News:

"I sense a soul in search of answers.  I shalt eat him."

Main Menu

In Too Deep...?

Started by Dracos, October 08, 2010, 12:01:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dracos

:P  Kitchy title.  Mmm, kind of irreverent but, just nosing around it since there was all that yammering on depth lately.  We've just hit what is a pretty serious twist in a character.   Bunch of ways it could go.  DM has a big say in where it will of course...

But just curious nikkolai's opinion of where he'd like to take it, in the absence of pressure otherwise.  Where are ye hoping to take the character?  Tossing out a few roads I see.

It seems like one road that's suggested is the hand-wave road where Nikkolai is sent along with us as a traveling servant of lich.  Likely with lich-ventures being a continued part of the game continuing on.  Somehow while this seems the most likely taken, it also seems the least real, at least at a glance.

Another road is a break with the past.  Kam, and likely Yulia, will probably tug this way.  Sure you made a promise, but you've lied before, and not yet been bound to it.  Of course, this probably won't leave a happy lich behind, probably increasing the likelihood that you'll get your end combat.  Or maybe not.  Maybe she'll simply call it not worth the bother now that she has her things back...and go torment others. :P  But a real break from the past would be accepting that nikkolai isn't responsible for every evil deed that the lich does.

Another road is the dark vengence martyry one.  Breaking with the party following whatever adventure we take here, going solo to try and get closer to the lich, to study her ways, find an opening, and kill her.  Of course, that's more new character territory since the party couldn't follow.

Of course there's also rally the troops kind of deal, but some of us would be resistant to that.  It's brute force instead of trickery.

just curious what nikki would choose.  Not the least of which is it's more fun sometimes playing collectively toward a goal.

edit: And yes, I know this is just with the view we have now.  Lots of other stuff going on behind Dune's DM screen.  Not saying things will go any which way, just sort of curious.
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

On the troops thing, are you against it IC or OOC? She's shown no qualms about raising armies against us, I don't mind escalating. <_<

Personally I think this is better worked out through IC conversations, the situation is rather complex and requires everyone to make very personal decisions.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Dracos

OOC I think the raising armies thing is not a bad idea.  IC Kam sort of goes with what he's said.  Lich may be wicked, but survival is a higher first priority, helping others is a pretty decent second, and he's already extracted removing one kid from her influence as part of it.  He's pretty much fine with letting others know there is a powerful lich there and otherwise holding to 'let's never meet again'.  She's a dangerous foe, and without her overtly harming people (and with nikkolai potentially choosing a martyr route) less incentivized to go hunting 'because its evil'.  EIther way though, an agreement of peace is pretty strong terms for adail and kam.

Mmm, somewhat agree, somewhat still think it's well...smacks of a scene that can be very cool various ways and if we each go a different way on it, won't be much at all.  aside though, not trying to be too pushy.  It is acceptable to say 'I'd rather not say'. :P
Well, Goodbye.

Carthrat

I guess we must decide if we intend to oppose her later or not soon, and we can only do that via IC discussion. Depending on the answer, how we deal with her in the interim will differ.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up