News:

"Why do you call it soulriders?"
"Because we grind your souls, hopes, and dreams down ... and ride the wave."

Main Menu

Questioning the Notion

Started by Brian, February 26, 2008, 07:35:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

"Well...."  She hesitates.  "I was just ... following a stupid impulse.  From a dream.  I was taking the subway, and someone pushed me, and the next thing I knew ... I was here."   She shakes her head.  "I thought I couldn't be the only one, you know ... especially with that creepy inspector guy, but I was never sure before.  What about going home?"
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

OOC:  </fail>

-

IC:  Nathan seems to have taken a long moment to digest this surprise.

"We didn't come here the same way as you," Nathan says slowly, "but different people get to these worlds in different ways.  The way home is to do something world-shaking.  Just why that works is a little complicated - it has to do with how this all works - but I'll explain in a moment."

"Can you tell us your story from the start?" Nathan he continues, with a slightly sheepish expression, "We were in Japan, not Chicago, so we don't really know how you got here.  Start with your dream?"
Hangin' out backstage, waiting for the show.

Brian

"Well," she says slowly, squinting.  "I think it was a Wednesday, but I remember it was August, 1962 ... that's two years ago, though.  I think.  Time seems very odd here, whenever the changes come about.  But I had dreamed every night the week before coming here about the moon as a pendant ... a girl with golden eyes was wearing it.  In my dream, she was trapped somewhere beneath a church, or a temple ... and she kept trying to tell me something, but I never could make it out, until the last day.  Then I dreamed that I went to the subway, and as soon as I stepped aboard, there was a man with a bracelet who told me that ... well.  I can't remember a word of what he said, honestly, just the meaning of it.  He could explain things to me, and wanted my help ... but I had to meet him.  So I followed the dream, but instead of meeting him, someone bumped into me as the train was coming in, and then...."  She shudders. 

"It was unpleasant.  The next thing I knew, I was here, and suddenly I had a new family, new responsibilities, new...."  She winces, glancing sidelong at Nathan.  "...obligations.  And this world is so strange, still....."  She shrugs, looking a bit forlorn.

Molly squints, visibly thinks, then says, "So ... then ... that means ... she's not really your fiancee!"  Her eyes light up before she tries to hide her smile.  "I mean, not really, right?"

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

Uhh.

"Much the same way as that I'm not the Doctor Shuker you know," Nathan hedges - before something clearly occurs to him.

"Do you remember the man's bracelet?  Can you describe it - and him?"

Brian

"Well," she begins, before all eyes go to the door; it allows a creaking and splintering noise, as a crack along the hinges splits it all the way through, and the remaining bulk of the door slams to the floor, revealing Bjorn, Phil, and Inspector Holmes in the hallway.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Good day, gentleman and ladies, may we interrupt this fine gathering to discuss things of import?" Dracos took the cue of surprise.
Well, Goodbye.

Bjorn

"This door wants fixing," Bjorn adds.

Brian

"Oh, my," Catherine manages, eyeing Holmes.

The Inspector seems indifferent, glancing across the assembled groups.  "Yes, well, I'll have a guard report the door shortly," he says.  "Sorry to disturb you."  Catherine looks at Nathan questioningly, while Holmes glances at Bjorn and Phil again.  Awkward silence begins to prevail.

~exploding tag~

Bjorn

"So, anyways," Bjorn continues, "we were thinking, hey, it's been a long time since we beat somebody up, and we were wondering if Tom could come look at a picture of some guy, because if he looks familiar, he'd be a good guy to start with."

A pause.

"And how are things with you?"

Carthrat

"Is that why you destroyed the door? Even I've managed to avoid destroying any doors," replies Tom, coughing.

"Anyway, a picture? I can handle looking at a picture. I might even be able to discuss it!"
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

"Good grief man, it is a good thing we came to rescue you from such a non-destructive habit.  Next thing you know, you won't want to eliminate trouble before enjoying a good cup of tea.  That does sound cooperative."

He turned to Catherine and Nathan, "Sorry...miss...?  Anyhow, Nathan, you should come too.  We're probably going to be having the ever entertaining destruction of the coup d'etat before picnic time."
Well, Goodbye.

Rezantis

Nathan gestures expansively at the newcomers, ignoring Dracos' question for the moment.  "Them too, Catherine."

"So . . . can you describe the bracelet?"

Brian

"It was silver," she says, focusing her attention on Nathan.  "There were links, but no clasp that I could see.  The man...."  She hesitates, momentarily, then says, "He was taller than me, a little, and he had long hair ... he was very dark, but it seemed like the people around us couldn't see him.  I have a small statue of him, actually.  Well, a piece of one, anyway ... it was in my hands when I came here."  She shakes her head.  "That's ... I should know more, but that's all that I can remember."

~exploding tag~

Rezantis

"That - I wonder.  I'd like to see that statue sometime, if I could, Catherine . . ."

Nathan turns his attention to Dracos and Bjorn.

"So aside from the fact that someone with one of our bracelets has been up to something . . . why are we knocking down doors again?  It's very impolite to do that to a lady's room, don'cha know."

Bjorn

"The door wanted fixing," Bjorn repeats, frowning at Catherine.  "It'd been sabotaged, the hinges tampered with so that it could be knocked down easily.  I promised to get it taken care of in return for it letting you know we were here."  He shrugged.  "Doors are direct thinkers.

"But hold up a second.  A bracelet?  A bracelet like this one?"  With a thought he pulls the bracelet through from his other-self, holding it up for Catherine to see.