Odds and ends

Started by Anastasia, September 09, 2010, 04:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yuthirin

Whoops, forgot that, thanks.

Edit: No I didn't, it's under Class Features.
What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

Well yeah, but it's a feat so could you add it to feats? I don't really want to have go diving around to find all your feats.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Posted three houserules about Chameleon.

The first is allowing Jack of All Trades to serve as the feat pre-requisite. Both that and Able Learner are addressing the same general idea, so I'm fine with this. As an aside, if you find yourself in this sort of situation with another PrC, talk to me and we'll see if we can do anything about it.

The second is the previously discussed rule about spell levels and chameleons. As a complete aside, holy fuck did someone do drugs when they designed trapsmith? That class is a Chameleon or Archivist orgasm in PrC form.

The third deals with the Chameleon's floating feat. This one should be obvious, but I'm putting it there to prevent shenanigans.

---

This campaign is turning deadlier and deadlier, so I'm inclined to go Chameleon with Sylvie. I try and tailor NPCs to the power level of the game, and since this is proving to be quite the lethal campaign? Yeah.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Added a new banned spell to the house rules: Find the Gap. It's basically a remixed wraithstrike.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

General note for Cor: The rest of the party leveled up, I'll deal with that for you when you're back from vacation. Don't mess with it until then and after we talk. This doesn't mean anything bad, just wanna keep my shit organized.
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

Man, every time you say it's nothing bad I bet that's the first reflex everyone gets! Anyway, that's cool. I might catch you around the 29-30th.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Anastasia

I know, right?

Also mental note: Resume leveling characters up at Neveril tonight. Got Sylvie'n'Josa done. Also rework Yuria and post her.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Holding off on leveling Neveril for the moment, I want to talk to Cor about a few things with her first and run down options. Cor, feel free to post any preferences for her development, since I wanted to talk to you about that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Irony: Sylvie ended up not messing with Ardent Dilettante, but Balyss found it killer useful for some skill pre-req issues. I admit I like it's flavor for her, as Selunites know how to party and feel things. I can totally see her in that.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Adept changes:

Adepts are a catchall for minor casters who do not specialize in any one field or take magic study to higher heights.

Adepts may now choose between intelligence, wisdom and charisma at 1st level. This stat is used as their core casting stat, once chosen it cannot be changed.

At 2nd level and every even level thereafter, the adept gains the following ability:

Advanced Learning (Ex): At 2nd, 4th and every even level thereafter, an adept can add a new spell to his list, representing the result of personal study and experimentation. The spell may come from any list, but it must fit in with the themes of spells already on the adept's list, and of a level no higher than that of the highest-level spell the adept already knows. Once a new spell is selected, it is forever added to that adept's spell list and can be cast just like any other spell on the adept's list.

The DM has final say on if a spell fits into the adept's spell list.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Yuria's posted. A few notes about her.

1. Wall of Smoke is justified by her getting Wall of Fire later on. Get the joke? Eagles Splendor makes sense since they get three stat buffers as it is.

2. Toughness is a placeholder feat, I'm probably going to change it. Right now I have no idea on a PrC or further build with her.

3. She originally had 16 wis, but that doesn't fit her at all so I switched it to charisma for full blonde mode.

Edit: I forgot to do her skills. >_< Editing those in as I look at PrC options.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also, it's terrible that I glance at her and she can make it into divine oracle next level, and it would be good for her.

>_<
<Afina> Forever.

Corwin

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SuspiciouslySpecificDenial , etc
Neve-wise, sure. My own advancement is likely to be as planned, paragon/paladin, but I'd like to meet the family before it, I guess.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake