Players, attention!

Started by Anastasia, November 04, 2008, 12:58:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

Drac's point G is also very relevant. CRYPTIC CLUES, or maybe the possibility of staggered entry (one guy goes in, looks around, and relays what he thinks is needed to the others) or even changing avatar on the fly. All of these could be oneshot boosts accumulated through prior play.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Merc

I get home from work anywhere between 6pm-7pm EST unless I'm going to Tae Kwon Do class, in which case it's around 10:15pm. Once I'm home, I'm available until around 12:30am EST. Weekends I'm generally pretty free.

On ideas:

I do agree that you might want to make classes/abilities available based on how useful/powerful it is, rather than by book.

Respawns would be nice and you could do some different things with respawns too to add randomness sometimes. When someone respawns, they could come back with a different goal (that could be detrimental to the main group), or spawn at a separate place from the group, or spawn in the body of a monster/enemy without the ability to communicate with the others but being able to interact with things trying to kill the others, etc.

<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Carthrat

I recall someone actually wrote a list of how powerful the classes were, roughly, on the optimization board.

Anastasia

I really like these ideas, people.

QuoteRespawns would be nice and you could do some different things with respawns too to add randomness sometimes. When someone respawns, they could come back with a different goal (that could be detrimental to the main group), or spawn at a separate place from the group, or spawn in the body of a monster/enemy without the ability to communicate with the others but being able to interact with things trying to kill the others, etc.

This is good stuff right here. While it needs to be limited, the idea of the Dark One adding dickery to the mix could be quite amusing if done right.

QuoteDrac's point G is also very relevant. CRYPTIC CLUES, or maybe the possibility of staggered entry (one guy goes in, looks around, and relays what he thinks is needed to the others) or even changing avatar on the fly. All of these could be oneshot boosts accumulated through prior play.

More good ideas. I'm thinking of giving you at least some minor clues and info to start a new level, so that you'll have an idea of how exactly you're screwed. Making these things bonuses to win would help encourage competition. This is giving me more and more ideas and sneakiness, thanks. This really inspired me. <_<

QuoteC)Multiple teams sounds good.  Especially having to interaction asynchronously.

Yeah, two team minimum now. Meeting up will be a goal of most levels, or perhaps a variation on that. Strength in numbers?

QuoteD)Letting GM roll using an OOC message on action = Awesome.  :) Definitely would help with posting at random intervals.

Yeah, I'm going to try and streamline rolling as much as possible. I'll be posting a rules segment about this in due time.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Anastasia

Quote from: Carthrat on November 04, 2008, 08:31:55 PM
I recall someone actually wrote a list of how powerful the classes were, roughly, on the optimization board.

I'm familiar with this, yes, and I plan to use this as a point of reference.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Cor and Gate, post times soon so I can start organizing that.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

VySaika

Monday-Thursday: On the comp generally from 3-9 EST time.

Friday: On the comp from the same time periods, but generally less avaialable due to DL writing.

Weekends: I do not exist.
All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Anastasia

Posting times in EST:

My times: 10 AM to 4 PM EST, 11 PM - 2 AM EST. I can fiddle these a bit at times.

Eb: 4 AM to 6 PM. Hour-ish gap around noon.
Dracos: 11 PM on, but sometimes available during the day as work permits. Weekends are better.
Carthrat: ??????????
Merc: 6 PM-12 30 AM. Weekends are better.
Gate: 3 PM-9 PM. Weekends are bad and Friday is a bit dicey.
Cor: ??????? Fridays and Saturdays are clearer.

Eb, Cor and Rat tend towards earlier hours and the other three cleave the other way most likely. Keep this in mind for grouping.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

If we do things episodically and treat every first run as a 'gather information' run, I will so play as a dwarf barbarian who took toughness three times, constitution 18, and aims to simply run through everything and live as long as possible to see what's what. >_> (At level 3, that's 46 hp! Not bad...)

Well, I hope, technically, we don't.  I don't think it's as fun as figuring out and trying to come up with clever solutions.  At the same time, if the average traversal is 3+ attempts, we're totally going to do that by habit.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote<Nao> Hey, Dune, question
<Nao> WRT to spirit forms and how you mention alignment doesn't need to match
<Nao> Our avatars, I mean
<Nao> Do our spirits, fluffwise, create their avatars as they are intentionally, with forethought?

From IRC and worth answering:

I added a small bit in the rules about selecting an alignment for your spirit and dropped the alignment bit in the avatars section. I did a really poor job of saying what I meant, so I changed that up entirely instead.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'd like to see spirit posts by Thursday, by tomorrow if possible. If that's an issue speak up now.
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Re Dungeon Randomisation, I think that might be taking things a step too far, but I would like an evolving dungeon - basically whenever an avatar dies, something in the dungeon changes, like a new path being opened or an old one being closed. Basically something to keep us on our toes without necessitating that we learn an entirely new layout. If this inconveniences the surviving avatars (like say if someone was scouting ahead and the death of someone in the main group causes a path to seal and cut off the scout until another way to meet up is found) so be it.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on November 05, 2008, 06:17:33 AM
Re Dungeon Randomisation, I think that might be taking things a step too far, but I would like an evolving dungeon - basically whenever an avatar dies, something in the dungeon changes, like a new path being opened or an old one being closed. Basically something to keep us on our toes without necessitating that we learn an entirely new layout. If this inconveniences the surviving avatars (like say if someone was scouting ahead and the death of someone in the main group causes a path to seal and cut off the scout until another way to meet up is found) so be it.

Thank you for that, this gave me a nice idea. I'll roll with that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm going to be doing some more behind the scenes polishing for a day or two, but I'm going to throw the first IC topic up. Feel free to roleplay in it and get your feet wet while I finish up shit on my end.
<Afina> Forever.