News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Loot thread

Started by Sierra, December 05, 2009, 10:22:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

1 wealth subtracted for Brunilda's lab, fully-equipped, to be placed by the hangar in London.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

I'm assuming at some point over the week Erin used ID on the things you picked up last time.

Coruscating Sphere: This clear crystal sphere is just the right size to rest in the palm of a person's hand. The crystal is shot through with a bundle of silver filaments that glow slightly when you focus on the object. In places the metal lights only fitfully, flickering and fading. The object's primary function is obviously illumination, though extensive use, age and neglect have drained it considerably. It's difficult to estimate how much continued use will extinguish it completely. Under normal operation, the sphere emits soft white light to a radius of sixty feet. The sphere's radiant emissions may also be narrowed to a beam, though this is energy-intensive and also hazardous to anyone it's pointed at--the wielder may use this to make a ranged touch attack that deals 3d8 points of magical damage to a single target.

The Smith's Gloves of Perfect Insulation: These gloves, which fit snugly and extend to the average wearer's elbows, are made from a red, rubbery substance that is thin enough not to hinder the wearer's manual dexterity. When worn, the wearer may freely handle material possessing extreme heat or coldness, an electrical charge, or corrosive qualities without any harm coming to her hands. This does not extend any general elemental resistance or immunity to the wearer--she is merely able to pick up and manipulate such hazardous materials safely.

Sierra

As everyone's gathering in their room in the temple, a message comes in across the communications orb. It's Hazel:

"Uh, how does this thing work? Anybody hearing me here? This is weird, I can see where you are, where--oh, never mind. I don't really care. So look, the nun showed up at Myriam's place and we had it out there. Right now Rena's, uh, recovering from bleeding all over the place. Christ, I don't know what happened, woman just touches her and cuts open up everywhere. We got her, though. Myriam--I thought Miss Justine was good, but I swear this woman didn't even need us here to get things done. And that goon that follows her around runs out in armor like it's the dark ages or something. I dunno. Anyway, we got this nun alive. I didn't care too much about that really, but Rena went out of her way to beat her senseless instead of killing her. Myriam's got her locked away in magic restraints or something. Hopefully it'll hold better than the last set of ropes she busted out of. She's...not real happy, to put it mildly. First there was a lot of yelling, now she mostly glares a lot when someone walks by. You might want to get back here soon if you want to try and get anything out of her. I mean, she's not getting any saner. Can't say I like being around her much. It's like being a bug looking up at something that wants to squash you.

"Anyway, Rena wants to go home and rest, so that's where we're headed right now. She said I could use Sayuri's room, which I guess is better than going to another hotel. Just 'cause it's free, I mean, that's all. Bye."