News:

It is a very sunny day.

Main Menu

Schooltime Gossip (Feedback)

Started by Dracos, January 23, 2011, 03:24:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anastasia

Sundays are semibooked for me as well so those are out anyway, forgot to mention.
<Afina> Imagine a tiny pixie boot stamping on a devil's face.
<Afina> Forever.

<Yuthirin> Afina, giant parasitic rainbow space whale.
<IronDragoon> I mean, why not?

Sierra

Anastasia

I'm leaning towards Tuesday if possible, may as well use the old Planar spot if we can all make it. No decision immediately, waiting on Zeph to say something.
<Afina> Forever.

Anastasia

Also some questions for Iddy.

1. What's your new character like?

2. What's he do on a day to day basis?

3. Does he have any family? Friends? Responsibilities?

4. Could you describe him a little bit, so we start with an idea of what to expect?
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Quote1. What's your new character like?
Hmm.. Typical kid, I suppose. Grew up in a fairly traditional family, but when his power revealed itself, the family simply viewed him as abnormal. While they didn't quite disown him, he quickly found himself living on his own in one of the smaller properties his family owns. While he can't ever quite escape his traditional upbringing, this has caused him to become a little irreverent of rules.

Quote2. What's he do on a day to day basis?
Typically goes to school during the day, but isn't part of any clubs. His extra time is spent exploring, teleporting to new and interesting places, and expanding the number of safe houses he has. He even has a few in other countries.

Quote3. Does he have any family? Friends? Responsibilities?
His family has separated themselves from him, though hasn't totally disowned him. His friends are few and far between, mostly polite acquaintances. His only responsibility is keeping his grades passing, and not to make a spectacle of himself, in an effort to avoid being totally disowned.

Quote4. Could you describe him a little bit, so we start with an idea of what to expect?
He's fairly respectful and obeys all common courtesies, but doesn't necessarily go out of his way to help anyone unless there's a reason for him to. He's not inherently selfish, but to avoid any more issues with his family, there needs to be a clear benefits for him. He's a fairly relaxed 'under the radar' type of guy, with no real sense of consequences, because he can typically do whatever he wants and teleport away before it becomes a problem.
This is not the greatest post in the world, no... this is just a tribute.

Zephyrus

Traditional Planar time is good for me as well. Saturdays have just been cursed for me. Since I'll be working a new job that doesn't require me to get to bed at 9 PM, pretty much anything is good. Morning weekends are doable as well.

Anastasia

Fantastic!

Can we all make this Tuesday then? If not we'll start next Tuesday after that, I can't fault people for not making a session with short notice.
<Afina> Forever.

Zephyrus

I honestly couldn't tell you right now. I may or may not be doing one last week at Toyota before I start at ACS and if I do, there's no way I can survive on two hours of sleep. I'll let you know asap.

Anastasia

<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

Zephyrus

I will be able to make it. So...yeah. Awesome.

Dracos

Read, understood.

7:00 or 7:30 on tuesday?

Either way I'll be there.
Well, Goodbye.

Anastasia

Quote from: Iron Dragoon on April 03, 2011, 03:24:14 AMHmm.. Typical kid, I suppose. Grew up in a fairly traditional family, but when his power revealed itself, the family simply viewed him as abnormal. While they didn't quite disown him, he quickly found himself living on his own in one of the smaller properties his family owns. While he can't ever quite escape his traditional upbringing, this has caused him to become a little irreverent of rules.

Sounds a bit like a rich kid.

QuoteTypically goes to school during the day, but isn't part of any clubs. His extra time is spent exploring, teleporting to new and interesting places, and expanding the number of safe houses he has. He even has a few in other countries.

He sounds ike a real loner already, and reading the next answer confirms that. Is he isolated because of his personality and choices, or because of his powers?

QuoteHis family has separated themselves from him, though hasn't totally disowned him. His friends are few and far between, mostly polite acquaintances. His only responsibility is keeping his grades passing, and not to make a spectacle of himself, in an effort to avoid being totally disowned.

A public spectacle, I assume?

QuoteHe's fairly respectful and obeys all common courtesies, but doesn't necessarily go out of his way to help anyone unless there's a reason for him to. He's not inherently selfish, but to avoid any more issues with his family, there needs to be a clear benefits for him. He's a fairly relaxed 'under the radar' type of guy, with no real sense of consequences, because he can typically do whatever he wants and teleport away before it becomes a problem.

Sounds about right. Trouble doesn't stick when you can vanish halfway across the world if need be.
<Afina> Forever.

Iron Dragoon

QuoteSounds a bit like a rich kid.

Not really. They're well enough off to be able to afford a few small properties, but not incredibly rich. They can afford to support him, but he doesn't get enough to really live in luxury.

Edit: Their ability to do so is pretty much dependent upon the other properties being rental properties.

QuoteHe sounds ike a real loner already, and reading the next answer confirms that. Is he isolated because of his personality and choices, or because of his powers?

It's less because of his powers, and more because he knows he's on thin ice with his family. In an effort to prevent any types of confrontations or problems, he's avoided standing out. He's still made a few friends, but they're more the polite 'at school' friends.

QuoteA public spectacle, I assume?

Yes, that's what he wants to avoid. If he either excels, or fails horribly, he'll get attention. While he doesn't necessarily like being in the position he's in, he's smart enough to know if he pushes his family, they'll cut him off. So in the mean time, he'll simply coast along and make as few waves as possible.

QuoteSounds about right. Trouble doesn't stick when you can vanish halfway across the world if need be.

Yep. When he *does* act out, or needs to really cut loose and vent or relax, he makes *damn sure* to do it far away from where anyone might link him back to his family and cause problems.

Dracos

Mmm, Aisutori probably qualifies as rich kid, though it might never come up.  It's a bit mentioned in her background.

Mmm, so how is Iddy joining us?  I somewhat assume we're not retconning him in if he's historically been a loner (since how can you be a loner with a group of cheerful friends.  We'll Usagi you~!)

Transfer student?  Attack target for whatever reason (Something to motivate him)?  I mean just being supernatural wouldn't be enough for us to say 'come along', since supernatural isn't exactly rare, assuming he didn't express that he wanted to come along (which would make things easier).
Well, Goodbye.