News:

"The truth is stranger than fiction, but not stranger than fanfiction."

Main Menu

038.2 Andrea and Wayland

Started by Corwin, March 14, 2011, 04:20:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[19:19] <Kotono> After visiting the garrison Sylvie and Janson manage to dissapear for a bit. This leaves Josa and Wayland who return to Whimiscal Sweets. Not much is honestly happening - Wayland is resting upstairs a moment, while Josa goes through and checks the closet, making a shopping list of supplies. As this happens, Andrea and Simmer return, coming on upstairs.
[19:22] <Andria> "Josa, good, I wanted to talk to you..." Andrea starts, waving at Wayland as she approaches.
[19:23] <Wayland> "Oh, Josa. I wanted to say, I have this alchemical fire that I bought a while back and wound up not needing it. Would you like it for the closet? Hey, Andrea." Wayland nods.
[19:24] <Kotono> "By all means, just make sure it's sealed tightly," Josa looks up from the closet, absentminded. "Ah, Andrea!" He nods, "How was your heavy-hearted duty?"
[19:27] <Andria> "Rough...but that's also what I wanted to talk to you about. Olan plans to go to Valandia to see if the clerics of Lathander can do for Brent what Ilmater did for Wayland," Andrea explains. "I-it's a bit of a longshot, I know, but I want to accompany him, in case there's anything I can do to help."
[19:30] <Kotono> Josa's nod is a long, considered one. "I see, I see. The whims of eternal fate guide you through the drawstrings of your maiden's heart."
[19:32] <Andria> "You missed your true calling as a bard, Josa," Andrea says with a light smile. "But yes, I know we were planning to take a little bit of time off to recover, but I wanted to check in and take a slightly longer break for this trip."
[19:32] * Wayland stares at Josa a bit, bewildered.
[19:35] <Kotono> "Ah, forever did I try, but alas it seems the Elf-Father gave me the singing voice of an ogre." Josa shakes his head back and forth, giving Wayland a momentary glance back that pretty much screams, "What?" Once his attention is back to Andrea, "Under the circumstances of such a calamity-touch disaster, I would need a heart of dwarfstone to resist such a request....yet, for my humor, it will
[19:35] <Kotono> be at least two weeks if you're going to Valandia and back?"
[19:37] <Andria> "Possibly a bit less, I don't doubt we won't be moving as fast as we can. I do know it's easier to call back someone the least time following their deaths has passed," Andrea answers. "But about that much time, sorry."
[19:39] <Kotono> "Ah yes." Josa does nod, "But before that, we are likely going to have services for Noel and Branna. Wayland?"
[19:40] <Wayland> "Yes, I had planned to do something like that."
[19:41] <Andria> "Oh, that's right, that captain offered to make arrangements. I suppose Brent's would have to be cancelled...or put on hold, perhaps."
[19:43] <Kotono> "Yes. If possible, you should stay for that much," Josa says quietly, "For no man deserves an empty funeral and forgotten tombstone."
[19:43] <Wayland> "...gotta be somewhere with lots of sunlight." Wayland mutters.
[19:44] <Wayland> OOC: Strike, there's no way I could possibly know that
[19:46] <Andria> Andrea frowns. "I...will ask Olan if he can delay that much time. I know Branna was a good student of his, but it is his son in question, and I do owe Olan too much to decline if he wishes to depart as soon as possible," Andrea admits.
[19:49] <Kotono> "I see," Josa says, buts lowly nods his assent, "I would entreat you to come, and for Olan to come as well if he desires. 'twas not a good death they suffered, it is our burden to see they have a good funeral as some small compensation."
[19:49] <Andria> Andrea nods. "All I can do is ask."
[19:51] <Kotono> "Go then and see where the chances of fate take you," Josa says, waving a hand. "If all goes well I hope to hold services tomorrow afternoon."
[19:53] <Andria> Andrea nods again and turns to leave, patting Simmer on the shoulder and giving her a glance of thanks for the earlier company as she takes off back to Olan's home.
[19:54] * Wayland nods and returns to his own thoughts.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake