News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Oh hey, did you just see what I found?!?!

Started by Anastasia, September 23, 2009, 01:18:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carthrat

[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

Quote from: Carthrat on October 10, 2010, 05:15:06 AM
I do kinda want the gauntlets, yes. SR that makes me take damage instead of getting hurt? I'm down for that, and not squeamish about being surrounded in scary glyphs or having hands that drip with blood, either. I kinda think they also fit on Mari. Leery about undocumented side-effects, though. I suggest we get these identified independently at some stage, preferably before we actually start using them, though that may be difficult at present.

On the greatclub: Can I wield it one-handed in my large hand, or must I use two hands to do so?

I do agree that I don't really need the deck, thematic as it is. I like the caltrops because, well, Adail might be too small to efficiently lug them around, really, even if he's surely strong enough to carry them.

Fair enough, ye asked for them, so they yours. :P  I think putting them on mari would be a dangerous idea and she already has an important booster in that slot.

and with the caltrops, seems kinda unfair to jab the 'this bag of small items is too big for adail to carry' when there's no mechanical reason he couldn't carry them other than the perception that it'd be more like a knapsack of caltrops to him and we both have plenty of examples of handwaving bulky items that mechanically we are able to use.  Kinda between you and adail, but he doesn't post much off session and I think that's kind of an unfair reason to count him out of treasure we only have because he picked it up.  If he doesn't want it, that's totally fine or you simply want it more that's also fine, but 'he can't use it' seems cheap way to wave him off.

hmm, still hope to re-equip at some point (Feels kinda weird to have most my slots empty still when going on another death facing campaign), but especially seeing what's out so far, kam's not looking to garb himself entirely in partially cursed items.

*eyes ko's post* Did someone actually add mundane items right to their sheet? *is surprised that would happen*

Anyhow, that is a good reminder anyway though.  Kam would be interested in:
gloves
spare clothes
Rope (The tougher silk ropes if possible)
We probably should stock up food/water.
Climber's kit
Torches
Grappling hook
Flint and steel

and I guess there's not an anti-toxin equiv for disease and asking a lich for holy water seems ridiculous.  so there mundane item list.

I'll do a glance over on tuesday of what folks have put on their sheets and create a new loot pile for us from what's not been added >_>;
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

If he wants them he can have them. If he doesn't, I'm taking them. Simple.

Anastasia

Kamvakua gets all that mundane gear, including silk rope, without incident.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Sierra

Yay new sword. I may as well take the spider cloak too, sure.

I also support getting the lich loot IDed by a third party at first opportunity.

VySaika

Thought I made it pretty clear that I don't want the caltrops, yeah. Perfectly capable of arguing on my own behalf if I do want something, Drac.

EDIT: To make this sound less grumpy, Knight frankly doesn't need to SEE the caltrops to place them. Sure, she has Adail pick them back up for her once it's time to gather them up again since he can see them and all. But don't need to see to scatter. And really, they're not his style and I would promptly forget I had them if they were mine to place, so it'd really be a waste.

Anyway, I'll take the Wand and three of the Dimensional Anchor scrolls. Nothing else there I want, and Adail has little use for mundane equipment as a rule.

All About Monks
<Marisa> They're OP as fuck
<Marisa> They definitely don't blow in 3.5
<Marisa> after a certain level they basically just attack repeatedly until it dies
<Marisa> they're immune to a bunch of high level effects
<Marisa> just by being monks

Dracos

Sorry for getting in the middle, to both of ye.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Loot from the small house:

A small pile of minor jewelry, rings and such from the bodies if you wish to take them.

Loot from the larger house:

1 sack of gold, found in a bedroom. It's all local coins from here and nearby kingdoms.
1 scroll of remove disease
Several message scrolls. You can read these at leisure once the house is dealt with.
3 sets of red armor and 3 scythes. Each one radiates magic if you care to take them.
<Afina> Forever.

Carthrat

I'm not taking stuff that was on the corpses of these people. The armor and scythes, though, I want to hold onto.

Anastasia

Scroll of cure disease was used by Adail.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Loot once identified and appraised by the Lady:

870 GP in local coins.
Message scrolls, read by Knight and posted over on the Gossip Board.
3 Bleeding Scythes: Scythes+2, wounding. Any creature struck by a Bleeding Scythe must make a DC 15 fort save or immediately be infected by the Bleeding Death. If held by any other than yugoloth or a follower of the Oinoloth, the scythe bestows a negative level. In addition, the holder must make a DC 15 fortitude save every hour or contract the Bleeding Death. The GP value is questionable, the Lady will destroy them as they're another source of the Bleeding Death. If you object say so here.
3 Profaned Armor: This armor is crafted of the fire-red scales of a chained beast deep within Hades. It functions as full plate+2 and grants a +3 profane bonus to all saving throws. When worn by any but a Yugoloth or a follower of the Oinoloth, it bestows two negative levels. The GP value is questionable again due to the negative levels, but there's no reason to trash these.
<Afina> Forever.

Dracos

No objection to trashing the scythes.

Not sure on the armor, but I suppose we can haul it around a while.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Mostigram: Greatsword+5. When wielded this weapon grants the wielder an insight bonus to armor class equal to his or her charisma modifier.

<Afina> Forever.