News:

No longer content with mere attendance, the middle-class suburban poseurs have begun to put their hands in the air and wave them like they just don't care

Main Menu

Thunderbird as IRC client?

Started by tabyk, December 19, 2016, 11:51:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tabyk

Morning all,

The new PC that I purchased last month has finally arrived (my first true gaming rig in nigh 20 years), and I'm having a grand 'ol time setting everything up on it from scratch.  Anyway, was planning on using Thunderbird as my eMail client when I noticed that it had IRC chat functionality.  Has anyone used this?  Pros and Cons?
"ZenCrafters!  Total enlightenment... in about an hour."

tabyk

Hmm... now that I'm home I figured I would simply try and set it up to see what it looks like, and (of course) I can't get it to connect.

Have tried both "irc.svartalfheim.net" and "cleannorth.org".  SSL is turned off.  The client appears to be trying to use port 6697.  Anything else that is obvious that I should look for?

Feeling like a total noob again.  >_<

Merc

I've not connected through svartalfheim in ages, so I can't recall any tricks to it. Never even used cleannorth at all either.

I usually find connection going to irc.lunarnet.org with port 4444
<Cidward> God willing, we'll all meet in Buttquest 2: The Quest for More Butts.

tabyk

And that would have been the problem.  Well then.  Excuse me while I go stand in the corner for a bit with the Dunce cap.

Yuthirin

What if they're not stars at all? What if the night sky is full of titanic far-off lidless eyes, staring in all directions across eternity?

Dracos

Nothing shouldn't work with svartalfheim.  I still use that regularly with 6667.  Or so I think.  MIght have forgotten the settings.
Well, Goodbye.