses of the same ability over a course of multiple rounds has no effect, but if you spend three Anima in one round you gain a +12 enhancement bonus to the chosen ability.
Increasing your Intelligence does not grant you extra skill points. Increasing your Constitution increases your hit points; these extra hit points go away when the ability expires, which may drop you to 0 hit points or bellow (you do not lose them first like temporary hit points).

• Demon's must choose both a Craving and a Bane.

*I've made some thematic changes to the 5 mage Paths out of my setting needs and personal tastes. In Legend, magic is a purely otherworldly force and has little to no connection to the occult practices of humanity nor is it tied to any manner of "higher being." Instead of 5 Paths, there are 5 Resonances, which aspects of magic and the universe their souls most resonate with, hence the name. Like Paths, Resonance determines what particular areas of magic a mage is good at, gives them a unique aura, and to a very VERY limited, extremely subtle extent, affects their personalities and drives. My mages are free to tie whatever effects their Resonance has on them as well as what occult practices or beliefs they wish to their magic, though belief only aids in the comprehension of magic and is NOT it's true source (it is possible to play a mage with no occult beliefs at all). The Resonances and the Paths they replace are:

Quote- Dynamic: (Warlock)
- Entropic: (Necromancer)
- Patterned: (Theurgist)
- Primordial: (Shaman)
- Oracular: (Enchanter)

* Path dependant Gnosis will be altered so that they fit the theme of Resonance.

* All spells require only Word and Thought to cast; I'm completely removing the need to make some manner of gesture as a vital part of spellcasting (and the Still Spell Metaspell component by extension).

QuoteNew Gnosis

GOOD DEATH
Your conviction in the philosophy of the "Good Death" grants you great power whenever you use your magic to kill.
Prerequisite: Mage Level 6
Benefit: Every time you kill a sentient being with magic you gain five components and a +2 morale bonus on all rolls (attack rolls, saving throws, skill checks, spellcasting checks, and ability checks) for 1 minute, after which the bonuses vanish. You can only benefit from this Gnosis a number of times per day equal to your Intelligence modifier.

STRAIN TOLERANCE
Your body has become partially inured to the strain of spellcasting
Prerequisite: Mage Level 4
Benefit: You can ignore a total of 10 plus your Intelligence modifier points of strain per day.  You take strain as normal once you exceed your limit

SPELL POTENCY
Your magic is especially strong and difficult to overcome.
Prerequisite: Mage Level 2
Benefit: You receive a +2 bonus to your spell's save DC.

New Rites

DONNING THE SPIRIT SKIN
You can "absorb" your clothes and any small objects you are carrying into your being when you transform.
Benefit: Whenever you assume Beast or Hybrid form, your clothing and any small objects on your person is transformed into ephemeral "spirit matter" that hangs about your being in a nebulous aura for as long as you remain transformed.  When you revert to your human or Hominid form, any objects affected by this rite will reform in their proper place unharmed and no worse for the wear. 
Action: None
Cost: 0 Essence
Duration: For as long as you remain transformed.

More custom feats will be added as the game progresses.  Now, on to the Modern20 side of things:

* The "Star" core class has a Base Attack Bonus equal to 3/4ths their total character level (as with the Brainac, Empath, Speedfreak, and Tank classes).

Skill Revisions:

* The "Tumble" option under the Acrobatics skill no longer requires a Perk to use.

* Whenever you take ranks in the "Academics" skill, you may take 4 fields of specialization (chosen from the following list) instead of just one.  You may choose 4 more areas of knowledge by using Perks or taking this skill a second time.  The knowledge categories are:

QuoteArt: Fine arts and graphic arts, including art history and artistic techniques. Antiques, modern art, photography, and performance art forms such as music and dance, among others.
Behavioral Sciences: Psychology, sociology, and criminology.
Business: Business procedures, investment strategies, and corporate structures. Bureaucratic procedures and how to navigate them.
Civics: Law, legislation, litigation, and legal rights and obligations. Political and governmental institutions and processes.
Current Events: Recent happenings in the news, sports, politics, entertainment, and foreign affairs.
Earth and Life Sciences: Biology, botany, genetics, geology, and paleontology. Medicine and forensics.
Occult: The occult (obviously), magic, supernatural creatures/abilities, astrology, numerology, ancient mysteries, leylines, the secret history (this applies only to supernatural characters), conspiracy theories, arcane symbols, cryptic phrases and similar topics.
History: Events, personalities, and cultures of the past. Archaeology and antiquities.
Physical Sciences: Astronomy, chemistry, mathematics, physics, and engineering.
Popular Culture: Popular music and personalities, genre films and books, urban legends, comics, science fiction, and gaming, among others.
Streetwise: Street and urban culture, local underworld personalities and events.
Tactics: Techniques and strategies for disposing and maneuvering forces in combat.
Technology: Current developments in cutting-edge devices, as well as the background necessary to identify various technological devices.
Theology and Philosophy: Liberal arts, ethics, philosophical concepts, and the study of religious faith, practice, and experience.

Furthermore, the "Research" option may be used to uncover any information and knowledges the character does not specialize in (provided they have access to the proper material).  Research functions as follows:

Check: Researching a topic takes time, skill, and some luck. The GM determines how obscure a particular topic is (the more obscure, the higher the DC) and what kind of information might be available depending on where the character is conducting his or her research.
Information ranges from general to protected. Given enough time (usually 1d4 hours) and a successful skill check, the character gets a general idea about a given topic. This assumes that no obvious reasons exist why such information would be unavailable, and that the character has a way to acquire restricted or protected information.
The higher the check result, the better and more complete the information. If the character wants to discover a specific fact, date, map, or similar bit of information, add +5 to +15 to the DC.
Try Again?: Yes.
Special: A character can take 10 or take 20 on a Research check.
Computers can provide a +2 synergy bonus on a Research check when searching computer records for data (see Skill Synergy).  Using a computer cuts research time in half.  Using the Research option does not require a Perk.
Time: A Research check takes 1d4 hours.

* Whenever you take ranks in the Art skill, you may choose two art forms to specalize in without blowing a Perk.

* Likewise, you may choose 2 uses of chemistry without perks when you take ranks in the Chemistry skill (starting to see a pattern yet? :P). 

* The "Computer Engineering" and "Cracking" options under the Computers skill are available without Perks.

* The "Disguise," "Forgery," and "Security Systems/Procedures" options under the Crime skill may be used without perks.

* You may choose one area of specialization in the "Engineering" skill free of a Perk.

* The "Gather Information" option is now available to anyone with ranks in the "Influence" skill.

* Finally, I'm removing the "Magic" skill and replacing it with "Gramarye"

QuoteGramarye
Int; Trained Only
You have an understanding of the arcane arts, including the ability to cast spells (Mage characters only).
Occult Lore: This skill use represents knowledge of the occult and arcane lore. When answering a question about the occult you act as if you possess the Academics skill with the Occult specialization.
Magecraft: Use this skill to cast spells (mage characters only), identify spells as they are cast or identify spells already in place.  The DCs for Magecraft checks relating to various tasks are summarized on the following table. 
Action: Varies, as noted below
Try Again: See below.
Synergy: If you have 5 or more ranks in Academics with a specialization in Occult, you receive a +2 bonus on Gramarye checks.  In addition, certain spells allow you to gain information about magic, provided that you make a successful Gramarye check as detailed in the spell description. 
Special: Mage characters may choose to modify Gramarye checks with either their Wisdom or Charisma modifier (see the entry on Mages for further details).

Gramarye DC

0 + Component cost + Exhaustion Rating (Mage Only): Cast a spell.  See Chapter 5: Magic for more details.

10: Identify a single component in a spell being cast.  For every 5 points by which you beat the DC, you identify another component, and for every 0 points by which you exceed the DC, you identify a specific effect of a component.  For example, if you scored a 25 on your Gramarye check, you identify up to four components (Such as Control, Metaspell, and two Damage components) and one specific effect of these (such as knowing that the Illusion component is creating an effigy of a creature up to Large size).  The specific components and effects you determine are random.  Note that Area, Duration, and Range do not account as components for this use of Gramarye.  No action required.  No retry.

10 + component cost: After rolling a saving throw against a spell targeted on you, determine every component in that spell (but not their specific effects).  No action required.  No retry.

20: Locate and recognoize a sympathetic conduit for spellcasting.  See Chapter 5: Magic, "Spells," Spell Range, for more information.

20: Identify a single component in a spell already in place.  For every 5 points by which you beat the DC you identify another component and by every 10 points, you identify a specific effect just as with identifying a spell as it is being cast.  You must be able to see or detect the spell's effects.  No action required.  No retry. 

25: Identify materials created or shaped by magic.  No action required.  No retry. 

25: Identify a person, object, place, or anything else as being infused with magic, such as a mage, an enchanted wand, Nexus, etc.

Alright, just one more batch of House Rules!

Character Creation:

Ability Scores
I Am Legend uses the Point Buy meathod for generating ability scores.  Starting characters have 35 points with which to purchase their attributes.  This results in characters well above average, but not superhuman in their own right.

Bio/BackGround and FAQ
When a short character Bio (see the various NPC Bios for examples) and background (approximately 1 typewritten page would be sufficient) has been delivered to the GM (preferably in digital format), the player may select one reward from the following list:

One bonus Feat
Four Skill points
One Attribute point
750 XP

I'm not asking for prize winning material here, but I would like to see a brief write up on your character's appearance, personality, and background as bare minimums. After the character has been played in at least three game sessions, this reward becomes available once again. This time, a Character FAQ must be written in order to receive the bonus. For a sample FAQ, consult the GM.

The "Three-Session" Rule
All revisions require GM approval. However, for the first three sessions that a character is played in, there is a grace period in which the player is encouraged to tinker. This is to make sure the character in play actually matches the idea the player had for it. The fourth session in which the character is played, it becomes official. The GM may approve further changes, but keep in mind the grace period is over (e.g., don't hold your breath).

Experience Points:

I'm using a fairly abstract Experience Point reward system (i.e. you all level up when ever I feel like you've played through enough sessions).  However, I will award bonus experience for:

Avoiding Unnecessary Violence
Chutzpah
Clever Ideas and Plans
Deductive Reasoning or Insight
Encouraging Others to Role Play
Role Playing; Character and Story Development
Self Sacrifice
Skill Use

Experience points earned may also be augmented by what I call the Player Participation Bonus. By filling out a Mission Debriefing or Status Report (e.g., adventure journal), you may earn an additional 50 xp per character level per session chronicled.

Character Advancement

There are two signifigant changes to character advancement:

1.) Characters automatically receive maximum Hit Points for their first TWO character levels.

2.) Permanent attribute adjustments to Intelligence have a retroactive effect on skill points.

On a final note, I am not going to use the Alignment/Allegiance system in my game; it's up to you to determine your character's moral outlook on like.  All I ask is that you don't make any characters that are so evil they eat babies, piss acid, and cause nuns to spontaniously combust whenever they pass them in the street.  Also, keep in mind that there are a LOT of grey areas about in supernatural life, so keep an open mind.  Now, on to part two!!!
elieve in the magic of reading...or I'll @#$%ing kill you!!!!!

Smarmy Lil' Goblin

Alright, as I stated earlier, I'm using the class scheme of Modern20 as I feel it offers players more creative freedom with their character.  Thus, I have converted the "racial classes" as described in McWoD into templates that may be applied to your character at 1st level.  Once chosen, you may NOT change your template type (nor can outside forces change it in game).  The Template Types are as follows (Note: for detailed information on each, consult the "Secret History" thread, which I should have up some time tonight or tomorrow):

AWAKENED
Estimated Awakened per Capita: 1 awakened for every 10,000 humans (600,000 total).
Type: Human (awakened)
Ability Modifier: An Awakened receives a +2 bonus to any one ability score of their choice at character creation and may not change the selected ability score thereafter.  If you choose Intelligence, you gain additional skill points.
Extra Feat: Awakened begin play with one additional feat.
Human Spirit: An Awakened automatically gains a Humanity point at first level and each level thereafter.
Extra Skills: Awakened receive four bonus skill points at 1st level and one additional skill point each level after.

Special Abilities:
- Skill Focus: At 2nd level, an Awakened receives a +3 bonus to any single skill of his choice.  An Awakened may apply this bonus to a second skill of his choice at 6th level, a third skill at 11th level, and a final fourth skill at 16th level.

- Stalwart Dedication: At 3rd level, the Awakened gains incredible determination.  By focusing his mind (a standard action) and making a DC 15 Concentration check, an Awakened can give himself a +1 morale bonus on attacks, saves, and skill/ability checks for one minute.  He can use this ability as often as he likes.

- Defender's Mindset: At 5th level, whenever an Awakened chooses to fight defensively, he gains an additional +2 dodge bonus to Defense and a +2 bonus on all saves.  These bonuses last until the Awakened's next turn.

- Sense Leyline: At 8th level, an Awakened can sense the proximity of a Leyline and objects imbued with supernal power.  He doesn't need to actively search for them; an Awakened who passes within 100 feet of such a site or object can make a DC 20 Search check to sense its presence, which manifests as an eerie feeling, a prickling on the neck, and so on.  He can actively make Search checks at that DC to precisely locate the feeling's source.

- Skill Mastery: At 13th level, the Awakened becomes so certain in the use of certain skills that he can use them reliably even under adverse conditions.  Upon gaining this ability, he selects a number of skills equal to 3 + his Intelligence modifier.  When making a skill check with one of those skills, he may take 10 even if stress and distractions would normally prevent him from doing so.

- Force of Will: At 19th level, the Awakened's phenomenal will makes the impossible possible.  Once per day, he can add +20 on any d20 roll.  He must declare he is using this ability before he makes the roll.

Smarmy Lil' Goblin

DEMON
Estimated Demon per Capita: 1 demon per 500,000 humans (12,000 total)
Type: Outsider (native)
Ability Modifiers: Demons receive a +2 bonus to any two ability scores of your choice and may reassign the bonuses to any other ability scores once each day.  If you choose Intelligence, the increase does not affect your skill points.
Size: Medium. Demons have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Base Speed: 30 ft.

Horrific Form (Su): Demons are not beings of this world, and as such their true forms are absolute abominations crafted from inanimate materials or living flesh when it clawed its way into our reality.  Each form is unique to each demon and ultimately up to the player to design; just keep in mind that the true form should be bizarre and inhuman (examples: "aborted dragon fetus," "flayed burning corpse covered in spiders" "fanged octopus thing," "pus blob with bleeding eyes all over," etc.).  If killed, a demon reverts to whatever matter its spirit used to create its body.  Its corpse holds the shape of whatever form it was in last at the time of death.
Any creature that can clearly see a demon in it's true form must make a Will save ( DC 10 + the demon's hit dice + the demon's Charisma modifier) or become shaken.  On a roll of a natural 1, the witness instead becomes frightened and flees from the Demon for 1d6 rounds.  Repeat exposure inures witnesses to the shock of seeing a demon in its true form.  A character gets a +1 bonus to her saves against the fear effect for each time she's seen a demon's true form.

Shapeshifting (Su): Having absolute mastery over their corporeal forms, demons may change shape at will, taking on the appearance of any human or humanoid creature (elf, lizard man, the stereotypical red-skinned devil with little horns and a pointed tail, and so on) or Small or Medium size (or Large size, if combined with the Great Stature cant).  The change is purely cosmetic and does not confer any special abilities associated with the new form and the demon retains its own ability scores.  Demons can imitate specific people, though the change is not complete enough to duplicate fine details such as fingerprints, retina scans, and voice scans; this manner of disguise grants a demon a +10 bonus on Disguise checks made to emulate that person.  Changing shape is a standard action that does not provoke an attack of opportunity.
While shapeshifting is easy for a demon, the process is very taxing.  A demon can hold any shape for up to an hour, after which it reverts to its true form and must wait an hour before it can change shape again.  Shorter periods of time spent in another form require shorter periods of recovery (equal to the time spent in another form or 10 minutes, whichever is greater).  The demon can shift from one humanoid form to another without spending time in its true form in between, as long as the total time spent out of its true form is an hour or less.
Example: if the demon Mephistopheles spends 10 minutes in the shape of an adult man, followed 5 minutes as a little girl and then 20 minutes as an old woman, all without reverting to its true form.  As long as Mephistopheles doesn't take its true form, the demon can remain transformed in various guises for another 25 minutes before being forced to revert back to its true form for an hour. 

Immunities: Demons are not subject from death from massive damage, natural disease, mundane poisons and are only stunned for one round when subject to a Critical Hit instead of taking Constitution damage.  They do not need to eat nor breathe, and thus need not fear death from starvation, strangulation, or drowning.  Should a demon take enough damage to be in a dying state, it makes checks to recover but never loses hit points from failed checks.

Darkvision: Demons can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but it is otherwise like normal sight, and demons can function with no light at all.

Anima: Demons utilize a strange energy known as Anima to fuel their powers.  See the following for more information.

Weaknesses: No matter how powerful, every demon is imbued with two immutable frailties upon their seeping into the corporeal world: a craving (something the demon craves in order to maintain its health) and a bane (an object, substance, or word it abhors and avoids as if it were a deadly poison).  Demons must indulge their cravings each day or grow weaker, and is weakened when confronted with its bane. 
Craving: Common substances the demon must use or consume in large quantities, though demons that crave rarer materials may sate their appetites with only small quantities.  A demon that fails to indulge its craving takes a -1 penalty on attacks, saves, and all checks for each day that passes since the demon last sates its need.  These penalties are dispelled once the demon sates its craving.  A demon needs a new sample of the new substance each time it indulges itself; a demon that needs antifreeze can't simply keep a bathtub in its apartment and soak every day – the demon requires fresh antifreeze with each new day.  A demon may sate its craving regardless of what form it is in.  Cravings are always a detriment, though carefully management may regulate it to a mere annoyance.

Bane: A bane may be a substance, condition, or even a word.  Some demons cannot bear the touch of salt, rum, or cold iron.  Some cannot cross running water, bear the light of the full moon, or stand the sight of their own reflections in mirrors.  Others grow nauseous at the sound of the word "yellow" or weaken at hearing the word "molecule" or collapse in pain at the utterance of "Belgium."  Whatever the bane, demons suffer a -4 penalty on attacks, saves, and all checks for 10 minutes when exposed to its bane.  If the bane can be used or incorporated into a weapon, demons take an additional +1d6 points of damage from contact with the bane empowered weapon in addition to the standard penalty for exposure to a bane.  The penalty stacks with itself, but may only be used against a demon once per minute.
Special Abilities:

- Cant: Cants are unique powers (traveling through walls, summoning demonic minions, attacking with unholy alien energy, etc.) available to demons as feats and will be described later.  Demons automatically gain access to a new Cant ability at character levels 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 12th, 14th, 16th, and 18th.

- Endowment: Demons gain the following abilities on the following table based on its classification (Scourge or Tempter) and total character level.  DCs, where appropriate, are 10 + the demon's Hit Dice + the demon's Charisma modifier.

Scourge
Quote1st Level:   +2 bonus to Strength; once per day the tempter can change someone's attitude to Helpful for one minute (Will negates).
5th Level: +2 bonus to Dexterity
10th Level: The duration doubles for the scourge's Battle Claws, Corrupting Matrix, and Great Stature cants.
15th Level: +2 bonus to Constitution
20th Level: The scourge gains fast healing 5

Tempter:
1st Level:   +2 bonus to Charisma; once per day the tempter can change someone's attitude to Helpful for one minute (Will negates).
5th Level: +2 bonus to Constitution
10th Level: When the tempter uses the Confess, Insinuate, Mindbite, Thrallsight, or Torturous Memory cants, it can affect two targets instead of one for the same Anima cost.
15th Level:  +2 bonus to Charisma.  The tempter may change shape as a free action
20th Level: When the tempter uses the Confess, Insinuate, Mindbite, Thrallsight, or Torturous Memory cants, it can affect four targets instead of one for the same Anima cost, plus additional targets for one Anima each.

ANIMA
Demons require a peculiar otherworldly form of energy called Anima to use many of their cants and special abilities.  Their home realm is rich in anima, but Earth is a veritable wasteland; humans and the rare wellspring of anima are the only real reliable sources.  Spending anima, for whatever purpose, does not take an action.  Certain cants require a standard or full action to activate and requires the demon to spend Anima, but the expenditure of Anima takes no time itself and the demon can do it even on someone else's turn. 
Maximum Anima: A demon can store Anima equal to 10 plus its Constitution modifier; if the demon gains Anime in excess of this number, the extra Anima is wasted.
Starting Anima: Demons start with their maximum amount of anima (10 + Con modifier)
Anima per Round: Demons can spend one Anima per round, no matter what effect(s) they want to achieve.  A demon may take the Virulence feat to improve this rate.

Uses of Anima:
-Activate Cant: Some cants require anima; others do not.  See each cant's description to see if the cant requires Anima and how much.

-Heal Wounds: A demon can spend a point of Anima to heal 10 points of damage or 2 ability damage from a single ability.  A demon can spend 2 points of Anima to heal one point of ability drain.  A demon can heal itself in this way while unconscious. 

-Ignore Craving/Bane: A demon can spend a point of Anima to override the demon's craving for one day.  This effect keeps the craving penalty from accruing that day but does not give the demon one Anima (as the demon would get if it actually indulged its craving).  A demon can spend one Anima to ignore the penalties and damage from exposure to the demon's bane.  This effect does not prevent additional penalties if the demon confronts the bane again. 

-Regaining Anima: A demon gains a single point of Anima by making a Will save (DC 20) over a human corpse that has been dead for no more than 10 minutes.  Should the demon indulge its craving, it automatically receives one Anima.  Demons can trade anima with one another as standard actions; all they have to do is touch each other and make the exchange.  Some demons can steal Anima from dying mortals (see the Murderous Recharge cant); others learn how to make pacts and exchange pacts for favors (see Infernal Pact cant).  Finally a demon may regain anima by meditating anima generating Leylines for 10 minutes.  The amount of Anima gained is equal to the amount of Anima the leyline can produce each day.

Smarmy Lil' Goblin

MAGE
Estimated Mage per Capita: 1 mage for 50,000 humans (120,000 total)
Resonance: Whenever a mage undergoes Ascension and gains knowledge of the sublime truths of magic, the most fundamental essence of their souls are forever colored by their experience.  Once awakened, there are many subtle ways a mage's "Resonance" changes them, the most obvious of which are individual aspects of magic the mage excels at without limiting his magical potential in any way.  The five Resonances are as follows:

Dynamic: Destruction, control, and chaos
Entropic: Ghosts, shades, and death
Patterned: Mental and physical strength, connection to higher beings
Primordial: Healing, powers of nature and the spirit world
Oracular: Fortune, illusion, and intuition

Type: Human (mage)
Ability Modifiers: +2 to Intelligence, Wisdom, or Charisma.  Should the mage choose Intelligence, the bonus grants additional skill points.  The mage's chosen mental ability score determines your spellcasting modifier (see Special Abilities).
Size: Medium. Mages have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Magic (Su): It goes without saying that the singular trait that sets wizards apart from mere flesh and blood mortals is their ability to command the awesome forces of magic.  To a mage, magic is a sword and shield, a universal tool to overcome any obstacle, a sacred art to be practiced and revered, and a blessed light that may guide its practitioners toward the path of Enlightenment or drag them into the deepest pits of damnation.  There is quite a great deal that can be said about magic; more than what can be spoken of in this small document sadly.  For complete information on building and casting spells and the numerous facets of magic, consult Chapter 5: Magic.

Special Abilities:
Rotes: Rotes are codified spells that have been cast countless times and refined to the point of a science, allowing mages to cast the spell to the best possible effect.  A beginning mage knows all the rotes in the book (see Chapter 5: Magic, "Rote Spells").  Furthermore, all mages receive a +5 bonus to rotes for which his chosen path has an affinity.

Spell Affinity (Ex): Mages are indeed skilled practitioners of the art of magic; by merit of being schooled in the sorcerous art, mages can tap their inner well of power to enhance their ability to concentrate or comprehend magic.
A mage can spend components (the basic building blocks of magic, see below for further information) to modify Concentration or Gramarye checks; each component spent adds a +1 bonus on one skill check.  Components spent this way do not add to the spell's exhaustion rating nor does a mage need to choose a specific component category from which to spend these components.  You don't need to specify that these are Range or Heal components; just mark them off your daily total.  These components are used up whether or not the roll succeeds.  Using this ability does not require an action; it is just a natural part of using the skill and you can use it when it is not your turn.
You must decide whether to spend components and how many to spend before you make the Concentration Gramarye check.

Spellcasting Modifier (Ex): Magic is a highly diverse art with no single codified practice.  Some wizards may take an intellectual "scientific" approach to magic while others simply rely on intuition and instinct to weave their spells.  Some even use their raw force of personality and mental strength rather than knowledge or instinct, mentally forcing or cajoling magic to do their will. Simply put, a mage's spellcasting modifier is the mental ability score he uses to determine his magical ability (chosen at character creation).  If the mage choose Wisdom, then he would use his Wisdom modifier to determine how many bonus components he gets per day, use Wisdom, Gramarye checks made to cast spells, and spells save DC.  Also, Mages receive special titles based on which ability score they choose to modify their magic:

QuoteIntelligence: Magus (plural Magi)
Wisdom: Adept
Charisma: Sorcerer

Components (Su): Components are the basic building blocks of spells; the raw energy of creation that allows mages to bend and twist reality to their mad whims.  A mage must spend components to construct spells; more powerful spells cost much more than weaker spells.  A mage's highest number of components is limited by his character level, as shown on the following table.   The listed number indicates how many components per day the mage can use to build spells (mages also receive a number of bonus components equal to her spellcasting modifier x character level).  For every hour spent in sleep, meditation, or rest (constrains mental or physical activity) the mage regains 5% of her maximum number of components.  Mages may recover components at an accelerated rate while resting over Hallows (rare wellsprings of supernal energy) or certain Leylines (consult GM for further information on both).   
Note: The individual components (described in chapter 5) are often called by different names among mages – arcana, disciplines, crafts, nodes, leylines, - while component points are usually referred to as mana, quintessence, aether, mist, chi, and a myriad of other names.  No matter what you call them, they all refer to components.

Gnosis (Ex): Gnosis (plural and singular) are magical techniques available only to mages.  Many gnosis affect the component cost for certain spells (making specific types of spells easier or cheaper to cast), but others augment the mage's spellcasting abilities and some even grant wizards unique new abilities.  Mages automatically receive a free Gnosis feat at character levels 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th, 12th, 14th, 16th, 18th, and 20th. Gnosis function exactly like feats and are described in Chapter 4: Feats and abilities.

QuoteCharacter Level and Components

1: 60*
2: 75*
3: 90*
4: 105*
5: 120*
6: 135*
7: 150*
8: 165*
9: 180*
10: 195*
11: 210*
12: 225*
13: 240*
14: 255*
15: 270*
16: 285*
17: 300*
18: 315*
19: 330*
20: 345*

Plus the mage's character level x spellcasting modifier*

Smarmy Lil' Goblin

WEREWOLF
Estimated Werewolf per Capita: 1 werewolf per 100,000 humans (60,000 total)
Auspice: While werewolves may change form without the light of a full moon, they are nonetheless intimately tied to lunar cycles; whatever phase of the moon a werewolf first changed under determines their auspice, an affinity for given tasks and loose social role.  The auspices are as follows:

QuoteRahu: The Full Moon; the warriors
Cahalith: The Gibbous Moon; the visionaries
Elodoth: The Half Moon; the judges and mediators
Ithaeur: The Crescent Moon; the mystics
Irraka: The New Moon; the stalkers

Type: Humanoid (shapeshifter)
Ability Modifiers: +2 Strength, +2 Constitution
Size: Medium. Werewolves have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

Shapeshifting (Su): All werewolves instinctively know how to channel their feral spirits through their flesh reshaping flesh and bone into something quite otherworldly.  Werewolves possess four forms: their natural human forms, the Hominid (intermediary form between Human and Hybrid form), Beast ( the purely bestial form), and the Hybrid (the terrifying wolf-human hybrid form).  Changing form is a full round action, though a werewolf may change form as a free action if he makes a Will Save DC 15, or spend 1 Essence to do it without a roll (see below for more information on Essence).  If the moon's phase matches the werewolf's auspice, he can change form as a free action without making a roll or spending Essence.  Returning to human form is always a free action and doesn't require a roll or Essence.  A werewolf automatically reverts to human form if he's knocked unconscious or killed.

Human: Fairly self explanatory.  A werewolf in his human form is completely indistinguishable from a normal human, though much more lean and healthy looking.

Hominid: The Hominid form closely resembled a werewolf's human form, but with prominent differences that mark the werewolf as something other than human.  When she assumes Hominid form, the werewolf adds four to six inches in height and approximately 25-50 pounds of muscle mass to the Hominid form's size. Body hair thickens and facial hair becomes prominent (noticeable even on women); some werewolves have been known to grow a thin fur coat while assuming Hominid form. Facial features become angular and lupine, and the werewolf exhibits subtle wolf-like behavior. She might bare her teeth when she's angry or aggressive, or pant slightly when excited.  Fingernails elongate, as do canine teeth; granting the werewolf a claw attack that deals 1d4 points + the werewolf's Strength modifier in slashing damage and a single bite attack that that inflicts 1d3 + the werewolf's Strength modifier in piercing damage. Werewolves in Hominid form benefit form a +5 bonus to their base speed as well as a +2 bonus to all Listen, Search, and Spot checks.  Lastly, werewolves in hominid form gain the benefit of low light vision.

Beast: A werewolf's Beast is superficially similar to that of a ordinary wolf, only much larger (usually 5 feet in height and six to eight feet in length) with a much more primal, feral countenance than their lupine cousins (only a complete idiot would mistake a werewolf in Beast form for a normal wolf or dog in anything but dim light). In beast form, the werewolf receives a +2 bonus to Dexterity and Constitution, +10 to her base speed, a bite attack that deals 1d8 points of piercing damage plus one and a half times her Strength modifier, a +8 bonus to Listen and Spot checks and the scent ability.  While in beast form, a werewolf is incapable of speaking in any human languages, but she can communicate with other werewolves in Beast or Hybrid form (even the keen ears of their human and hominid forms are not strong enough to make out the wolfen speech).  A werewolf in beast form may not use the Diplomacy or Gather Information skills except on other werewolves.  While werewolves cannot see color in the beast form, they do gain the benefits of darkvision with a range of sixty feet.

Hybrid: The Hybrid form is the nightmarish fusion of man and wolf called out only in times of dire need, for it is both unstable mentally and physically.  A werewolf assuming Hybrid form gains between two and three feet in height (few werewolves stand taller than 10 feet in this form) and 200 to 250 pounds of muscle mass. The body is covered in fur that shares coloration with the Beast form, and the head is that of a monstrous wolf, although the Hybrid form remains capable of bipedal travel and retains opposable thumbs. The werewolf's arms elongate and hands end in wicked claws.  A werewolf can communicate in human languages and the wolfen tongue while in Hybrid form, though rarely does he have anything meaningful to say while in this state.  The hybrid form has a primary bite attack that deals 1d6 points of piercing damage (plus one and a half times her Strength modifier) and two secondary claw attacks that deal 1d6 points of slashing damage (plus the werewolf's Strength modifier) each.  The hybrid form senses, while not as keen as the beast form, are still quite potent; the werewolf receives a +4 bonus to Listen and Spot checks and low light vision while in Hybrid form.  The werewolf benefits from a +4 bonus to Strength and Dexterity and +2 to Constitution while in this form.
The Hybrid form is one of pure and unbridled rage that should not be called upon lightly; the werewolf barely has the clarity to speak (DC 20 Will save to bark out a few words) and is incapable of using any Charisma, Dexterity, or Intelligence based skills (except Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Tumble) nor can she use Concentration or any other ability that requires patience or even Rites (unless the rite states otherwise).  She may use any feat other than Combat Expertise while in Hybrid form.
Every round on her turn, the werewolf must attack or move toward the enemy; if the werewolf can't see a living foe, he has to strike out at something nearby (a car, fallen foe, etc.).  He can still discern between friend and foe, fallen foes from living ones, and can decide between multiple available foes.  To do anything other than move, attack or activate a rite (even to exit Hybrid form), the werewolf must make a DC 20 Will save.  A werewolf can maintain the Hybrid form for a number of rounds equal to his current Constitution modifier (minimum 1) plus 1 round for every Primal Urge rite he possesses; when this time is up, he must revert to human, hominid, or beast form and cannot return to Hybrid form for another 10 minutes. 

Essence: Werewolves use a spiritual, internal energy called Essence to fuel their abilities.  See below for information about Essence as its uses.

Weaknesses: Werewolves in Hominid, Beast, and Hybrid forms are acutely vulnerable to silver - it interferes with the manifestation of the werewolf's bestial spirit.  Werewolves take double damage from silver based attacks, to a maximum of five points of extra damage.  For example, if someone shoots a werewolf for eight points of damage, he takes an additional five points of damage on top of the eight from the bullet.  If the bullet only dealt three points of damage, the werewolf takes only an extra three points of damage. This weakness applies only to pure silver – electroplating and silver nitrate are painful but no more damaging than their true silver counterparts.  Simply touching a werewolf with a silver item is not harmful (though it will put him in a great deal of discomfort).  A werewolf's regeneration cannot heal the extra damage from silver weapons. 

Special Abilities:

Pack Mentality: Werewolves are social creatures, even more so than humans, and as such, feel most comfortable while in a group, whether this group or "pack" is composed of other werewolves or other supernatural beings.  Werewolves have the mystical ability to forge a special bond with a 4 creatures plus his Primal Urge, which the werewolf will recognize as his "pack."  Inviting someone into a pack takes a full round action and must be done in the presence of the potential packmate.  A werewolf with his maximum number of packmates who wants to add another must first release one (a free action) before inviting the replacement.  A creature (werewolf or otherwise) may only be in one pack at a time.  Once a creature has been bonded as a packmate to the werewolf, he becomes as family (or even closer in some cases); forcing a packmates to harm each other is every bit as impossible as it is abhorrent to the werewolf that has established the bond (doing so is like trying to force someone to harm himself).  A Werewolf may learn rites (supernatural powers unique to werewolves) that work only on his packmates.

Hardiness: A werewolf's bestial soul enhances her human metabolism to radical new heights, making her immune to all normal sickness and disease.  A werewolf is still susceptible to magical disease and poison however. 

Rite: Rites are special abilities available to werewolves, such as striking fear into the heart of an enemy, increasing the werewolf's speed, or attuning the werewolf for battle.  Some rites are available only to werewolves of a specific auspice.  Werewolves automatically receive a free Rite ability at character levels 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th,12th, 14th, 16th,  18th, and 20th   Rites function as feats and are described in length in Chapter 4: Feats and Abilities.

Regeneration: Werewolves have fast healing 1 in all of their forms.

Auspice Ability: Werewolves gain the following benefits based on their auspice:

QuoteRahu: +2 Strength
Cahalith: +2 Intelligence (which affect's the werewolf's skill points)
Elodoth: +2 Charisma
Ithaeur: +2 Wisdom
Irraka: +2 Dexterity

ESSENCE
Most of a werewolf's supernatural powers are fueled on an internal reservoir of spiritual energy called Essence.  Spending Essence, for whatever reason, does not require an action.  Certain rites take a standard action to activate and require the werewolf to spend a point of Essence, but the expenditure of Essence takes no time in itself and the werewolf can do it even on someone else's turn.
Maximum Essence: A werewolf can store Essence equal to 10 plus its Constitution modifier; if the werewolf gains Essence in excess of this number, the extra essence is wasted.
Starting Essence: Werewolves start with their maximum amount of Essence (10 + Con modifier)
Essence per Round: Essences can spend one Essence per round, no matter what effect(s) they want to achieve.  A werewolf may take the Primal Urge feat to improve this rate.

Uses of Essence:

Quote- Activate Rite: Some rites require Essence; others do not.  See each rite's description to see if the rite requires Essence and how much.

- Heal Wounds: A werewolf can spend a point of Essence to heal 10 points of damage or 2 ability damage from a single ability.  A werewolf can spend 2 points of Essence to heal one point of ability drain.  A werewolf can heal itself in this way while unconscious. 

- Regaining Essence: The first time a werewolf sees the moon at night he regains one Essence, or two Essence if its phase matches his auspice.  Eating a freshly slain animal's heart gives the werewolf one Essence; eating a freshly slain human's heart (a practice most sane werewolves abstain from) restores 2 Essence.  Finally a werewolf may regain Essence by meditating over Essence generating Leylines for 10 minutes.  The amount of Essence gained is equal to the amount of Essence the leyline can produce each day.

Smarmy Lil' Goblin

VAMPIRE
Estimated Vampire per Capita: 1 vampire per 100,000 humans (60,000 total)
Clan: Vampiric clans are something like extended families of the night, bound together by their inherit nature and the abilities that make the individual clans unique.  The vampire selects one of the following clans at character creation and receives the benefit and drawback of her choice. 

QuoteDaeva: +2 Charisma, -2 penalty on Will saves
Gangrel: +2 Constitution, -2 Intelligence (which affects the vampire's skill points)
Mekhet: +2 Dexterity, Mekhet vampires who spend a round in the sun suffer 6 points of constitution damage instead of 4 points of constitution damage, and can take up to 10 points of damage from their fire vulnerability (instead of 5 extra points)
Nosferatu: +2 Strength, -2 Charisma
Ventrue: +2 Intelligence (which affects the vampire's skill points), -2 Wisdom

Type: Humanoid (undead)
Ability Modifiers: +2 Strength, +2 Charisma
Size: Medium. Vampires have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
Bite: Vampires have a bite attack that deals 1d4 plus one and a half times the vampire's Strength modifier.

Predator's Taint: Vampires immediately recognize other vampires.  They do not automatically know this vampire's clan or abilities, but the undead recognize their kindred's undeath and hunger for the living.  A vampire knows if another vampire is weaker than herself (two or more levels below), stronger (two or more levels above), or about at the same level of power. Some vampires learn how to hide from this sense.  Most are uneasy around unfamiliar vampires, not sure if the other is a rival for food or might reveal his secret vampiric nature.  Normally this ability works on sight, but in some circumstances a vampire may detect the scent of another or sense her by touch in the darkness.

Low-light Vision: Vampires can see twice as well as a normal human in conditions of poor light.  Thus if the lighting is such that one can see only 30 feet, a vampire can see 60 feet.

Vitae: Vampires use the inherit power of blood, Vitae, to fuel their supernatural abilities.  See below for information about Vitae as its uses.

Weaknesses: Just like in the legends of old, Vampires are plagued by several debilitating weaknesses that go hand in hand with their undead condition.

Deathsleep: Everyday at dawn, a vampire feels an urge to rest in a sleep indistinguishable from death.  She may spend one point of Vitae to resist this urge and remain awake though the day.  A sleeping vampire can still spend Vitae to heal itself.  To awaken at sundown, a vampire spends one point of Vitae.  A vampire with no Vitae remains trapped in torpor until someone feeds her or several months pass and she spontaneously awakens, wasted away to nearly nothing (10 hit points) and ravenous with hunger.  Some vampires believe that more powerful vampires trapped this way take longer to awaken.

QuoteSunlight Vulnerability: A vampire fully exposed to sunlight takes four points of Constitution damage on his turn each round of exposure.  The rays of the morning sun are especially lethal to vampires; any vampire unlucky enough to be caught exposed to the dawn's light take eight points of Constitution damage per round of exposure.  Partial exposure does proportionally less damage and certain disciplines may reduce or increase this damage.

Fire Vulnerability: One of the lesser known, and perhaps most usual, weakness common to vampires is their acute vulnerability to the touch of fire. Vampires take double damage from fire based attacks, to a maximum of five points of extra damage.  For example, if someone throws an incendiary grenade at a vampire for 12 points of damage, he takes an additional five points of damage on top of the eight from the grenade.  If the grenade only dealt three points of damage, the vampire takes only an extra three points of damage. 

- Stakes: On a critical hit (and critical hit only) with a stake or any stake like weapon will render a vampire indefinitely stunned, until the stake is removed or the vampire dies, whichever comes first.

Undead: Vampires are unloving bodies powered by Vitae.  While this state has its advantages, unlike living things vampires cannot heal from rest and time, and they do not benefit from standard medical attention (such as the Treat Injury skill).  To heal, a vampire must spend vitae (see below)

Vitae: Though Vitae fuels a vampire's very existence and otherworldly powers, vitae also carries its own weaknesses.  See "Vitae" below for further information.

Special Abilities:

Resistance to Damage: A critical hit against a vampire merely stuns him rather than dealing Constitution damage.  Vampires are hard to kill; you can stab a knife though a vampire's heart and she collapses...only to get right back up a few moments later, relatively unharmed.
Vampires do no bleed.  A vampire who takes enough damage to be in a dying state makes checks to recover but never loses hit points on a failed check. Even severely wounded and unconscious a vampire will eventually walk away if left alone.  Vampires do not breathe and are immune to disease and poison (though poisons that have blood thinning properties may still affect a vampire).

Discipline: Disciplines are individual manifestations of the power of Vitae available to vampires.  Most Disciplines grant such abilities such as controlling minds, growing claws, or blending with the night.  Some Disciplines are not available to all vampires (see Chapter 4: Feats and abilities for more information).  Some unique Disciplines, known as Devotions, combine two or more disciplines for a much greater effect while other Disciplines have no relation to the clans or standard Disciplines, such as being able to store more Vitae.  Vampires automatically receive a free Discipline at character levels 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, 8th, 10th,12th, 14th, 16th,  18th, and 20th   Disciplines function as feats and are described in length in Chapter 4: Feats and Abilities.

Vitae
When a vampire feasts on blood, within seconds it transforms into a supernatural substance called Vitae.  Vitae looks, smells, and flows like natural blood but is charged with supernatural power.  If Vitae leaves a vampire's body and exposed to air, Vitae reverts to normal blood within a few seconds (scientific analysis on the reverted Vitae reveals it to be a mixture of blood from many sources, with most of the cells in an advanced state of entropy. A select few vampires and mages know how to preserve Vitae outside the body, and even reverted Vitae retains a mystical connection to its vampires.  Vampires need Vitae to maintain their unnatural existence and fuel most if not all of their supernatural powers.  As vampires use Vitae, it begins to affect them physically - he grows paler as his skin tightens seems to shrink and wither, becoming more and more corpse like.  Feeding on the blood of others allows a vampire to maintain a normal appearance, though "normal" varies from vampire to vampire. 
Spending Vitae, for whatever purpose, does not take an action.  Certain Disciplines take a standard action to activate and require the vampire to spend a point of Vitae, but the expenditure of Vitae takes no time in itself and the vampire can do it even on someone else's turn.
Maximum Vitae: A vampire can store Vitae in her body equal to 10 plus her Constitution modifier; if she gains excess Vitae, it is wasted.
Starting Vitae: Vampires start with their maximum amount of Vitae (10 + Con modifier)
Vitae Per Round: Vampires can spend one Vitae per round, no matter what effect(s) they want to achieve.  A vampire can take the Blood Potency Discipline to improve this rate. 

Uses and Characteristics of Vitae:

Quote- Blood Addiction: Vitae may look and smell like blood, but it most certainly doesn't taste like blood - stolen life is the ultimate forbidden fruit, the sweetest taste that any human or vampire has ever experienced. Naturally, Vitae is quite addictive.  Every time a creature drinks a vampire's blood, the drinker must make a Will save (DC 10 + the vampire's Constitution modifier).  If he fails, he is one step closer to blood addiction and takes a -4 penalty on future saves made against this addiction.  When the penalty reaches -20, the drinker is addicted and no longer wants to resist the thirst for Vitae.  Addicted humans often become obsessed with drinking normal blood, though it gives them no benefit and does nothing to slake their thirst. 
They often grow obsessively dependent on the vampire who supplies their addiction, willing to do anything for another fix.  Addicted vampires may become so desperate as to wound themselves and lick their own Vitae (this act does not diminish their own supply and only reinforces the addiction). Many turn to preying upon other vampires to ease the burn of their addiction.  A creature who makes his Will saves resists the temptation and reduces his penalty by 4 (from -16 to -12 for example).  If an addicted creature reduces his penalty to 0 in this way, he is no longer addicted.  Likewise, each month in which the creature does not taste Vitae reduces the penalty by 4.  Some extremely powerful vampires can gain sustenance only by drinking the blood of other vampires, but they do not become addicted to Vitae like lesser creatures.

- Establish Vinculum: Drinking a particular vampire's blood three times creates an emotional bond between the drinker and the vampire.  This bond, called "Vinculum" (literally "blood bond" or "blood oath"), gives the vampire power over the drinker.  The vampire who creates the bond is called the regnant and the drinker is the thrall.  The thrall cannot make a save to avoid this bond.  Each drink requires the vampire to spend at least one Vitae.  The Vinculum is a deeply emotional bond; its like love only mechanical and hallow, yet stronger than any bond created with the Dominate or Majesty Disciplines - neither category of disciplines can overpower the regnant's hold over his thrall.  Likewise a creature can only be thrall to one vampire at a time; the blood bond prevents any others from forming. 
Normally vampires use this bond on humans and animals, but vampires can bind other vampires and some other supernaturals.  Most vampires (and sane supernaturals for that matter)refuse to become thralls to each other, as this kind of slavery is rightly feared, but especially close vampires may form a bond with each other as a sign of friendship or to prevent others from enthralling them.  Commanding your thrall is easy; you gain a +4 bonus on all social skills to influence or manipulate your thrall, and the thrall takes a -4 penalty on saves made to resist your commands - including those from supernatural abilities.  The thrall gains a +4 bonus on saves made to resist commands from others if those commands would cause you direct or indirect harm (including harm though inaction on the thrall's part), and opponents take a -4 penalty on social skills to encourage the thrall to perform such actions.  If you are the thrall to another creature, your thrall's behavior extends toward your regnant to a lesser extent (+2 and -2 instead of +4 and -4).
If one year passes from the last time a non-vampire thrall drank his regnant's Vitae, the bond ends. Vampires must wait a number of years equal to their regnant's Blood Potency before the blood bond breaks between them.  Heavy abuse and mistreatment can turn a thrall against hid regnant, which usually results in the thrall performing a murderous assault and then going quite mad.  Killing a regnant ends any ongoing Vinculums he has immediately.  Demons, mages, and werewolves cannot become thralls.  Awakened can become thralls, but they must drink Vitae six times instead of three.

- Activate Disciplines: Some Disciplines require Vitae, while others do not.  See each Discipline description to see if it requires Vitae, and if so how much.

- Augment Physical Abilities: A vampire can use her Vitae to temporarily boost her strength, Dexterity, or Constitution.  Each point of Vitae grants her +4 to one of these abilities for one minute.  This use causes no apparent physical change in the vampire's body, and is therefore handy when she wants to conceal her supernatural nature - a vampire with the body of an old woman can boost her strength to Herculean levels and still appear puny.  Unlike most enhancement bonuses, this bonus stacks with itself as long as you spend all the Vitae in the same round.  Multiple uses on the same ability over the course of multiple rounds has no effect, but if you spend 3 Vitae, in one round, you gain a +12 bonus to Strength.  Increasing your Constitution increases your hit points; these extra hit points vanish after the ability expires, which may cause you to drop to 0 hit points or lower (you do not lose them first like temporary hit points).

- Counterfeit Life: A vampire's metabolic nature is radically different from that of a normal human.  A vampire vomits up food and drink.  A vampire may spend one Vitae to consume normal food and drink without this response (though both will taste bland and flavorless to the vampire no matter how much Vitae she spends) which lasts for one meal; afterward the vampire still regurgitates the food in a bloody mess an hour later, so she'll probably want to get out of sight by then.  A vampire has only a semblance of life - vampires are unhealthy seeming and pallid, with no heartbeat and no need to speak unless they wish to speak.  A vampire can spend one Vitae to give herself the full appearance of a human- a rosy flush to the cheeks no matter how low her current Vitae, a regular heartbeat, a steady breathing rhythm, and the ability to have sex.  This effect lasts at most for an hour.  Note that if your form is normally monstrous (as most Nosferatu are) this ability just makes you appear living and monstrous rather than partially dead and monstrous.  A vampire can use both of these abilities at the same time; spending one Vitae for each effect (food ingestion and appearance)

- Create Ghouls: A vampire can feed a human her Vitae to create a servant with limited vampiric powers, turning the creature into a ghoul.  Though a ghoul sups on Vitae, a ghoul is not necessarily a thrall, nor or all thralls ghouls automatically ghouls.   To create a ghoul, a vampire must dilatability feed the target one Vitae and spend one additional Vitae to channel the unholy energy that animates her body into her new ghoul.  The target immediately becomes a ghoul with a single point of Vitae of his own.  A vampire can feed a ghoul more Vitae, but to half the ghoul's Constitution score.  Upon becoming a ghoul, the creature immediately gains the Celerity, Resilience, or Vigor Discipline.  The vampire chooses which Discipline the ghoul receives.  Once the ghoul gains this Discipline, he can take it again as a feat to improve it.  If the ghoul has an available feat slot, he can study for one day with a vampire to learn any ghoul Discipline (Celerity, Resilience, or Vigor), allowing him to spend his available feat on that Discipline (and spend subsequent feats to improve that Discipline).  Since ghouls do not belong to clans, they never gain a clan bonus for these Disciplines.
Ghouls do not age.  Just like vampires, ghouls can use their stored Vitae to augment themselves physically, to heal themselves, or to activate Disciplines.  Ghouls can only spend one Vitae per round and may never learn how to spend Vitae at an accelerated rate (i.e. ghouls may not take the Blood Potency Discipline).  Unlike vampires, ghouls digest Vitae.  To use it, they tap into stored supernal power rather than redirect the actual liquid within themselves.  As long as any vampire repeats the ghoul ritual (feeding one Vitae and expending one more) every month, the ghoul remains a ghoul even if he currently has no stored Vitae.  If a months passes since the last ritual, the creature is no longer a ghoul.  His apparent age catches up to his true age at a rate of one year per day beyond the missed ritual.  In theory, a mortal whose lifespan has been unnaturally extended with ghouldom would rapidly age and die if deprived this way.  A reverted ghoul loses all stored Vitae. 
A ghoul can spend two Vitae on his own (one each round for two successive rounds) to extend his ghoul state another month, but the ghoul does not instinctively know this.  Some vampires prefer their ghouls return to them in order to keep their servants on a short leash, while others recognize the need for extend missions away from home.  Animals can become ghouls, but their intelligence limits their effectiveness.  Animal ghouls can only use their Vitae on Disciplines, not to heal themselves or perform other physical augmentations.  They usually never progress beyond the Disciplines they gain when they become ghouls, though vampires may be able to teach animals others with careful use of Animalism Disciplines.  Animal ghouls tend to use their Vitae immediately in combat, spending one Vitae in the first round and more only if they know a second Discipline. Because of these limitations, animal ghouls are rare, as it is easier for vampires who want animal guardians to create thralls instead.
Demons, mages, and werewolves cannot become ghouls.  Awakened can become ghouls, but all Vitae costs are doubled for their creation and maintenance.  Awakened must spend double the normal Vitae to accomplish anything requiring Vitae.

- Detect Blood Tie: A vampire can recognize another vampire's clan if she tastes the stranger's Vitae; the nature of the vampiric curse flavors the vampire's supernatural blood.  A vampire can always recognize the taste of blood or Vitae she has tasted before, and can even recognize the taste of someone who has drank the blood or Vitae of someone she has tasted; this ability allows her to recognize other thralls of her regnant.   Recognizing a clan's pr a specific vampire's Vitae by taste requires a DC 20 Search check.  If the Vitae is from your regnant or someone you know who has tasted your regnant's Vitae, the DC is 15.  You automatically detect the taste of your own Vitae, whether in another vampire's Vitae or in a non-vampire who has drunk it. 

- Heal Wounds: Spending Vitae is the only way a vampire can heal wounds on her own; simple rest accomplishes nothing.  Spending one Vitae heals 10 hit points of damage or two points of ability damage from a single ability.  Spending tow Vitae heals one point of ability drain.  A severely injured vampire may have to feed several times in order to generate enough Vitae to heal herself.  A vampire can heal herself in this way while unconscious. 

- Wake Up: A vampire is an unnatural being animated by enchanted blood and an ages old curse, a condition that carries with it countless burdens and misery.  This combination causes extreme lethargy and fatigue in the body during the daylight hours, and most vampires sleep this time away in a death like torpor.    Overcoming this supernatural sleep requires the expenditure of one Vitae; regardless of what time the vampire fell asleep or wants to wake.  Morning, noon, sundown, or midnight, waking up always costs one Vitae.   

- Regaining Vitae – Feeding: Obviously, a vampire must feed on blood to maintain its unnatural existence; otherwise they cannot rouse themselves from slumber and are doomed to a slow wasting death.  They may drink stored blood (such as from hospitals and blood banks), but stored blood lacks both the potency and enticing taste as hot, fresh blood straight from the source.  Weaker vampires can sustain themselves on animal blood, but it is not as effective as the lifeblood of humans.  Feeding on an unwilling target requires the vampire to grapple the victim; once the grapple is established, the vampire can feed each round as a standard action by making a successful grapple check.  Feeding on a creature is called the Kiss and is an ecstatic experience for both vampire and victim.  Once the Kiss begins, a non-vampire target must make a Will save (DC 10 + the vampire's hit Dice + the vampire's Charisma modifier) or succumb to the ecstasy and stop resisting.  If the vampire is in combat and feeds on his opponent, the victim never needs to make this Will save and can resist the vampire's attack every round – no matter how good the Kiss feels, your enemy won't sit back and let you do it.
Feeding on a willing target (whether a volunteer or someone who has succumbed to the Kiss) is a standard action and requires no grapple check. Each round of feeding on a human subject gives a vampire one Vitae.  A Medium humanoid creature contains enough blood to generate one Vitae per two points of Constitution, and each Vitae a vampire takes from the creature deals two points of constitution damage.  Because Constitution damage heals at a rate of one point per day, and a vampire must expend at least one Vitae each night he rises, a vampire cannot rely on a single humanoid for feeding; otherwise they would leave a long string of bodies others could trace to them.
Medium or larger Animals are worth one Vitae for every four points of Constitution, though each Vitae taken from them still deals only two points of Constitution damage.  A small creature is worth half as much Vitae as a Medium creature of its type.  A tiny creature is worth one-quarter as much Vitae as a Medium creature of its type; smaller creatures cannot give vampires Vitae.  Stored blood only has a fraction of the potency of fresh blood; a vampire must consume eight pints of human blood to gain one Vitae.  A dead human body can provide a single point of Vitae, available only within 24 hours of the hosts death.  A vampire may attempt to feed on another vampire, directly draining Vitae from her target and adding it to her total; feeding this way, however, risks blood addiction and a blood bond.
Mage blood is laced with magic, but is effective for a vampire's purposes.  However, a vampire that feeds on mage blood suffers nasty hallucinations (-2 on all attacks, saves, and checks) for one day per Vitae taken – a side effect of the mage's supernal power.
Werewolf blood is much more potent than human blood; a werewolf is worth one Vitae for every point of the werewolf's Constitution.  As with mages, the blood of werewolves comes with a stiff side effect: because of their savage primal natures, a vampire who drinks werewolf blood may enter a frenzied state in combat or when aggravated, similar to a werewolf.  This rage-prone state lasts one day per werewolf Vitae taken.  A vampire in this sort of rage can barely manage the clarity to speak (DC 20 Will save to bark out a few words).  She cannot use Charisma, Dexterity, or Intelligence based skills (except for Balance, Escape Artist, Intimidate, and Ride), the Concentration skill, any abilities that require patience or concentration or Disciplines (unless they specify they are usable in a rage).  She can use any feat she has except Combat Expertise.  The frequency and duration of these episodes is at GM's discretion.
Awakened blood is just as potent as human blood, but because of their nature is counter to that of vampires, Vitae from an Awakened hinders a vampire's ability to use Vitae-based abilities.  Any Vitae expenditure other than waking up requires twice as much Vitae to function.  This hampered state lasts one day per Awakened Vitae taken.
Vampires cannot feed on demons; their bodies are made of animate inert matter and contain no blood whatsoever.  If there is liquid flowing through a Demon's veins, it is most certainly not safe for consumption.  Vampires cannot feed on plants.  Vampires have a psychological dependency on fresh blood, as feeding on a live person is quite thrilling to them.  Every time a vampire feeds on a life human, the vampire must make a Will save to resist draining that person completely dry (DC 10 + 1 for every day that has passes since she last tasted fresh human blood).  Most vampires try to feed regularly to stave off this impulse for a trail of dead bodies emptied of their life's blood draws far too much attention (it's rumored that a rare few avoid feeding on humans entirely).