News:

"In closing, we have the best hobby ever. The End."

Main Menu

Floor 1 "Wheel": 1-1

Started by Anastasia, November 09, 2008, 10:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Drac and Merc go here.

North. What does this choice portend? The three stand in a large half  circular room, with a door directly sound. Torches line the walls, making the air unpleasantly smokey-steely. The walls are polished iron, solid and tough. You stand in the back of the room against the back wall, a small, ten foot platform jutting out. Around you, past this platform, is a pit ten feet wide in all directions, save to the north where the slick iron wall holds dominion.

A single stone walkway that is five feet wide allows one to cross this pit, straight ahead and unremarkable.

http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ghettomap1aw5.png

Fear.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Merc

"Well, this looks simple enough," Varian mutters as he looks upwards, trying to see if there's anything of worth up above. Like a slowly decending ceiling of spikes, or some such. Or maybe just some bats or something else he could feed to the familiar he's gained. It wasn't the same as back home, but no reason not to take care of the snake while it could still prove useful.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

Varain sees that the roof is about twenty five feet up and more or less flat, with a slight dome that meets in the center of the room. It's very plain, made of smooth iron. There's nothing of immediate note about it.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"An easy walk relaxes one for the spear at the end," Shadow ...agreed in his own way, glancing over the edge down to see just what was down at the pit.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

The pit is very dark and dank. Very dark - however, Shadow's darkvision allows him to see the bottom, perhaps fourty feet down. Some sort of white, steamy liquid lies at the bottom. Whew! Shadow gets a whiff of it as he peers over, it smells quite strong and foul.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Varian decides to check how sturdy the platform appears to be, pressing his foot on it to see if it makes a stressed sound from the slight weight, or some such.

Anastasia

The platform appears to hold Varian's weight quite well. No sign of any obvious collapse.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"If you fall, you're done, be careful." Shadow stuck his ten foot pole out over the pit...and then swung it through the area above the platform, tapping the platform as a finisher.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

The pole swishes through the air and hits the platform with a solid thump. Nothing of note occurs, nor any crumbling or anything odd.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"I'll go first," He said simply, rather curt so far, but not harsh.  He walked across keeping his eyes peeled.  When he gets to the other side he quickly takes a look around the room, carefully making his way closer to the door.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Shadow crosses the footpath!

OH NO! It crumbles beneath him, his screams as he falls down below echo-ah hell, that's nothing. Despite a momentary vision of doom, Shadow crosses the stone walkway without incident. On the other side he looks about the room.

No dicebot, using a take ten on your spot check for 18.

It's a pretty plain room. Past the pit it's almost unremarkable, the door ahead a single pull ring affair and made of sturdy iron.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

Glancing back, he waved Valrian foward.  "What's your name?"
Well, Goodbye.

Merc

Seeing that it all seems safe, Varian follows after the other man. "Well, that was exciting. Almost wonder what -was- in that pit. The name is Varian, by the way."

Anastasia

Varian crosses the pit safely as well! Both stand in the main of the room, away from strange pits and platforms and with a door to the south.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

"Shadow," He said simply, listening at the door.
Well, Goodbye.