News:

"I stand humbled by your vast My Little Pony knowledge."

Main Menu

Plunder

Started by Sierra, May 07, 2011, 04:46:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

The helm hates undead which I'm totally fine with. I can probably survive exploding with it, too. I think the plan is for me to wear/use the ghost touch gear for when we go fight Mary?

I think I'll also swap the forcefangs ring for a ring of +2 for this one. A CSW potion would not go amiss, either.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

So for some reason when I'd jotted down the Helm of Brilliance as a thing to be found I was remembering the various spells being 1x use. It is probably a good thing I reviewed this because 10x Prismatic Spray is somewhat more firepower than I'm prepared to balance for. Given that, and the fact that all this stuff was meant to be used adventurer gear, note the following addendum: rather than the standard complement of gems, the helm retains 2x diamonds, 4x rubies, 6x fire opals, and 8x opals.

Carthrat

Incidentally, is the Ring of Counterspells loaded with anything at present? (I actually don't know if we can even tell, but asking does not hurt.)
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Carthrat

Ok, I've added the mantle of spell resistance  to my sheet, as well as two potions of cure serious wounds.
[19:14] <Annerose> Aww, mouth not outpacing brain after all?
[19:14] <Candide> My brain caught up

Sierra

Quote from: Carthrat on August 31, 2011, 11:54:30 PM
Incidentally, is the Ring of Counterspells loaded with anything at present? (I actually don't know if we can even tell, but asking does not hurt.)

Hold Person.

Corwin

Rat's right, using the cloak is a good idea. Going for it.
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Sierra

Bloody Mary Belona, ghost nurse assassin, kept the following items in the infirmary:

4x potion of Cure Lesser Wounds
4x potion of Cure Moderate Wounds
2x potion of Lesser Restoration
2x potion of Neutralize Poison

Graven Image Elune: This animated stone statue is capable of performing very simple tasks on command. Its abilities are highly limited, primarily focused on housework and common chores, but it can otherwise move about as ordered to as far as 120 feet from its present owner (the statue's "owner" for this purpose is determined to be whoever possesses the stone disc that serves as the statue's base when at rest), and shift very light objects. When in motion, it has a movement speed of 20 feet and an armor class of 18. The statue has a hardness of 8 and 5 hp.

Varas Crest: This amulet is enchanted to perform a very specific set of functions for the wearer, none of which can be activated consciously, primarily concerning the bypassing of wards, illusions, dimensional breaches, and other complicated arcane business. It is obviously meant for a specific series of magical barriers, like a key fitted to a material lock.

Sierra

Bulin, Mistvalken gallery curator, held the following:

-1x Varas Crest, identical to the above.
-A note:

"To whatsoever unfortunate finds this note: I, Curator Bulin, once a proud servant of Tadeusz Varas and much longer a shameful one of Castle Mistvalken, offer advice in exchange for a request. For the first, realize that all you see about you is unreal. Do not trust your eyes, and even less trust your senses. Do not touch or engage your surroundings more than you must, as this only further convinces your mind of their solidity. Though I, in my drained condition, am thankfully incapable of escaping this prison and inflicting myself further upon the innocents of the world, I believe that a sufficient focus of will may return one to the gallery."

"As for the favor: I ask that you destroy me. The body you find before you does not lie eternal. The Duke's curse, of which I have disgracefully partaken from fear of death, preserves me despite all wishes to the contrary. I wither and fail from hunger, but the thing I have become is not so easily destroyed. I realize this even as my consciousness fades. The old ways will strike true: pierce my heart and this shell will turn to dust. Any wooden object will suffice--a chair leg from this fool banquet, perhaps. The people around you are constructs of limited reasoning, and any offense they take from your interference will be shortlived. I ask this not for myself. You do the world a service for performing this deed."

"Finally, if my advice seem but small compensation for the strain you no doubt endured in coming here, I suggest that you take with you the stone around my neck. This is not a mere bauble. It will permit one individual entrance to the Duke's tower in the inner courtyard. In case you came in numbers, know that the Duke's senior servants possess others like it, though the other owners will surely not part with them willingly. If you think it within your power to find and end His Grace, I encourage you to do so. Having served with the man at his height and witnessed his staggering fall, I say this with confidence: it would be an act of mercy."

Sierra

Found in the worms' cavern:

1x Varas amulet

And the following unidentified items:

-A short sword
-A ring
-A longbow
-A cloak
-A set of glasses
-A belt
-A mace
-A robe
-A set of chain mail

EDIT: belated, but I'd meant for hero points to be picked up on claiming each of the amulets. So if you weren't maxed out before, you should be now.

Sierra

Anyone not sitting at max already gets +1 hero point for beating up the ex-Duchess.