Mystery at Ussura - Session 6

Started by Dracos, November 22, 2009, 12:40:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

Nov 07 17:40:34 <Dracos>   Finishing off that set of guards, the pirates made their way through the cells, eventually coming to the prison cell of Isapa the wide, well named as they opened the door to a boisterous laugh from the bulbous fellow.  "Oh, ho, it is a bit early for a rescue...  and by foreigners from afar?  Bless my eyes."
Nov 07 17:43:13 <Leon>   "You don't seem surprised to see a rescue mounted for you?" Leon notes, amused.
ov 07 17:44:46 <Admiral_Dracos>   "The god of earth, Erasmutan, foretold your coming...  But I was hoping" He laughed, standing unsteadily, "That there would have been some foreign women among my rescuers.  That would've been a treat.  Now, now...I'm sure you're in a hurry...  but just who are you folks anyway?"
Nov 07 17:52:44 <Leon>   "Just some friends looking for possible answers and allies," Leon replies with a tip of his hat. "We were told you could provide us some assistance with some issue, and we're hoping it pans out, after the trouble these guards felt like putting us through."
Nov 07 17:54:00 <Carlos>   "I am Carlos Felipe Alejandro de Silva," Carlos replies.  "The lack of foreign women is most distressing.  If you can foretell the future, perhaps you can direct us to some.'
Nov 07 17:56:02 <Rolland>   "I agree. Your skills in locating the most prime location for such fortuitous meetings would be a welcom addition to us. I am Rolland d'Aiguillon, by the by."
Nov 07 17:56:09 *   Rolland bows to the man with a flourish.
Nov 07 17:56:30 <Admiral_Dracos>   "some issue?  That's awfully vague.  And here I was sure that the chieftain would've begged to help me out," He laughed.  "I like you folks.  You've got a good sense about you.  I'm all ready to go...so which way is out?"
Nov 07 17:57:00 <Leon>   "Yada yada yada, okay, we've introduced ourselves, let's skiddaddle. C'mon, let's go same way we came from," Leon replies as he sets off back in the direction they'd come form.
Nov 07 17:57:05 <Leon>   from*
Nov 07 17:57:20 <Rolland>   "Why, directly through the rather large contingent of guards headed straight for us, of course! Good times and glory to be had for all!"
Nov 07 17:57:54 <Leon>   "Eh, that's only if our escapee had time to get reinforcements yet. I doubt it," Leon comments.
Nov 07 17:58:22 <Leon>   "OF course, if we take our time to introduce Glubtz also, yeah, then we might need other escape routes..."
Nov 07 17:58:33 <Rolland>   "Ah, ye of little faith. When have we ever had such luck? Trust in experience, my good man. Trust in exeperience!"
Nov 07 18:03:25 <Admiral_Dracos>   "Well, if you're  going to get attacked and it's all the same to you, I'm fine with sitting here until the guards are dead," He smiled simply, getting ready to follow them out.
Nov 07 18:03:39 <Admiral_Dracos>   And indeed following Leon as they headed down the stairs to the floors below.
Nov 07 18:04:00 *   Leon leads back to that secret stairway, keeping an eye out for a returning guard and reinforcements.
Nov 07 18:04:23 <Rolland>   "Ah! But then, my good friend, you miss out on the excitement! And such excitement makes for a good tale for the woman in your lap, does it not?"
Nov 07 18:11:17 <Admiral_Dracos>   "Hahah, women like religion more than battle.  I'd say you're in the wrong business, but you're saving my ass, so who can say?" He laughed more, following down the amazingly empty corridors.
Nov 07 18:12:40 <Admiral_Dracos>   They made swift progress, arriving at their boat which thanks to their hired hands was ready to go.
Nov 07 18:12:57 <Rolland>   "Ah, friend, what a woman likes depends on what type. If you're concerned about it, why, pray for salvation and make the stories of battle into stories of battles in the name of your god!"
Nov 07 18:13:09 <Leon>   "Find any good stuff, men?" Leon asks as they get on the ship.
Nov 07 18:15:42 <Admiral_Dracos>   "Hah, what a strange boat...  Do folks ride on things like this where you're from?"  Isapa wondered.
Nov 07 18:15:57 <Admiral_Dracos>   "It's below, boss," One waved back to leon.  "Are we shipping out already?"
Nov 07 18:16:54 <Carlos>   'It seems wrong to leave without looting first."
Nov 07 18:16:55 <Leon>   "Excellent! We've got what -we- came for as well, so yes, it's time to ship out. Ready the sails, and let's get moving!" Leon answers as he looks over the crew. "No injuries, I hope?"
Nov 07 18:17:47 *   Rolland leaves to inspect and ready the few cannons they have, just in case..
Nov 07 18:20:34 <Admiral_Dracos>   The crew looked none the worse for wear.  It seemed they had really borne the brunt of it all.  As Rolland inspects, their zero cannons were in alright shape, the stored weaponry tied in the hull below, and accompanied by a handful of gold now as well.
Nov 07 18:22:51 <Leon>   "Let's fly, people!" Leon calls out with a grin.
Nov 07 18:27:27 <Admiral_Dracos>   Carlos took to the helm as they lifted off, their small vessel flying away, low against the tree cover as they escaped moonstone mountain with their purloined priest.  The air was delightful after so much time underground, and Isapa encouraged that they head right back to his village, to discuss Matters of Importance with the elder.  So, it was not long until their ship was circling above the Ussuran village of Ixa'tak
Nov 07 18:27:27 <Admiral_Dracos>   a.
Nov 07 18:32:21 <Leon>   "Alright, we don't have a way to land, so I hope you're comfortable going down a rope ladder, priest," Leon notes.
Nov 07 18:39:09 <Admiral_Dracos>   "I can climb.  I'm not as helpess as I may appear," He smiled. "But you first, of course."
Nov 07 18:40:43 <Admiral_Dracos>   The party made their way down into the village, reconvening in the chieftians hut, the old man looking quite amazed at Isapa's return.  "Isapa, your return harkens perhaps an opportunity to drive these heathen foreigners from our lands.  Do you know of the way to call down the anger of the gods upon them?"  He asked in seriousness.
Nov 07 18:41:39 <Admiral_Dracos>   "It's come to that has it...have they really gone so far?  No, don't answer that...but it will not be easy to get to."
Nov 07 18:44:52 <Rolland>   "And the anger of the gods would be.... What exactly?"
Nov 07 18:46:14 <Admiral_Dracos>   "A treasure from an era long past," Isapa's face was cold and serious all of a sudden.  "The very fist of Grendel, come from the earth to rend any invader aside."
Nov 07 18:50:12 <Admiral_Dracos>   "Even so, it is too dangerous.  They will be bored soon and leave our lands, Chieftain."
Nov 07 18:50:46 <Carlos>   "Dangerous?"
Nov 07 18:56:44 <Admiral_Dracos>   "It was sealed long ago by our ancestors, who invoked it.  To hold its power too long is become forgetful of the gods.  It is said that it turned to frivilous causes will draw the anger of the gods back upon its wielder."
Nov 07 19:01:54 *   Rolland rubs his chin..
Nov 07 19:02:20 <Rolland>   "Well.. *That* certainly is interesting.. Sounds like exactly what we need."
Nov 07 19:02:39 *   Leon just stands looking somewhat dazed and bored, dreaming of his dashing heroics as he allows Carlos and Rolland to do the talking. He's...delegating. Yeah. That's it.
Nov 07 19:03:59 <Admiral_Dracos>   "Need?"  Isapa's eyes narrowed.
Nov 07 19:04:43 *   Rolland nods.
Nov 07 19:06:09 <Rolland>   "Right now, you've got a count, with a personal army, combing through this forest for some kind of powerful item. I'm guessing this item either is, or is related to, your 'wrath of the gods.' You're out numbered, out gunned, and persued by someone with enough money and men to ferret it out eventually."
Nov 07 19:07:07 <Rolland>   "He's also eccentric and obsessed enough to spend the time to do it, too. So, what options does that leave you with? A enemy you can't really beat in a fight, and the inability to simply dodge until they get tired and go home."
Nov 07 19:08:15 <Rolland>   "If this thing is as powerful as you say it is, use it. Though, if it's as dangerous as you say, I'd have some kind of regulating system set up.."
Nov 07 19:08:28 *   Rolland shrugs.
Nov 07 19:08:56 <Admiral_Dracos>   The elder looked tired.  "We have little choice...  Isapa, can you lead a group of our strongest warriors to fetch the sacred relic of the gods?"
Nov 07 19:13:35 <Admiral_Dracos>   "It appears we have little choice.  It will be a long journey.  I will return as soon as possible...though..."  He turned and gazed over them.  "Perhaps you would lend me a hand again, travelers?"
Nov 07 19:13:57 <Rolland>   "Transport, eh?"
Nov 07 19:17:25 *   Carlos looks at the Captain.
Nov 07 19:20:14 <Leon>   "I'm fine with lending a hand. The faster we're done here, the faster we can move on and start our -other- rescue mission..."
Nov 07 19:21:39 <Carlos>   "I wonder is this weapon could be useful for freeing the others."
Nov 07 19:23:12 <Leon>   "I'd hope so, we don't have better options outside of re-enacting our stunt today and storming that prison..."
Nov 07 19:26:01 <Rolland>   "It *was* a good stunt, wasn't it?"
Nov 07 19:26:09 *   Rolland smiles and nods to himself.
Nov 07 19:26:25 <Admiral_Dracos>   "Well then...I will take them to the lost city of gold.  We will find it there," He smiled a bit at their valor.  "Are you ready to go now, or do you need to rest?" He eyed the somewhat battered group.
Nov 07 19:26:28 <Leon>   "True, it was. Not an unbreakable prison though."
Nov 07 19:26:50 <Rolland>   "Good warm up, though!"
Nov 07 19:28:39 <Carlos>   "A lost city of gold sounds interesting, but some rest first wouldn't hurt."
Nov 07 19:30:13 <Admiral_Dracos>   "I will have our tribe's doctor see to your wounds.  Stay here the night and recover what you may."  The elder offered, having them seen off to a small hut in the village, probably not far from the height of luxury really given what they'd seen.  The village though was dreadfully quiet and morbid as evening fell...
Nov 07 19:30:30 <Leon>   "Hrm, that's right. You came out hurting out of that fight. You have any village doctors around?"
Nov 07 19:30:43 *   Leon looks at the village elder.
Nov 07 19:31:40 <Carlos>   'I think you're the only one who didn't get hurt, Leon."
Nov 07 19:32:33 <Leon>   "Yeah, you and Glubtz just tend to have that moving target feel to you. It's one of the best reasons to keep you guys around," Leon notes with a grin.
Nov 07 19:36:07 <Rolland>   "While I'm flattered by your hospitality, I think we should rest on ship.. The crew needs supervision, after all."
Nov 07 19:44:03 <Admiral_Dracos>   "Well, whatever suits you.  I'm sure this place will be more cheerful once we've driven out these folks."  Isapa left them on their way.
Well, Goodbye.