News:

"Our arrogance is our power."

Main Menu

Miscellania

Started by Anastasia, December 10, 2009, 03:24:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

A split twinned enervation is an effective lvl10 spells, so I dunno if it's excessive for that. Compared to what, Nailed to the Sky?  >_>

Too tired to seriously answer your questions, I'll try to get to that tomorrow.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

Quote from: Corwin on March 08, 2010, 05:10:55 PM
A split twinned enervation is an effective lvl10 spells, so I dunno if it's excessive for that. Compared to what, Nailed to the Sky?  >_>

Too tired to seriously answer your questions, I'll try to get to that tomorrow.

It's all very relative, to be honest. That's a whole other discussion though!
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Ebiris

1. What will you primarily be doing during this time?

Recruiting people to come live in Sylica and organising them when they get there. Getting advice from those with experience on how to best develop my new power base.

2. Who will you be doing it with?

The lovely angelic trio of Anty, Latha, and Syala.

3. Where will you be doing it?

Sylica itself, Mount Celestia, Elysium, Arborea, and Ysgard.

4. How will you be doing it?

Visiting deities and planar lords whom I have friendly relations with to ask for advice and talk up the benefits of them letting their followers know Sylica is a cool place to live. Directly approaching friendly individuals to offer them roles in Sylica, and getting them to spread the word even if they choose not to come over themselves.

In particular, the planar lords/deities Alicia would approach are Barachiel (already done IC), Pistis Sophia, Raziel (assuming Latha can swing an introduction), Queen Morwel, Gwynharwyf, Mystra, and Empress Sulia.

Individuals I'd like to personally recruit are Strength of Light, Lady Honeydip, Spawn of Jormungandr, Hopiel, and Jamais. I'd also ask Mial to do some PR work for us in Brightwater, but wouldn't actually try and poach Sulia's reformed succubus.

Marie, Latha, Syala, and Dawnhope hopefully have cool friends of their own they can approach directly.

Once I actually have people coming into Sylica, I'll set up my cabinet/bureaucracy to get into the details of actually running a small country, assigning people jobs and duties as befits their skills.

5. Why will you be doing it?

Sylica right now is a pretty but empty shell. By growing its population and establishing it as a legitimate interplanar power, it will become a secure base with which to fight against evil and help the innocent, granting resources to affect things on a scale far beyond what any individual hero can accomplish.

6. What will you be keeping your eye on during the timeskip?

I'll still visit my friends and family on the prime such as Darlina, Taldeer, Rosamund, the Reyneses, and of course everyone in Balmuria.

Around the first month of Spring I'll stop by Kesse to make sure Winter isn't overstaying its welcome. If it is I'll have words with Snowflake.

I'll finish up furnishing and warding the secret library Copy-Alicia lives at.

7. What will you be looking at once it ends?

Breaking another seal on Daa-vid's cage.

Corwin

Dune note: Edited in each question for my ease of use.

1. What will you primarily be doing during this time?

Focusing on training. I've neglected some spells, so there's lots of them to scribe and practice with. There's also a new metamagic threshold that I've just crossed, so the break is used to cement its use.

Focusing on solidifying my position. I'd like to continue what I've done with Mechanus with any favorable powers that I actually like, while designating myself as the primary contact for the Guard. Nothing nearly as extensive as Alicia, as my goal is mostly the establishment of mutual defense pacts where possible and streamlining diplomatic matters, with an information-gathering (ie spying) network being formed on an interplanar scale.

Searching for a suitable base of power on Astral, where unclaimed things can be found if you look hard enough. Hopefully, I could narrow it down enough to pursue this IC afterwards.

Taking a vacation with Amaryl. We're overdue another of those, and why not take it together? I'd suggest we just travel the world incognito for a while, rather than explore past the horizon this time around, and help out where we can along the way.

Devoting some time to Pallanth. If there's anything I could do for the land, or for my family and its closest friends there specifically, time and effort will certainly be invested.

Focusing on my allies and proteges. Those who need some extra training in any area will get it. Those who are cool and are finally ready to play on a larger playing field would get that chance by accompanying me on any of the above, if they so wish.

2. Who will you be doing it with?

Related to that last paragraph, both people I've adventured before, and people who have ties to me and deserve a chance. I intend to see if there's another promising mage like Abagail, if more astral devas are ready to follow Waukeen's banner to help spread her will on Prime.

3. Where will you be doing it?

In order of significance: Balmuria. Pallanth. Allied planes. Astral.

4. How will you be doing it?

Personal visits for the most part, study with Elle and other mages for the arcane part. The specifics for establishing diplomatic relations (and a bit extra) would follow the Mechanus precedent. All that needs to happen is a reasonable offer that benefits both sides, and good will between both parties. When personal effort on my side is further put into it, I see potential for success.

5. Why will you be doing it?

I want to have a solid reason to be better at magic, and this would reflect my shift from the physical/melee to the arcane (with the physical part essentially moving over to the alternate form).

I want to have a first rate intelligence network. The benefits are obvious, and I know many people who have their own sources of information, yet they aren't actually on best terms between one another and lack a reason to share it this way. If I succeed, I could collate quite a bit.

Because I was lying when I said I was stopping at the goal of becoming a dragon, and any deity needs a proper realm. Even if it's some castoff realm.

Because she's the the waifu! And because I like helping people.

Because it's my home, just as Balmuria.

Because I feel it might be my last chance, and I don't want to have any regrets.

6. What will you be keeping your eye on during the timeskip?

Kesse, via Agathaiel, my personal representative there. J could also help deliver alerts to me via her magic, if their combined ability cannot handle whatever issue might pop up.

Sylica, because it's Alicia's realm. It would be the first place I'll implement the Gemjump plan, so that once I've crossed through the portal into Sylica, I could teleport instantly to the mountain Alicia provided to me regardless of whether I have a teleportation spell available.

Fiendish movements, in particular towards Prime or our allies.

The ruins, in case some idiot decides to head there.

The Desert Fiefdoms and Kelara. I don't intend to get involved nearly as much as with (1), but I basically want to ensure the public works projects proceed smoothly in the former, and that the ground is ready in the latter for a temple to Waukeen and subsequent joining of the place to the TP Circle network.

The Wastes. Seeing if there's progress, learning how to duplicate it from EARTH if it does take place.

EDIT: This probably should be here, even if it depends on something that hasn't happened yet. I wanted to present Waukeen's new scripture before the break, and if that is made possible, I'd like to follow up on that during said break to help guide Waukeen's faith towards where I think it should be.

7. What will you be looking at once it ends?

I want to put a V mark next to the underwater rune, but the ruins and breaking a seal is right there on the list after it. Another matter is following a lead/my research on Astral for anything that would suit me. If Eb prefers the ruins before all else, I don't mind at all.

(1) and (6) perhaps have a lot, but I'm assuming much of it won't take time. Quite a lot is either supervision, or can be done together (I could surely strengthen my ties with Abagail and travel throughout Astral at the same time, and it'd even work out better, I figure; Donald might enjoy visiting a CG heaven together, etc.)

Corwin

Abby's book from Mechanus, reminder, etc.

Anastasia

Okay, schedule. I'm looking to get up an info post and update things sometime tomorrow. I'm hoping to resume Balmuria Saturday or Sunday, depending on how things go. Monday isn't out of the question if I get delayed, but no later than that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Ko note: Crystal bracelets.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Made a semi-decent capstone for Antenora's ED, let me know what you two think. On another note, Eb/Cor, have you decided on your appearance changes yet?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

Not a huge fan of sanctify the wicked, but we can assume there's lots of exciting RP and conversion under the hood while Anty absorbs the bad guys before she spits them out all reformed. It's super high level and she's an NPC so it's not like there's any risk of her abusing it.

Anastasia

Quote from: Ebiris on March 12, 2010, 01:57:50 PM
Not a huge fan of sanctify the wicked, but we can assume there's lots of exciting RP and conversion under the hood while Anty absorbs the bad guys before she spits them out all reformed. It's super high level and she's an NPC so it's not like there's any risk of her abusing it.

To get to the point of atonement requires a fair bit of RP to begin with, so yeah. Unless it's a case of finding someone who already wants it and just hasn't found someone who can do it, anyway.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

We'll resume tomorrow or Sunday. I won't know about which until late tonight, depending on how my prep goes.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

I'm toying with making the int you gain from the inherent enhancement bonus of your EDs providing skill points, unlike normal boosters, since they're very much a part of you all the time. Thoughts?
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Ebiris

I don't particularly care either way. Unless it's retroactive it won't have a huge impact on our skills. I'll probably be dropping my human bonus skill points as another price of power, so it'll counter that neatly.

Anastasia

We'll do that then.

---

Okay, once I line your EDs up and analyze them, I'll ask for final changes. Then I'll want final drafts posted, probably tomorrow. Heads up.
<Afina> Forever.