News:

"It occured to me while drunk, so it must have been genius."

Main Menu

048.2 Whurric and Yuria

Started by Corwin, June 29, 2011, 05:23:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[20:26] <Kobrb> "So like I got you before you got me? Ooooh, I like men who are aggressive," Yuria giggles and hugs Whurric, as Neveril smiles and turns her gaze away, whilst Marianne clears her throat. But it's Silver that speaks, "Y'know, hotel rooms are great if you wanna get closer."
[20:44] * Whurric just shakes his head at Silver's teasing with amusement. Twisting his head to the side, he looks at the locked-onto-his-side Yuria. "Well, since you like aggressive men and all, feel like listening to the little one?" he asks with a grin, mostly teasing. "Or would you settle for a nice walk around the city and enjoying our new lease on life? This technically would be a first date again,
[20:44] * Whurric I suppose."
[20:46] <Kotono> "Listening to the little one?" Yuria frowns and looks down, "I mean..." Abruptly she turns red, "I don't care if it's still dwarf sized, you're not sticking THAT into my ear to listen to! Like oh my Emperor!"
[20:47] <Kotono> Josa turns back from checking the closet, loudly coughing. Thumping his chest, "Ahem. I daresay the two of you should take that walk and worry about other things at a later time!
[20:47] <Kotono> "
[20:48] <Whurric> "...Y'know, I suspect we're talking about two different things right now, lass," Whurric says drily.
[20:50] <Kotono> "Oh, like what did you mean then?" Yuria exhales.
[20:52] <Whurric> "I'm a bit more curious as to just what you thought I'd be sticking in your ear first, honestly," Whurric replies, before tossing a look towards Josa. "Though I suppose we should take this talk elsewhere before our esteemed employer throws us out."
[20:54] <Kotono> Yuria turns redder and hurries do wnstairs in a flash! Silver just grins ear to ear, "I think she meant that you wanted to intercourse with her ear," she says in a sugary-sweet voice, "You know girls like that, get a few drinks in them and they'd do it."
[20:56] <Whurric> "...this one of them human customs I need to get used to now, or just another of the usual lies?" Whurric asks rhetorically while shaking his head, not really expecting an answer from Josa. Not waiting long for an answer, he goes chase after Yuria.
[21:02] <Kotono> Yuria is awaiting just outside, glowing cherry-red and looking down. "Um.."
[21:04] <Whurric> "Just so y'know, I wasn't planning on sticking anything into your ear," Whurric comments. "Also, for what it's worth, don't really think I have anything dwarvenly left in me...well 'cept my memories, of course."
[21:05] <Kotono> "Oh. I mean, well...oh, let's just go for a walk!" Yuria says, starting to do just that. "So...." That's drawn out as Yuria looks to Whurric, "Do you remember anything from when... You know?"
[21:10] <Whurric> "When I was dead?" Whurric asks. "If that's what you're asking...honestly, can't say I do. Bits and pieces maybe,  a feeling of peace and camaraderie, joined by old friends and family...but dunno. It flies away, like last night's dreams."
[21:11] <Kotono> "I remember...some of it." Yuria shuffles, "Like, I was walking down this stairway. It was all misty and glassy there, and I kept walking. I had somewhere I needed to go, needed to be."
[21:13] <Whurric> "Oh? That's sort of strange," Whurric muses. "Don't recall meeting anybody or anything?"
[21:14] <Kotono> Yuria's gaze is gray and misty as her recollection is, looking at Whurric, "Nobody. I just knew I had somewhere I needed to be."
[21:14] <Whurric> "And where was that?"
[21:26] <Kotono> "I'm not sure. All I remember is one thing. Near the end, I started to hear..." She slows down and stops again, "It was almostl ike music. Clicking, whirrling music. I think it was some sort of harmony."
[21:27] <Whurric> ooc: any roll planes/religion/other to see if I can think of anything that might remind of?
[21:29] <Kotono> OOC: K:R or K:P is fine.
[21:30] <Whurric> roll d20+6
[21:30] <Rei-chan> Whurric rolled : d20+6 --> [ 1d20=16 ]{22}
[21:30] <Whurric> ooc: religion btw
[21:34] <Whurric> "Really? Only place I can think of that might have something like that is Mechanus...that's kind of interesting. How'd you feel about the place from what you remember of it?" Whurric asks.
[21:36] <Kotono> "I think it was nice? Like, I don't really remember," Yuria shrugs.
[21:40] <Whurric> "As long as you can be happy there, it's at least a comforting thought for the next time we pass on. Not that I hope to pass on until my beard is nice and white, at the very least. Got another chance at life, best to enjoy it, right?"
[21:46] <Kotono> "Yeah," Yuria nods quickly, "Um..." She pauses and blushes, "So where are you staying in Balmuria?"
[21:50] <Whurric> "Still at the Dawn Point Inn, have been since my brother and I arrived here. I suppose I might have to look at getting a place for myself with my brother gone and since I'm definitely going to be here for a while, but wouldn't really know where to start, I'll admit," Whurric says as he rubs his beard in thought. "It'd probably be cheaper too."
[21:53] <Kotono> "Yeaaaah..." Yuria blushes and kicks at the ground, "I need somewhere to stay. I was staying with JAnson and Sylvie...Sylvie's Mom is all broken up and it's awkward there now. The staff's down because they liked Janson and Sylvie too. No one's, like, happy there."
[22:01] <Whurric> "Ah, yeah, really depressing Janson couldn't come back when the rest of us could. He was a good man," Whurric says with a sigh. "I hope for the best with Sylvie's quest, though I understand how her leaving as well must make it awkward for you. You know if Sylvie's mother knows who they talked with about finding a place to stay? Could be useful if we're both hunting for a new place."
[22:03] <Kotono> "Yeah, Sylvie's heartbroken," Yuria murmurs, "Yeah, but do you have money? I mean, I'm broke."
[22:04] <Whurric> "I've got plenty saved up, actually. Haven't really spent on much outside of that one belt and I ended up selling -that- little monstrosity, remember?" Whurric says with a snort. "Honestly, who puts that sort of enchantment on something?"
[22:07] <Kotono> "Someone freaky," Yuria banters back, "Like, someone really freaky?"
[22:09] * Whurric laughs. "Well, at least there's a market for that sort of thing, right? Not sure where Aaeru dug that one up quite honestly, but I'm not gonna judge if it gets me some of my money back."
[22:11] <Kotono> "So...if you get a place, can I stay there awhile?" Yuria says, big, grey eyes giving Whurric a pleading look.
[22:14] * Whurric can't help himself and laughs at her expression. "Now stop that look! Y'even need to ask? Of course you can stay."
[22:16] <Kotono> That gets Whurric a blonde glomp, Yuria alls miles, "Thanks, Whurric!"
[22:17] <Whurric> "Well, I still have to find a place first, remember, but you're most certainly welcome."
[22:19] <Kotono> "Well, like,what sort of house do you want?"
[22:25] <Whurric> "Well, I don't really need anything that big, to be honest. I prefer to do things by myself, so I'm not likely to hire servants, so I certainly want something I can manage on my own, y'know?" Whurric muses. "Other than that, I'd just have to look at some places, though I wouldn't mind some stone walls or something to give it a good solid construction feel to it. What about you? What sort of
[22:25] <Whurric> thing would you like in a home? If you're going to stay with me, might as well make sure you can stand the place, right?"
[22:27] <Kotono> "Oh well whatever's fine! I mean, I've slept in the open plenty of times so anything with a roof and a bed is nice!" Yuria goes right on, "Like, have you ever had to sleep in a snowstorm? Brr! Or the time I slept by a waterfall and this water sprite came up while I was trying to bathe in it and acted all haughty, and we totally got into a fight over it? So yeah, anything sturdy and warm is fine."
[22:28] <Whurric> "Well, that should make finding a place easier if neither you or I is that picky, I suppose," Whurric says with a grin.
[22:37] <Kotono> "Yeah!" "Yuria pipes up, "So how about we go and try and find one, right?"
[22:42] <Whurric> "Well, like I said earlier, do you know if Sylvie's mother knows who they used to buy their house? They seemed happy enough with their home, so I figure I can trust whomever they used to find a good house," Whurric says, reminding Yuria of his previous question. "That'd probably help more than just wandering around searching for a seller, or some agent on our own."
[22:46] <Kotono> "Yeah," Yuria says, "Let's go!"
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[19:58] <Kotono> House shopping takes time, the day slipping by. By the sunset Yuria and Whurric have made their way back towards Whimsical Sweets, the blonde stretching, "So like," Yuria pauses a moment, "Wanna get something for dinner?"
[19:59] <Whurric> "Sure, why not? It's getting late and we haven't eaten in a while, have we?"
[20:01] <Kotono> "Like, let's get some seafood," Yuria says, "It's fresh from the day's catches." Soon enough you're in a quiet little restaurant, tucked inside. A warming fire banishes the chill of the day within, tables all about. The smell of food is strong, mostly fish and other ocean born things. Once seated, "So like," Yuria goes on, "I was wondering, what do you know about the Malmuthian Empire, anyway?"
[20:08] * Whurric shrugs. "I know some things, but honestly I never really got involved with it while it was still...well, active," Whurric answers. "I only really started wondering out into the human lands in the last...fifteen or so years? "
[20:11] <Kotono> "Mmm-hmmm," Yuria listens well enough to that, "Well, that's after everything went wrong!" With a long frown, "You see, like, the Empire should still be going! It all started when they let the Baronies get away! Then King Ferdi was going to fix it, but they assassinated him!" Louder than she should be, Yuria gives Whurric a long, sad look. "Then like the Baronies took Valandia and kept weakening
[20:11] <Kotono> us! Then when the dead walked the streets, the capital of Malmuth was ravaged and ruined!" Sitting back and sighing, "It's completely unfair!"
[20:16] <Whurric> "You did mention that last time we went out for dinner," Whurric points out. "Unfortunately, it's not like you can bring your king back after all this time to fix things, that'd be even harder than Sylvie's quest for Janson. But hey, at least we got our lives back, so life can't be -totally- unfair, right?"
[20:24] <Kotono> "It's something," Yuria plays with her napkin a moment, "But it's still messed up!"
[20:26] <Whurric> "Well, yes, but it's best to look at things optimistically, right?" Whurric replies. "Why make yourself sad, when you can focus on making things better?"
[20:28] <Kotono> "Uh huh!" Yuria nods, "I came here to make things better and now I'm here." Playing with her napkin a little more, "Like, what about you? So you're staying here now?"
[20:32] <Whurric> "Apparently! I originally figured it'd just be until my brother figured out what we'd been sent to Balmuria for, maybe it was to help the others deal with Senaril or something's changed and that's why we've been split up. Nonetheless, I trust my brother's divinations, so if he says I'm supposed to stay and he's to leave, well that's what'll happen."
[20:33] <Kotono> "I wish King Ferdi would, like, send me some more information. Or if he'd met me or something," Yuria sighs, "It's totally unfair that all I heard was some of that Mechanus stuff!"
[20:35] * Whurric pauses and then smiles. "Well maybe it just means he has faith in you and doesn't think you need to be told what to do. There may be others of Malmuth that require his hand more than you, don't you think?"
[20:37] <Kotono> "Well...yeah, hey!" Yuria lights up with a smile, "That makes perfect sense!"
[20:43] <Whurric> "Good. Well, any plans set yet on what you're going to do? Start a fund for Malmuth's restoration, like that lass Aaeru's orphanage or such?"
[20:46] <Kotono> "I'm not sure," Yuria admits, a pause as dinner comes. Mmmm, crab and soup. Once it's here and a few bites are sampled, "I like think money isn't the only answer, since the Baronies are really rich now too."
[20:49] <Whurric> "That's certainly true," Whurric nods in agreement. "Still, money is needed in part at least. And if nothing else, it's one of the easiest to get started with. Wouldn't be bad if you worked cocurrently on other tracks too though."
[20:50] <Kotono> "Concurrently? Um..." Reddening, "What's that mean?"
[20:50] * Whurric ponders on what other things could be useful in restoring an empire -and- within the scope of Yuria's abilities as he tries out the soup.
[20:50] <Kotono> The soup is pretty good - lots of flavor in it, if a bit salty.
[20:50] <Whurric> "Just means at the same time."
[20:53] <Kotono> "Ooooh." Yuria perks up at that, "Like if I eat and talk at the same time, I'm doing themc oncurrently?"
[20:54] <Whurric> "...I don't recommend doing that particular set of things at the same time, but aye?"
[20:55] <Kotono> At that Yuria takes a bite of crab, and around it, "Uh msalik aaahf?" It's all muddied as she chews with her mouth open, swalling after, "Oh wow, that really was a bad idea!"
[20:59] * Whurric raises an eyebrow. "So what -were- you trying to say just now?"
[21:01] <Kotono> "Is that bad?" Yuria answers, wiping her lips with the napkin, "So..." Taking her glass and drinking, "When do you think Sylvie's going to get back? I mean, if she's totally going to drag Janson back you think it might take awhile?"
[21:03] <Whurric> "I would hope not. She's resourceful, I'm sure she'll manage, but...who knows?"
[21:03] <Kotono> "Uh huh. I miss her and Janson," Yuria takes a longer drink after this, "Bleh, how about we talk about something else now?"
[21:03] <Whurric> "I'm still kind of concerned that she chose to go alone though," he admits.
[21:06] * Whurric nods. "Well, then, what do you think of Josa's newest recruits for our work?" he asks, changing tracks and asking about Marianne/Lyris.
[21:14] <Kotono> "Well...Marianne's scary," Yuria says quietly, "I mean, she's just really intense and something about her makes me shiver! I thought I was catching the lesbian from Aaeru, but it doesn't feel good at all! Then, like, Lyris just seems really focused and a bit bitchy."
[21:20] * Whurric coughs into his drink and pats his chest. "You...you can't really catch lesbianism," he decides on saying, trying to wrap his mind around the mental image. "Though I suppose I can see what you mean about the two of them. Still, they seem reliable enough and a good enough sort, I suppose."
[21:22] <Kotono> "I don't know, I totally think you can! I mean, like, who would want to be with womeni nstead of men! So I figure it's sorta like a disease and Aaeru has it?" Frowning at that before looking to Whurric, "Are you sure?"
[21:26] <Whurric> "I'm pretty sure you can't catch it from another human, yes," Whurric answers.
[21:34] <Kotono> "Are you sure?" Yuria says, a frown creasnig her face. She wipes her hands with her napkin quickly, "Like, I'm worried I'll wake up some morning and totally crave some other girl!"
[21:37] <Whurric> "I'm fairly sure even if that happens, you'll still like boys more," Whurric tries to soothe her worries. "And if you like both boys and girls, then you're still not a lesbian, right?"
[21:38] <Kotono> "Well..." Reddening even more, "I don't know! It's just that all the Crimson Guard seemed to and they stole everything from Malmuth, and it's so strange and I just don't know!"
[21:40] <Whurric> "Well we're not in the Crimson Guard now are we? We turned down that offer, so you have absolutely nothing to worry about!"
[21:42] <Kotono> Yuria exhales long, "I know. Just..." Reddening again and going back to finish off her dinner, "So like, what do yout hink of Arachiel now?"
[21:44] <Whurric> "She seems a lot more cheerful and uuuuh, 'bubbly', I guess, than when she was my brother's familiar. It's kind of interesting to watch her adjust to life as a mortal, she's doing pretty good for herself, don't you think?"
[21:47] <Kotono> "I think so," Yuria nods along with that, "She's a really good shot too, apparently, but I didn't see any of that. It's nice to know someone up there's looking out for us."
[21:48] <Whurric> "Oh, she's definitely a good shot," Whurric agrees.
[21:51] <Kotono> "Good," Yuria perks up at that, "Since wow, we really have a lot of talents now, don't we?"
[21:57] <Whurric> "Well, we don't have anyone to sing songs about our heroic deeds," Whurric jokes. "I certainly can't carry a tune."
[21:57] <Kotono> "Hahahhaa," Yuria suddenly grins, "How about we get everyone drunk and see who can sing the best then?"
[22:00] <Whurric> "Well that might be fun to try," Whurric muses.
[22:01] <Kotono> "Right," Yuria nods along, "How about as a house christening?"
[22:04] <Whurric> "Maybe. Dunno if the others will still feel like having a party just yet," Whurric says. "Could hold it off until after the next job we get finishes too, I suppose."
[22:07] <Kotono> "Probably," Yuria leans back in her seat now, "So now what are you going to do until we get a job?"
[22:10] <Whurric> "Not sure. Josa will probably find something soon, if not, just explore the city, learn a bit more about it. Maybe find out what happened with those goblins Janson, Orval and I sent out here during that mess with the succubi. See if they made it all the way out here, and if they did, if they're making a clean life for themselves or what."
[22:11] <Kotono> "Mmm-hmmm," Yuria nods, "So say...wanna do that tomorrow?"
[22:14] <Whurric> "Sounds like a plan."
[22:18] <Kotono> "Right!" Yuria smiles, "Say Whurric..." Giving him a look, "Well, um..."
[22:20] <Whurric> "Yes?" he asks.
[22:23] <Kotono> "Are you going to order us dessert?" That bets a bat of her eyelashes, "Doesn't that sound like a good idea?"

Corwin

[19:59] <Whurric> "Well, sure. What would you like?"
[20:00] <Kotono> "How about some elf bread?" Yuria says brightly, "With some dipping honey on the side."
[20:01] * Whurric nods as he tries to get someone's attention with the order.
[20:08] <Kotono> The order is gotten easily enough, up and gone. Once done, "So how's it like being taller and human, anyway?"
[20:13] <Whurric> "It's...different. I don't feel as uncomfortable with it as I figured I would. People seem to interact better with another human than a dwarf, I'll admit though," he comments. "Alcohol seems to have more kick to it as a human too, so that's kind of interesting."
[20:15] <Kotono> "It's fun," Yuria says, a sing-song as her dessert arrives. She starts in on it, and in between it, "Oh this is good...mmm..." A contented sigh, "Well, if you die again, Emperor forbid, maybe you can come back as an elf and complete the threesome?"
[20:18] * Whurric coughs half in a bite of a piece of bread and thumps his fist against his chest a few times. "An elf? Gods, I hope not. They're thin as twigs, they'd break just as easy in the middle of a fight!"
[20:24] <Kotono> "Well, like, elves are cute at least! You'd be so willowy and debonair and waifish!" That gets another storm of giggles, "Plus you'd get m,istaken as a woman a bunch!"
[20:26] <Whurric> "That's not encouraging in the least," he says drily.
[20:26] <Whurric> "You'd make a better elf, really," he adds.
[20:27] <Kotono> "No way," Yuria finishes off her dessert, "Mmmm. I wonder when our next job will be? Any guesses?"
[20:31] * Whurric shrugs as he thinks on that. "It depends on whether Josa wants to focus on refilling the supply cabinet first or if he can find some nice simple jobs. I doubt he'll want us taking anything dangerous until we can get a bit more healing potions or some other stuff like that. Could be tomorrow if we're lucky, but I'd say a week at the very worst."
[20:33] <Kotono> "Time to kill," Yuria says, "I hate being broke." With a longing sigh, "I want money."
[20:36] <Whurric> "Well, if you're needing any in the meantime, I really don't mind lendin' you some, you know," Whurric offers. "We can check the board tomorrow though and see if Josa hasn't scratched out any of the jobs we didn't take before all this mess, might be that one of 'em is still available."
[20:43] <Kotono> "Well, just enough to get by," Yuria says quickly, "You knwo...though if you want to buy me anything," Her gaze is sweet, a hand going across the table to take Whurric's, "I'd be really greatful!"
[20:45] * Whurric laughs. "Well, as long as it's not an expensive magical trinket, sure why not? I'm buyin' a house, just so you remember!"
[20:46] <Kotono> "Hehehe, would I ask that?" Yuria turns candy-apple red, "I mean, I know something nice like fast moving gloves are really expensive!"
[20:49] * Whurric raises an eyebrow. "...fast moving gloves, eh?"
[20:50] <Kotono> "Right, like, there are totally these black silk gloves that make you move faster," Yuria says, "They quicken you and you dodge faster, react faster and everything. They're called gloves of something. It starts with a d?"
[20:52] <Whurric> "Dashing?" Whurric offers with a smile.
[20:53] <Kotono> "No, it's um..." Yuria creases her brow, "Oh, Sylvie mentioned them before too!" Snapping her fingers, "Dammit, it's a long hard word! I'm usually better at remembering things like that, really!"
[20:55] <Whurric> "Dexterity?" he offers a bit more seriously.
[20:55] <Kotono> "Oh. that's it! Dexterity!" Snapipng her fingers again, "That's it!"
[20:56] <Whurric> "I prefer dashing, personally. Sounds more like 'fast moving' doesn't it?" Whurric says with a laugh.
[20:58] <Kotono> "Well yeah..." Yuria mumbles, reddening deeper.
[21:00] <Whurric> "Well, I could get 'em for your birthday, 'cept I neither know if I can afford 'em or when your birthday is...or should we count our birthdays as the day we came back to life now?" he muses.
[21:07] <Kotono> "My birthday is in a few days," Yuria says, "Right?"
[21:10] <Whurric> "Is it now?" he asks with amusement, staring at Yuria deep into her eyes. "Well...I suppose that leaves the question of whether I can afford 'em or not, doesn't it?"
[21:15] <Kotono> "It's, um, 4,000 marks,"Yuria says, suddenly all smiles, "It's not that much, right?"
[21:19] * Whurric gives a low whistle. "It's a fair bit more than what I have, lass," he says with a shake of his head. "Not something I can get as a gift for you any time soon, much as I wouldn't mind."
[21:19] <Kotono> "Oh." Yuria sighs, "Well, I guess I can't blame you if you're totally broke too. But maybe when you have some more money...?"
[21:27] <Whurric> "Well, I'm not quite broke, but that really is beyond me," Whurric answers and at the question adds. "We'll just have to see what time has in store for us."
[21:34] <Kotono> "We'll have to see..." Yuria trails off thoughtfully.