News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Exotic RP Systems and Settings

Started by Dracos, September 06, 2010, 09:42:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

I wonder, what are some that folks have come across.  That are amusing that is, and not FATAL.  I know Dune's run some Maid system.  Here's something vaguely amusing that someone linked a bit ago, trying to get Touhou into D&D.  Wacky that.

http://gensod20.host-ed.net/index.html
Well, Goodbye.

Edward

Oddest one that I have is Creeks and Crawdads. You play semi-intelligent crawdads, the most advanced species remaining after WWIII. The examples of play are hilarious.
If you see Vampire Hikaru Shidou, it is Fox.  No one else does that.  You need no other evidence." - Dracos

"Huh? Which rant?" - Gary

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Servitor of the Outer Gods with your ineffective Thompson Submachine Gun." - grimjack

Anastasia

Seconding the various attempts to force Touhou into D&D, be it 3rd or 4th edition.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Dracos

Well, Goodbye.

Jon

Dogs in the Vineyard: you play itinerant Mormon preachers casting demons out of people. Actually quite fun with the right group.
Truth and Justice: A superhero game without hitpoints; instead, damage is applied to your skills and powers. So a punch can quite literally cause you to lose some of your Outdoorsman skill, Criminal attribute, or Darkvision power.
Anger of Angels: basically a port of In Nomine to D&D3.5
Dawn of Worlds: a collaborative dice-driven game the end result of which is a newly-created campaign setting for a fantasy RPG
Fireborn: reincarnated dragons engage in magic-fueled martial arts in modern London while undergoing flashbacks to their former lives