News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Okay, you guys have a bit of loot and a bit of time. Anything any of you want to do IC?

Andrea can go visit Vayth to tie that up, anything else like that? The next day or two may be small single or dual PC things. If you want to talk to any one person or focus on something, say so.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

I'll go with Andrea to talk with Vayth. I'll bring my goons along too.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Corwin

It might be fun to visit my temple! Maybe even with someone, if they feel like tagging along? I also considered briefly checking on the drunk friend we've made to see that she's holding up alright, but it can be summarized if you'd like?
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Ebiris

Checking up on Lisanne to ensure she remains woman who we can hear roar would be nice. Janson is also good for chumming Aaeru to her temple, otherwise hanging about the shop with Sylvie could be fun.

Merc

My only plan is to go to Vayth right now, really.
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

Anastasia

1. Andrea and Wayland go talk to Vayth, Noel and Branna are brought along.
2. Aaeru and Janson go visit The House of Suffering and then Lisanne, or vice versa.
3. Janson visits on Sylvie.

Okay.

Two rooms tomorrow, we'll see how all those sort out.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Woah, that avatar is a flashback, Merc-ury.
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

Heh, I often cycle back to Ami or Makoto.

Anastasia

Casual question, guys. So far much of the game has been 'do this, go here' stuff and setting up the city/background/people. What things do you want to do on a lower scale? Do you have any goals? Things you'd like to RP or interact with?
<Afina> Forever.

Ebiris

I'd like to get to know Sylvie better, a Selunite party sounds like it could be a blast, and the background stuff mentioned a grove in the Western Reaches where people are rumoured to disappear but animals love to congregate there, which sounds like just the sort of thing for a nature-focused guy who can talk to animals to check out.

Corwin

Getting to know Josa and Sylvie better is a fun enough goal, though I don't think I'll pursue it as strongly as Janson. If they don't seem like they find my company fun outside of a business framework, I'll drop it. If not, fun.

The Selunite party is indeed something I think we could all enjoy, and speaking of background, it might be a good opportunity to offer Neveril a chance to visit. I see that working far better than just doing something privately, and would show fairly well if our premade backgrounds integrate well into the actual game.

I've gotten the name of the mage working with mephits below the city, and would like to meet him in the near future. I'd also like to study up on mephits and on the laws covering their existence in Balmuria beforehand, to be better-informed. It's an interesting enough aspect of the city to draw me in.

And I still want to finish the tour of the temples at some point. We seem to be visiting them one at a time, which is perfect and the way I like it. My point is more that I would like the trend to continue, and should it halt for a while, I'd like to initiate said visits myself. It's nice to meet the people there, and be confronted with their beliefs. Few things help you identify yourself as those who are different from you, and at the same time one can always stand to learn new things.

In the context of actual personal goals, I presently have none that go beyond generic 'aid and comfort' as my background suggests I contribute to Ilmater's temple. I pretty much assume that I spend the time I'm not in the sweets shop or occupied with a job there during the day, doing what I can. That sort of counts as a goal, but it's also largely off screen.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I nod to both of you and gnaw on Merc/Yuth to post!

---

If any of you are going to do any last minute shopping, post it here before the session. Yuth, are you bringing Noel/Branna along? I haven't seen you have them around lately, but I'd like to be sure. Any other last minute prep, you guys?
<Afina> Forever.

Merc

I'd like to interact a bit more with different people from Balmuria so it does feel like Andrea is actually someone from there. Definitely want to know Josa/Sylvie better, given hey, they're work-related acquaintances, and all. Things to do...I dunno, I'm mostly just following along with things as they drop by. I don't really have anything I particularly want Andrea to -do- objective-wise, besides just flesh her out more as a citizen of Balmuria (and well, as a character, obviously).

As for shopping, Andrea's not planning to buy anything at the moment.

Anastasia

Merc said he's around tomorrow and was offering to play if we're all up to it. Now ideally I'll be home from some personal stuff in time to take advantage of this, if all us are. If not, not.  We'll see how it develops.
<Afina> Forever.

Yuthirin

I won't be around. Got plans. Hell, I'm tied up all weekend.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?