News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

In Too Deep

Started by Brian, June 20, 2004, 06:46:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian

Phil leaves the lorekeeper's quarters, Radagast pressing a note into his hands on his way out.  "Please hand this to the guards," he says.  "It's permission for our new allies to walk the grounds."

After that, the note is exchanged for Phil's sword, and he's free to roam the keep once more.
I handle other fanfic authors Nanoha-style.  Grit those teeth!  C&C incoming!
Prepare to be befriended!

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos yawned a bit after finishing that and headed back to the storm-riders camp, keeping an eye out for Nathan or Bjorn if they are out, but not specifically going out of his way to find them.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

You're not far outside of the keep (past Ekim's forge, where he's hard at work, with Serril watching over his shoulder), when Derrick runs out of the keep behind you and calls your name: "Lord Bloom!"

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos turns, taking in who is calling him and putting a friendly look on his face.  "Yes, Derrick?"

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Derrick looks around as though to make sure no one is listening in.  "Can I ask you a question?" he asks, somewhat nervously.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos eyes about quickly, checking the same before nodding. "Certainly."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"I'd like to know more about this Contest," he says, glancing about and motioning you to follow as he heads back to his golem.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

Dracos nods.  "Sure, what I know, I'm willing to share within reason."  Dracos turns and walks with him for a bit, prepared to switch to conversing about the golem if he spots anyone nearby.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"Well, I wanted to know ... you ... why are you in this Contest?  What's it all about?" Derrick asks.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Long answer is a bit too long to easily explain here.  The short of it is though a friend of mine got caught up in it in a way he can't easily get out of.  Even if he wanted to turn around and leave the whole thing behind, he can't really.  I don't have so many friends that I willingly turn my back on one in trouble.  So I'm in it for the long run as well.  And what's it all about.  Seems to be power, but there's no way that's all there is in it."  Dracos shrugged.

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"But, you said this was about the world," Derrick says, frowning.  "What was that?"

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"It is.  The contest is held in the dreams of myths about the world.  Those who win it get the earth to agree with their goals, their way of thinking.  They change how the world is.  There's something more to it, but I'm not sure of it yet."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

"Change the world by killing people?" Derrick asks.

~exploding tag~

Dracos

"Talking about Pax? Doesn't make much sense on face.  But then, at the same time it kind of does.  It's pruning the weak so that the race itself is stronger.  Fewer stronger people battling for the same amount of resources would result in even stronger people.  If only the strong survived, the race that would be produced would be stronger the next generation.  It'd be mandating the development of humankind.  Also, this is a land of dreams, a shield created by belief I think against something.  With more people, there tends to be less belief in the supernatural.  In things like the realm of hades.  In miracles.  In heroes.  After disasters, those who survive tend to make new beliefs, new dreams, etc.  Hum, bleh.  I still think I am missing a part of that.  Something just off.  I think the contest itself is meant to strengthen the dreams like this one, but that wouldn't work in context of what was done with the dreadmarch here.  That would end the dream rather than preserve or strengthen it.  Sorry, I'm still puzzling through this myself."

Dracos
Well, Goodbye.

Brian

Derrick nods.  "And your plans are to try to avoid anyone dying?" he asks.

~exploding tag~