House Rules

Started by Carthrat, October 30, 2008, 03:55:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Clans

You can't be from any Independant clan, a Tzimice, or a Tremere. (Lasombra are fair game, however.)

Abilities

Page 122 is apparently not in the right spot, it's on p122 of one of the pdf files floating around. If it's missing from where you'd expect, now you know where to look! But if you don't, then remember that Intimidation, Leadership, Streetwise and Subterfuge are all additional talents. If you want something like Pilot or some ability not listed, I don't mind. Actually your copy might not suck as much as mine. Look at the character sheet on the back for a good listing.

Disciplines

Disciplines are subject to change during play, because masquerade is broken as fuck but still awesome anyway. Disciplines will, rarely, not work as written on the box, particularly when in frenzy (that's what you get when invoking magical powers based on cursed blood). Ranks in occult can give an understanding of unusual permutations and combinations of disciplines, so if something weird happens you'll be better equipped to deal with it. Consider yourselves fairly warned!

All Discipline levels of 3 or above require one blood point to be activated if they did not already.

Fortitude: Fortitude isn't active by default. You must spend a blood point to gain access to the increased soak for a scene. Additionally, when Fortitude is activated, the user gains an additional number of -1 health level equal to their ranks in fortitude; they're lost 'first'. This power can only be activate once per scene, however.

Potence: Potence isn't active by default. You must spend a blood point to gain access to the bonus strength for a scene.

Backgrounds

You begin as normal humans. But some of your backgrounds may be vampiric! If you want to acquire a herd, mentor, or vampiric allies early in the game for free, you can put points in them and suggest what sort of things they could be. This is not to say you can't get these things if you work for them on your own. Allies will generally be trustworthy as long as you treat them right. No backgrounds are, however, completely sacred.

Generation: No lower than 10th, bucko. Diablerie remains an option if you want to improve this. Good luck, you heartless bastards.

Influence: Instead of some nebulously defined 'political influence', pick a field or institution in which you actually have it.

Fighting

As normal, except that you do not need to declare your actions in advance each round. If you go first, you can delay your action and react as someone else acts, if desired.

Sometimes I will use initiative for fights, sometimes I will handwave it with a single set of rolls.

If you are attacked before your turn and decide to parry, block, or dodge, however, that will count as your action for the round (unless you split your pool to take multiple actions, or use Celerity.)

Other

Willpower is regained by...

-Fulfilling your nature.
-When/if there is a long timeskip, you might get some back.

That's it. In particular, I will be generous with willpower if you fulfill your nature against, perhaps, your better instincts. It should create conflict.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up