"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

Char sheet advice/drafts/feedback

Started by Dracos, November 28, 2009, 08:29:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Navilee

Quote from: Merc on December 04, 2009, 08:17:18 PM
Hah =)

Edit: And yeah, it's a bit lame that you can't do archery with ToB maneuvers, unless you're a bloodstorm blade. Who admittedly does it very badass-ly.

I understand they're going for the whole 'awesomely magical swords- or other huge weapon-people' feel, but I think one focused on archery would have been a nice touch, too.  Of course, that might just be stealing some of the Arcane Archer's thunder....

Merc

Splatbook ideas for future (most of these are mentioned on sheet), as I can get access to them:

Feats:
- Ranged Weapon Mastery (PHBII 82). Jon approved this one in IRC, it's just the ranged version of melee weapon mastery that Nama is planning on getting.
- Weapon Familiar (RoE 130). Jon mentioned allowing me to get this as a feat, as I wanted to grab Retain Essense, the class feature this would have replaced, and he didn't like Item Familiar due to it being too complicated and number-crunchy. Would like to grab this when I have a chance, though RWM above seems more immediately important.

Items:
- Precise (MiC 40): +1 weapon enchant. It is essentially Precise Shot feat. Note: If I got this, could I still qualify for Master Thrower PrC from complete warrior? At level 10, I would like to go into this PrC for one level to grab deadeye shot, and one of the requiremets is the Precise Shot feat.
- Artificer's Monocle (MiC 72): Identify with knowledge (arcana) 5 ranks (which I have) or use class feature. Actually may not bother with this since Nama has built-in identify power.

Classes:
- At level 10, would want to go into Master Thrower, as said above. Complete Warrior, page 58

I do want to know if Jon is okay with the "combine effects and improving magic items" rules from MiC 233-234, as there are a few items that occupy same slot that I'd like to merge together. As an example, Circlet of Persuasion uses the head slot, same as Headband of Intellect. So I'd like to be able to combine effects as one item.

I'd also like to know Jon's thoughts on creating new warforged components as there's not a whole bunch of them or just homebrewed magic items in general. Examples are a +5 UMD item (various +5 skill items exist, going for 2500 gp market price) or better yet, something like an Essence of the Tinkerer, granting +5 UMD and +5 Spellcraft (or something like that. It'd be similar to Essence of the Guard or Essence of the Scout, which are warforged components going for 5000gp or 6250 gp, but flavored towards artificing instead of spot/listen or move silently/hide).

EDIT: Yeeeeeeaah. So I really do want a UMD boosting item after this.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Namagomi

Right.  Posting this here on the basis that I want to put my progression ideas down somewhere, and this felt like the best place to do so.  Stats are up to 12, since at that point things would go large-scale.

Average HP/level: 7.5

PP by level (natural INT only)
7:63
8:78
9:94 (Benchmark: Weapon becomes +4 over 80 PP)
10:113
11:133 (Benchmark: Weapon becomes +5 over 130 PP)
12:162 (Assuming both points go into INT: large boost here)

EAB/level(Assuming no buffs, full PP, natural STR):
7:+13
8:+16 (Melee Weapon Mastery this level)
9:+18 (Weapon becomes +4)
10:+19
11:+21(Weapon becomes +5)
12:+22

Feats/level:
8:Melee Weapon Mastery(Slashing)
9B(Warblade):Unnerving Calm, Quick Draw, or Blind Fight
10:<Undecided>
10B(Psion):<Undecided, possibly Delay Power or another take of Priveleged Energy>
12:<Undecided>

EWD/level(Assuming no change in equipment, full PP, natural STR, no buffs, no flank, no PA, basic attack):
7:2d4+8
8:2d4+10
9-10:2d4+11
11+:2d4+12

Desired Combat Power Options by power level:
4th:Energy Ball, Inertial Barrier
5th:Energy Current, Fiery Discorporation
6th:Disintegrate, Null-Psi Field, Temporal Acceleration, Inconstant Location

Desired Noncombat Power Options by power level:
4th:Trace Teleport
5th:True Seeing
6th:Contingency