050.4 "I bet there's no demon temples in Malmuth!"

Started by Corwin, July 21, 2011, 01:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corwin

[22:21] <Kotono> The next day Whimsical Sweets gathers in the mid morning. Everyone is there - save Sylvie, who is still gone. Josa is there, "Ah, glad tidings and joyous returns! Our latest batch of undertakings has been wildly successful! First of all, Whurric and I laid full and effective aid to Dacote Anband, and with axe and magic we defeated all the troublesome dangers that dared assail us; further, our
[22:21] <Kotono> good name intimidated the misguided magician, parting the way to civility and sane conversation with a minimum of bloodshed, dischord and wasted dweomers; Whurric, has your neck healed?"
[22:21] <Aaeru> "What? Did Whurric, like, die again?"
[22:22] <Kotono> Silver groans, "Dammit, all of you just keep dying but not staying dead! You're like a bad joke that keeps coming up to the surface."
[22:22] * Veserya winces at hearing injuries were suffered while she had fun performing. "Everyone looks healthy..." a pause at Whurric's appearance, "Or at least whole."
[22:22] <Whurric> "It's healed fine, it was pretty minor. And no, Aaeru. Just a poisoned dart and a few wooden splinters," Whurric answers.
[22:22] <Kotono> Yuria exhales, going over to sit besides Whurric, "Good! At least I wasn't in any danger either."
[22:23] * Arachiel looks at Silver. "You want us to die!?"
[22:23] * Aaeru raises her hand. "I was! This Orcus dude, like, had a secret temple below Sylvie's house! There were ghosts and monsters and everything!"
[22:23] <Kotono> "Indeed so." Josa looks over to Veserya and Marianne, "Praytell, how was your task of serving the faithful of Waukeen in financial and musical harmonies?"
[22:23] <Kotono> "Really?" Lyris turns with a slightly raised eyebrow, "Are they dead?"
[22:24] <Aaeru> "Oh, totally. And we sent a little girl free!"
[22:24] <Arachiel> "Aaeru smashed them good!"
[22:24] <Veserya> Any reply to Josa is forestalled by the need to hear Aaeru's even worse tale! "Goodness! It seems I really did take the wrong job!" she gasps.
[22:24] <Whurric> "...a temple under that house?" Whurric asks, whistling. "That's a shocker, not sure how someone manages to miss that."
[22:24] <Arachiel> "It was in the walls."
[22:25] <Kotono> "Wow, like, property values have a reason to be cheap over here?" Yuria says, "I bet there's no demon temples in Malmuth!"
[22:25] <Aaeru> "We cleaned it all up really good and now Sylvie has rooms underground too," Aaeru says proudly, before shaking her head at the aasimar. "No, silly, it was below the house."
[22:25] <Kotono> "It was in both, from what I understand," Neveril speaks up, "They had to tear down a wall to find the stairwell."
[22:26] <Aaeru> "I actually broke the floor first to take a look. But only a little bit! I fixed it, too!"
[22:26] <Kotono> "How bothersome," Marianne observes, sending a glance to Lyris. Lyris returns it without a word, "I can deal with ghosts if I have to, should we come across another."
[22:26] <Kotono> "I'd ask how you only break a floor a little," Josa says, "But I recall the stories of what you did to those doors in the dragon's throne room. What of you, Veserya? Please, tell us your tale now."
[22:27] <Aaeru> "Wanna see?" Aaeru asks brightly, seeming quite eager. "I can show you! Right here, right now!"
[22:27] * Arachiel nods, settling back to listen and laughing at Aaeru.
[22:28] <Veserya> "There's very little to it after hearing all that," the elf admits, "The performance was well received by all, and Holycoin Mia said she would send payment to Whimsical Sweets this morning. In addition Sir Aquaeous of the marid delegation gave us this gem," said blue-green sphere is produced in her outstretched hand, "Which can summon a water elemental in time of peril."
[22:28] <Kotono> "Ah, no!" Josa quickly says, holding up his hands, "This building must bear the great weight of candymancy genius and others, there is no need to damage or dent it's already considerable burdens!"
[22:28] <Aaeru> "Was it fun?" Aaeru asks Veserya.
[22:29] <Veserya> "I certainly enjoyed composing and performing it, though now that I know what you endured i really wish I'd helped with the haunted house instead," Veserya replies with an apologetic look.
[22:31] <Aaeru> "It's okay. It was pretty painful but I kinda ignored it because I really wanted to help that little girl! And when I did, it felt really nice!" Aaeru says, waving off any concerns. "I do kinda wish I could do, like, a lighter job? For a change and stuff?"
[22:33] <Veserya> "It seems to be something of a problem perhaps that when we receive a list of jobs it's not always easy to tell at a glance just how involved each will be," the elf agrees thoughtfully, glancing at the job board.
[22:36] <Aaeru> "No kidding," Aaeru agrees, following suit.
[22:37] <Kotono> "Indeed," Josa says, "Some jobs are self evident, but we can do little about surprises. Who would forecast such trouble helping Anna?"
[22:38] * Aaeru raises her hand again. "Mysterious crying from below? At night? Kinda obvious."
[22:38] <Arachiel> "Well, nobody really. I'm just glad we were able to help beforee anybody really got hurt!"
[22:39] * Aaeru stares at Archie in surprise. "What, you didn't think it was ghosts or something?"
[22:41] <Arachiel> "Not really. I thought it might be someone trapped down there."
<Steph> I might have made a terrible mistake

Corwin

[19:59] * Veserya has no objections.
[20:01] <Arachiel> "Okay!"
[20:02] <Kotono> Clearing his throat again, "Now then. I have found that two of the jobs went smashingly. Lyris, Neveril? How was yours?"
[20:02] <Kotono> Lyris nods, "We went, they wanted to fight and train with us, and we ended up speaking to the High Watchman for several hours."
[20:03] <Kotono> Neveril frowns, "There's more to it than that. Frankly, I thought they were sizing us up the entire time. They paid us good money just to spend that afternoon with them and show them our talents."
[20:03] <Aaeru> "Did you, like, fight someone?" Aaeru asks the obvious question.
[20:06] <Kotono> "The High Watchman. He's extrodinarily skilled," Lyris says, "I've never seen someone who can use a sword like that." For a moment she grows quieter, "He's beyond gifted, he did things with his sword that should be impossible. Then his words..." A full trailoff, Lyris coloring just a little bit, "He has a presence that's captivating when he starts speaking. We spent hours talking to him. I agree
[20:06] <Kotono> with Neveril. It's like they wanted to know about us and were willing to pay good money to find out."
[20:07] <Veserya> "Perhaps sizing us up for a more challenging future job, or else seeing if we're a threat to Balmuria's stability?" Veserya posits, smiling a bit at Lyris's blush.
[20:08] <Aaeru> "That sounds kinda dumb," Aaeru muses. "They should've just asked and stuff, we so would've told them for free."
[20:08] <Kotono> "Dumb or not, it's free money," Lyris says, "I've never been paid so well to just practice and then spend an afternoon talking."
[20:09] <Kotono> "Fascinating," Josa murmurs, "It seems we have gained some considerable measure of favorable notority, no? Perhaps our fortunes rise and waxs as does fair Selune grow ripe in the sky every month."
[20:10] * Aaeru has no real issues with a worthy cause receiving a donation like that, certainly. "So are you gonna be practice some more with this guy?" she asks Lyris. "And talk some more, too?"
[20:10] <Veserya> "They likely thought your unguarded responses were of more use than a scripted answer," Veserya suggests in response to Aaeru's criticism.
[20:12] <Kotono> "He left the offer open if we're so inclined, yes," Lyris says shortly.
[20:14] <Kotono> "Indeed," Josa says, "At this current apex, we do not have immediate things prepared. We can go count coins if we desire - a task I find terrifically tedious under the best of fates; we can go hunting for oozes in the corners of the city; we can go meet this man, or we can seek other tasks to do."
[20:14] <Kotono> "Actually," Marianne clears her throat, "There is another thing."
[20:14] <Arachiel> "There is?" Arachiel perks up.
[20:15] <Kotono> "There is." Smiling a tiny bit, "If I recall through our libations, Balyss said something about an upcoming revelry? I say it is time we visited her and investigated this turn of events."
[20:15] <Arachiel> "A revelry? Like a party?"
[20:16] <Veserya> "In the absence of any dangers to confront, life is to be celebrated. I wholeheartedly endorse this plan," Veserya grins, nodding her head.
[20:17] <Kotono> "Exactly," Marianne says, "That's exactly what it is, a grand party."
[20:18] <Whurric> "Who can disagree with a night of drinks with friends?" Whurric says, also nodding at the idea.
[20:18] <Kotono> "Like, that sound more fun than crawling around for oozes! I'm in!"
[20:18] <Arachiel> "Will there be wine?" Arachiel looks eager!
[20:18] <Aaeru> "Last one was fun," Aaeru says, glancing at Neve. "Right?"
[20:19] <Kotono> Neveril smiles to Aaeru, "There should be. It's a fair diversion, so I'll third the motion. Let's go over to Moonholm and see?"
[20:20] <Aaeru> "What, now? But isn't it, like, at night? With the moon and all?"
[20:20] <Kotono> "Dear Aaeru," Marianne sniffs, "There is much fun to be had in the preparation, and any grand party is best experienced with a few preparatory rounds o that you are already in fine spirits before it begins."
[20:21] <Aaeru> "You want an early start?"
[20:21] <Veserya> "We could also help with actually arranging the revel itself - it is tonight, yes?"
[20:22] <Arachiel> "We can help set up for the party!" Arachiel cheers.
[20:27] <Kotono> From here the full group goes on, even Silver and Josa. Moonholm is pretty in the chill sunshine. Balyss comes to the gate on your invitation, coming outside and going to sit down against the outer wall. "Wow, you brought almost everybody," she says casually, "Going to go declare candy war on someone?"
[20:27] <Arachiel> "We're here to help!"
[20:28] <Kotono> "Really?" Balyss raises an eyebrow, "I didn't know we needed help. So what are you here to help with?"
[20:28] <Aaeru> "Setting up the party's lots of work, right?" Aaeru asks Balyss. "I bet we'll find lots of ways to help with that!"
[20:28] <Kotono> "A fine revelry," Marianne smirks, "A grand festival of song and drink and whatever else may come."
[20:28] <Veserya> "We don't have any work to do so instead we want to revel, and who better to revel with?" Veserya smiles brightly, sitting down next to the aasimar and tucking her legs under herself.
[20:29] * Arachiel nods furiously along with Aaeru. "We can help set up for the party!"
[20:30] <Kotono> "Oooooh." Balyss chuckles, "Need a party so you came over here? Well, we don't have one planned anytime soon...pfft. Who am I kidding?" With a casual smile, "The best ones are the spontaneous ones." Stretching back, "Any ideas for this, or just get a bunch of people, drinks and food and see what happens?"
[20:30] <Kotono> "Like, a theme?" Yuria scrunches her nose up, "Like a costume party?"
[20:30] <Kotono> "No costume parties," Balyss quickly interjects, "The last time...it didn't go well. Let's just not ever do one of those. But you grasp the point."
[20:31] <Veserya> "Oooh, a masked ball?" Veserya brightens, "Or a rather more raucus equivalent... ohhh," she just as quickly deflates.
[20:31] <Aaeru> "What happened?" Aaeru naturally wants to know.
[20:32] <Kotono> "A botched, drunken enchantment spell made everyone b elieve they were what they dressed up as," Balyss sighs long, "Oh boy, that got awkward!"
[20:33] <Kotono> "Well then," Josa says grandly, "If we are to celebrate, we must simply find another way to do so."
[20:33] * Arachiel nods.
[20:34] <Veserya> "That sounds quite thrilling," Veserya admits, "But I'll take your word for it. Why not a Desert Fiefdoms theme, then?" she suggests. She, Yuria, and Marianne *did* just buy those dresses, after all...
[20:34] <Kotono> "That's a thought," Balyss says.
[20:34] <Aaeru> "How does that work?" Aaeru inquires, leaning forward towards Veserya and Balyss, hands clasped behind her back.
[20:35] <Kotono> "No," A too high pitched voice comes from near Josa, Silver's lips just barely moving as she floats behind him, "It should be a festival where the comely young lasses come as themselves, unbound by clothes and allowing all the menfolk to ogle them"
[20:35] * Arachiel blinks, and looks at Silver. "What? Why?"
[20:36] <Veserya> "You know the sorts of clothes that tend to come from that..." she trails off and looks dead at Silver for a long moment, before slowly returning to Aaeru as if nothing happened. "That area, all silk and breezy for comfort under the hot desert sun?"
[20:36] <Kotono> Silver blinks innocently, "I didn't say anything! Really! Josa did!" Silver points right at him, while Josa sighs and rubs his temples.
[20:36] * Aaeru nods as she listens, as if no one had tried to interrupt Veserya. "So all the fluffy clothes that people wear there? And colorful and stuff?"
[20:36] <Arachiel> "But Josa doesn't sound tiny and squeaky like you do!" Arachiel protests.
[20:37] <Kotono> Balyss glares at Josa and Silver, not saying a word and returning to the conversation. "Exactly, yes."
[20:37] <Veserya> "Exactly," the elf nods, "Brightly coloured, flowing lines, and of course a healthy amount of bare skin. Very exotic and eye-catching."
[20:38] <Whurric> "Isn't it a little short notice to get people to find such clothing if they don't have any already?" Whurric asks.
[20:38] * Aaeru tilts her head. "So, like, should I dress like that, or pretend that I did and use magic to make it look like that? Cause I don't really have them but I think Josa might since he has lots of women clothing in the store so I could maybe borrow an outfit just the once."
[20:40] <Veserya> "It's much more fun to wear actual clothes than illusions, Aaeru," Veserya pouts at the blonde human. "Perhaps it is short notice, but I'm sure we could manage - Balmuria has a very healthy clothing industry. Unless anyone has any other ideas?"
[20:40] <Arachiel> "It sounds fun to me!"
[20:43] <Whurric> "It does sound somewhat fun, I suppose. Maybe have a selection of clothes rental or something at the entrance? If you want it to be free, just treat the rental as a deposit so people don't ruin the borrowed clothes with drinks or whatnot," Whurric suggests.
[20:45] * Aaeru peers at Whurric for several long moments, unblinking, before she shakes her head. "I don't think it, like, works that way."
[20:46] <Whurric> "It was just a thought, but why not? It can help provide people with clothing for the night, and makes sure they take care of it. It might not really work, I suppose, but it really was just a thought," Whurric says with a shrug.
[20:46] <Aaeru> "Because it's not free if you pay for it," Aaeru says firmly.
[20:47] <Whurric> "Well, you get your money back if you treat the clothing right at the end of the night, that's why I said deposit, not rental," Whurric adds.
[20:48] <Aaeru> Aaeru's eyes widen. "Clothing stores do that?! Wow, like wow! This selling stuff is so weird!"
[20:49] <Whurric> "I...actually don't know if any store does that, but it might be something that could be suggested for the party and seeing if any clothier is willing to help out," Whurric replies.
[20:50] * Aaeru just keeps getting more and more confused.
[20:50] * Whurric turns to look elsewhere, seeing the confusion in Aaeru's eyes. "Would it be doable at all? I'm starting to have my own doubts whether we could even convince someone to help out with it..." he asks the others.
[20:52] <Veserya> "This is making it very complicated," Veserya remarks with a frown. "I didn't think it was that hard to just buy a simple costume so long as it's not anything fancy, but if it's really an issue then perhaps a theme that doesn't reflect on attire?"
[20:52] * Arachiel looks confused. "Aaeru doesn't like to buy clothes?"
[20:53] <Kotono> "That's probably best," Balyss says at last, "This is getting a little to complicated. Hm." Thoughtfully humming, "Any of you have any other ideas?"
[20:55] <Aaeru> "What about, like, making it at the beach?" Aaeru suggests, feeling bad since the fun-seeming idea seems to have collapsed just then. "A beach party! With swimming and stuff!"
[20:55] <Arachiel> "Swimming!"
[20:56] <Aaeru> "And stuff!"
[20:56] <Arachiel> "I've always wanted to swim!"
[20:57] <Veserya> "Isn't it a bit cold for swimming?" Veserya asks with a shiver, "But even without that, a beach can be nicely scenic."
[20:58] <Kotono> "That could work," Balyss says, "We can have a great fire adn a cookout with it."
[20:58] * Aaeru snaps her fingers. "Oh!" She turns her head slightly, asking, "Neve, is it cold? I forgot again."
[21:00] * Whurric nods in agreement. "It does sound interesting."
[21:01] <Kotono> "It's nearly winter," Neveril says with a quirk of her lips upward, "You don't even notice any more, do you?"
[21:01] <Aaeru> "Sorry!"
[21:02] <Arachiel> "Notice what?"
[21:06] <Kotono> "Nevermind that," Balyss says, "So this can work," she stands up, "I think it can work very well. I need all of you to go and buy up as much booze as you can. You have the money for that, right?"
[21:06] <Veserya> "Just finished some profitable work," Veserya confirms with a smile as she likewise rises to her feet.
[21:07] <Aaeru> "Need some help with the important set party up stuff here?" Aaeru offers Balyss, hoping to avoid this pitfall lest another party idea descend into awkwardness.
[21:08] <Kotono> "I can handle that. I want all of you go and find a lot of booze and find some really good stuff. Special stuff," Balyss says, "Think you all can do that?"
[21:08] <Arachiel> "You can help me carry stuff, Aaeru!" Arachiel nods.
[21:09] <Aaeru> "Can do."
[21:09] <Whurric> "How special are we talking? I have some liquor made out of troll's blood, honey and peaches..." Whurric offers.
[21:09] <Aaeru> "Why would you drink trolls?!" Aaeru exclaims, suddenly aghast.
[21:10] <Whurric> "To get drunk, I guess? Shudder to think who found out it can make a good liquor, but someone obviously did!"
[21:10] * Arachiel looks a little disturbed. "Like ths shadow troll we fought?"
[21:10] <Whurric> "No, that'd probably just taste of death."
[21:12] * Arachiel looks confused.
[21:12] <Kotono> "That's a good start!" Balyss nods, "Go out there and find some! Get moving!"
[21:13] * Veserya falls in step with Marianne, "Know any good places to start or shall we do some exploring of Balmuria's brewers?"
[21:14] <Whurric> roll d20+5 K:local to find some breweries
[21:14] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+5 K:local to find some breweries and gets 9." [d20=4]
[21:16] <Kotono> OOC: Was s ec. Anyone else want to try any sort of knowledge check here?
[21:16] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+4 always!
[21:16] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+4 always! and gets 9." [1d20=5]
[21:17] <Kotono> roll 1d20+13 Marianne
[21:17] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+13 Marianne and gets 27." [1d20=14]
[21:18] <Kotono> "AS a matter of fact, I know just the place," Marianne chuckles warmly, "Come with me and I'll show you."
[21:20] <Arachiel> "Okay!" Arachiel follows.
[21:22] <Kotono> With that the party follows Marianne. She leads into the Old City, stone buildings all around you. It's noisy here as you head to the far east of the town. Against the farthest east wall of the city is a sprawling compound, tall stone walls barring the way in. A single iron-wrought gate is here, closed tightly. Marianne looks on, umbrella keeping the sun away. "Now then, will one of you be a
[21:22] <Kotono> dear and go up to the gate? There should be a bell attached to it, give it a good ring."
[21:23] * Aaeru is all too ready to help Marianne out, doing just that!
[21:27] <Kotono> There is indeed a small bell and it's rung! Silence echos about, until the front door of the compound opens. Out stomps a dwarf, a long dark beard and form-fitting, tight leather clothes worn. His body is quite muscular, as he marches over to the gate, "Who are you and what do you want?"
[21:27] * Arachiel chirps a cheery "Hello!" in Dwarven.
[21:27] <Aaeru> "Hi!" Aaeru unknowingly echoes Archie. "We're, like, on this quest!"
[21:29] <Kotono> Arms crossed and giving the party a look, "What sort of quest," he replies in Common, after a slow nod to Arachiel.
[21:29] <Aaeru> "Balyss sent us to get, like, lots of booze!" Aaeru readily elaborates. "Good stuff. Special stuff!"
[21:30] <Arachiel> "We heard you had good stuff!"
[21:33] <Kotono> "Oh, you're here for spirits!" With an abrupt grin that transforms his face, "Well hell, why didn't you say so in the first place!" He swings the gate open, "Come in, come in!"
[21:36] <Veserya> How can Veserya refuse such an invitation? Thus she passes through the gate to commence shopping!
[21:37] * Arachiel goes in as well! Wine!
[21:39] * Whurric goes hunting for any selection of dwarven wines. Some for the party, and well, he wouldn't mind taking one or two home either.

Corwin

[19:56] <Kotono> As the party passes in, "Ah, Marianne," the dwarf rubs his hands together, "I didn't see you back there!" AFter that and looking about, "So what type of spirits are looking for?"
[19:57] <Aaeru> "Can it be special without, like, someone or something being killed for it and their blood used in the booze?" Aaeru decides to inquire.
[19:58] <Kotono> "Yes, yes it can," With a short, barking laugh as you're lead to the front gates of the compound, "So are you looking for something special? How special?"
[19:59] <Aaeru> "So special it would totally surprise Balyss!"
[19:59] <Veserya> "Maybe a few strong things, but mostly lighter fare that can be drank all night, it's for a party," Veserya helpfully elaborates.
[20:01] <Kotono> "Party booze is simple," The front door has a heavy lock, an old, iron-wrought key opening it up. Within you can see row after row of barrels, racks of wine bottles, great kegs and casks and more all about. "If you're looking for the best party brew around, I do have a special one."
[20:02] <Arachiel> "What kind? Is it wine?"
[20:03] <Kotono> "It's beyond any of that. I've spent 100 years brewing this," He looks to each of them, "It's a drink of incredible potency and danger! It's so powerful that you have to subdue it yourselves before it can be taken out and enjoyed."
[20:04] * Arachiel blinks. "Huh?"
[20:04] <Aaeru> "So it's like an ooze? A boozy kind?"
[20:06] <Kotono> "You'll see," With a long, cautious look, "Four of you. I need the four bravest, strongest of you to come forth with me, if you're serious about this."
[20:09] * Veserya is brave, though she rather doubts she's the strongest. Still, absent anyone else she steps forward, "Exactly how are we to subdue alcohol if not by drinking it?"
[20:09] <Aaeru> Are they? Aaeru takes a look about to judge how the others feel.
[20:10] * Arachiel scratches her head. "I'm not super strong, but I'm a good shot with a bow!"
[20:12] <Kotono> Marianne just smiles and steps back, "This isn't my battle," she chuckles, "Do have fun with this, I know what's coming."
[20:12] <Kotono> Yuria looks about, "Like, who's strongest out of us?"
[20:12] <Kotono> Lyris glances to Marianne, a moment's wry smile flickering over her face. She falls back with her, "I agree, it's not my battle, either."
[20:13] <Aaeru> Traitors! Even as she is denouncing them in her mind, Aaeru raises her hand. "I'll do it. If Marianne did it before, it's totally okay to do it again now."
[20:13] * Whurric tosses a glance at Marianne then Lyris. "You know, the way you two are backing out of this is damning, and yet, my curiosity is getting the best o'me," Whurric notes as he steps alongside Veserya and Aaeru.
[20:13] <Veserya> "You sound far too amused for comfort," Veserya gives Marianne and her friend a look, "Still, one more and we'll see what this is all about."
[20:14] <Kotono> Yuria looks to Arachiel, "Like, do you want to go or...?" she shrugs.
[20:15] <Arachiel> "I'll go!" Arachiel nods at Yuria.
[20:16] * Arachiel pats her bear. "Can Ulysses come too?"
[20:16] <Arachiel> "He's nice!"
[20:16] <Kotono> "It's supposed to be four," The dwarf rubs his bearded chin, "But a bear? Why not, that's new."
[20:17] <Arachiel> "Yay!"
[20:18] * Veserya starts in surprise somewhat, somehow not having noticed the giant ursine beforehand. "I hope this doesn't end up with our drinks being full of fur."
[20:19] <Whurric> "Well, it'll certainly be special if so, just not the sort of special that lass was hoping for!" Whurric says with a laugh.
[20:19] <Kotono> With that, the dwarf leads the four and a half-some back. Back through the rows of casts, into narrow passages of wine bottles and ale casks. 'round and 'round you go, following a long, circular, disorienting path. At the end you come to a door, with purple grapes and grains painted onto the door.  There's a heavy padlock on the door, the dwarf undoing it. "Go on ahead," he says, "It's waiting
[20:19] <Kotono> for you."
[20:20] * Aaeru pushes the door open once their host had removed the paddock and proceeds inside!
[20:21] * Veserya follows after Aaeru, curious just what they have to subdue and how.
[20:22] * Arachiel walks in as well, looking for some sort of booze monster!
[20:25] <Arachiel> Ulysses trundles behind Arachiel, sniffing about!
[20:26] * Whurric also follows in, brimming with curiosity.
[20:27] <Kotono> Within this area is a high roofed room, about 30ft wide and long or so. At the back is a steel barrel. For a moment the barrel twitches, before it rises up! Arms and legs of what look to be jellified brown ale form, the entire thing larger than Aaeru after he growing magics. In it's hand a great mace of swirling wine appears! "I AM THE GREATEST DRINK EVER MADE! LOOK UPON ME AND DESPAIR, FOR YOUR
[20:27] <Kotono> WEAK POWER IS NOT ENOUGH TO CLAIM ME!"
[20:28] * Arachiel stares in complete bewilderment. "...what?"
[20:29] <Veserya> "I'm... I'm certainly feeling something," Veserya breathes, staring up wide-eyed at the beer monster.
[20:29] <Whurric> "...does this go against your delicate sensibilities about killin' something and drinking it's blood?" Whurric asks Aaeru.
[20:32] <Aaeru> "I'm, like, not really sure what you asked but I don't think it's wrong to fight constructs," Aaeru responds, already falling into a defensive stance!
[20:33] <Kotono> "NOW DESPAIR AS I LAY YOU LOW AND CHASTISE YOU FOR YOUR PRESUMPTIONS!" The alcoholic beast declares, advancing towards the party! OOC: Init here.
[20:34] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4 booze monster
[20:34] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 booze monster and gets 10." [1d20=6]
[20:34] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+9
[20:34] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+9 and gets 12." [1d20=3]
[20:34] * Kotono changes topic to 'Arachiel(12)>Booze Monster(10)'
[20:34] <Whurric> roll d20+5
[20:34] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+5 and gets 20." [d20=15]
[20:34] <Veserya> roll 1d20+2
[20:34] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+2 and gets 22." [1d20=20]
[20:34] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+3
[20:34] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+3 and gets 11." [1d20=8]
[20:34] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+1 BEAR
[20:34] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+1 BEAR and gets 16." [1d20=15]
[20:35] * Kotono changes topic to 'Veserya(22)>Whurric(20)>Bear(16)>Arachiel(12)>Aaeru(10)Booze Monster(10)'
[20:36] <Kotono> OOC: Go Veserya.
[20:38] <Veserya> "Well, I'm not sure how dangerous this really is, but I can demonstrate my skills at least," Veserya states, weaving a pattern of magic in the air before her and casting up a handful of sparkling motes, which spread and settle over her allies before vanishing, bestowing incredible speed upon them all!
[20:38] <Veserya> OOC: Haste
[20:39] <Kotono> Speedy magic envelopes the party, movements quickening! OOC: Whurric.
[20:41] <Whurric> While not sure how well an axe swing will work on something liquid, Whurric still charges ahead and swings his axe with a yell. "Quiet down, we have people that want a taste of you!" he exclaims.
[20:41] <Whurric> roll d20+13 (PA-5)
[20:41] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+13 (PA-5) and gets 30." [d20=17]
[20:42] <Whurric> roll d12+20 assuming hit
[20:43] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d12+20 assuming hit and gets 29." [d12=9]
[20:44] <Kotono> OOC: Sorry, was a sec. It has combat reflexes so you provoke an AoO coming in. Yuou okay with that?
[20:44] * Kotono changes topic to 'Veserya(22)>Whurric(20)>Bear(16)>Arachiel(12)>Aaeru(11)>Booze Monster(10)'
[20:44] <Whurric> ooc: yeah, that's fine
[20:45] <Kotono> roll 1d20+16
[20:45] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+16 and gets 17." [1d20=1]
[20:45] <Whurric> ooc: miss
[20:46] <Kotono> Whurric charges in, slashing into it's beery arms! Brown ale splashes out with the slash, soaking Whurric and everything around him! The arm is lessened somewhat, but it's still going! OOC: Bear's up.
[20:46] * Whurric swirls his tongue around his beard, getting a preview of the beer's taste once subdued!
[20:46] <Kotono> It's amazingly good stuff! Strong as hell!
[20:47] <Whurric> "Woo! Balyss and the other's will LIKE you once you've calmed down!" Whurric says cheerfully.
[20:47] <Whurric> ooc: others*
[20:51] <Arachiel> "Get it!" Arachiel cries, pointing at the giant beer monstrosity. With a grunt and a loud roar, Ulysses gallops forward to deal a vicious clawing to the monster!
[20:52] <Kotono> OOC: What's the bear's reach?
[20:52] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+11
[20:52] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+11 and gets 17." [1d20=6]
[20:52] <Arachiel> OOC: Er, 5 ft
[20:52] <Kotono> OOC: He'll get AoOed.
[20:52] <Arachiel> OOC: Is what it is.
[20:53] <Kotono> roll 1d20+16
[20:53] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+16 and gets 34." [1d20=18]
[20:53] <Kotono> roll 1d8+8 and fortitude save
[20:53] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d8+8 and fortitude save and gets 16." [1d8=8]
[20:53] <Kotono> OOC: Nonlethal damage.
[20:53] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+9 BEAR fort
[20:53] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+9 BEAR fort and gets 10." [1d20=1]
[20:54] <Kotono> As Ulysses charges in, the mace of the booze monster slams down! It splashes all over the bear, drenching him in good spirits! At the same time the bear claws at him, but can't find a solid spot to hack! OOC: Ulysses is now drunk. He takes a -2 to all rolls due to this. Arachiel's up.
[20:54] * Kotono changes topic to 'Veserya(22)>Whurric(20)>Bear(16; drunk)>Arachiel(12)>Aaeru(11)>Booze Monster(10)'
[21:02] <Arachiel> Ulysses shakes his head, grunting and stumbling!
[21:05] <Arachiel> Seeing her bear take a wine bath, Arachiel pouts a bit. She pulls her bow from her back and fires off an arrow at the thing!
[21:05] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+16
[21:05] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+16 and gets 26." [1d20=10]
[21:06] <Kotono> OOC: hit.
[21:06] <Kotono> OOC: Hit.
[21:06] <Arachiel> roll 1d10+6
[21:06] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d10+6 and gets 13." [1d10=7]
[21:07] <Kotono> An arrow flies true, darting out and piercing through the shoulder of the boozy beast! More ale splashes about, as...OOC: Aaeur.
[21:07] <Aaeru> She had intended to hold that position, but with so many charging past, Aaeru has little choice but to follow!
[21:07] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+13 tumble
[21:07] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+13 tumble and gets 23." [1d20=10]
[21:07] <Kotono> OOC: Success.
[21:08] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+18 str devotion, AM4
[21:08] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+18 str devotion, AM4 and gets 35." [1d20=17]
[21:08] <Aaeru> roll 1d8+4+2+4
[21:08] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d8+4+2+4 and gets 11." [1d8=1]
[21:15] <Kotono> With a mightly tumble and smash, Aaeru hits the leg of the construct with a big, heavy kick! It wobbles it further, more ale splashing about! At this strike it pivots, swinging at Whurric and Aaeru!
[21:15] <Kotono> roll 1d20+12 (-4 PA) AC Whurric
[21:15] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+12 (-4 PA) AC Whurric and gets 17." [1d20=5]
[21:15] <Kotono> roll 1d20+12 (-4 PA) AC Aaeru
[21:15] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+12 (-4 PA) AC Aaeru and gets 15." [1d20=3]
[21:16] <Aaeru> OOC: AC28
[21:17] <Whurric> ooc: ac 21
[21:21] <Kotono> Yet despite it's flurry of smashes, both warriors dance around the beer-soaked carnage skillfully! OOC: Veserya.
[21:24] <Veserya> Reaching into the satchel at her side, Veserya pulls out a well worn fiddle and bow, bringing it to her chin as she draws across it. "A little drinking music, perhaps?" she calls lightly as an energetic tune begins to play from her instrument, much like the backdrop to any number of rowdy tavern brawls!
[21:24] <Veserya> OOC: inspire courage, +2 attack/damage
[21:25] <Kotono> Drinking music enjoins the air, further empowering those around! OOC: Okay, Whurric, og.
[21:26] * Whurric laughs at Veserya's offering. "Great! That certainly improves the mood!" he exclaims as he brings his axe down on the creature again.
[21:27] <Whurric> roll d20+14 (PA-4) atk 1
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+14 (PA-4) atk 1 and gets 21." [d20=7]
[21:27] <Whurric> roll d20+14 (PA-4) atk 2
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+14 (PA-4) atk 2 and gets 34." [d20=20]
[21:27] <Whurric> roll d20+9 (PA-4) atk 3
[21:27] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+9 (PA-4) atk 3 and gets 20." [d20=11]
[21:28] <Kotono> OOC: All hit. This is gonna hurt.
[21:28] <Whurric> roll 3d12+54
[21:28] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls 3d12+54 and gets 68." [3d12=9, 2, 3]
[21:29] <Kotono> With a savage flurry of axe violence, Whurric cuts the beer golem up! A great deluge of ale soaks Aaeru, Whurric and Ulysses as the metal cask falls to t he ground! OOC: Free act.
[21:29] * Whurric laughs heartily. "That music certainly did the trick!"
[21:30] <Aaeru> "I need a shower," Aaeru mutters, staring down at her front in dismay.
[21:30] * Arachiel blinks and walks over. She leans over and sniffs Ulysses' form. "You need a bath!"
[21:30] <Veserya> Bringing her song to quick finish and lowering her fiddle and bow, Veserya just shakes her head at the deluge of booze flooding the floor. "This all seems so terribly wasteful. Come here, dears, and I'll clean you up."
[21:30] <Arachiel> Ulysses grunts and shakes himself, sending booze in every direction!
[21:31] * Aaeru needs no other prodding to swiftly make her way towards Veserya!
[21:32] <Arachiel> "Augh!" Arachiel shields herself as sprinkles of booze fly right in her face.
[21:32] <Veserya> Putting away the musical tools, a quick cantrip is cast and Veserya starts running her hands all over Aaeru's drenched form, leaving pristine dry clothes and skin behind as the booze gets magically soaked up.
[21:32] <Whurric> "Well, we subdued it, I hope the owner has some way of getting it all back into the cask..." Whurric says as he licks the alcohol dripping on his beard again.
[21:35] <Aaeru> "Thanks!" Aaeru tells Veserya, grinning happily.
[21:36] <Veserya> "How much is still in the barrel?" Veserya asks Whurric after cleansing Aaeru properly.
[21:38] * Whurric goes check.
[21:44] <Kotono> Whurric finds the barrel is full and still unopened.
[21:47] * Whurric scratches his head at that. "...huh, the barrel's full! But what'd we just fight then?"
[21:47] <Aaeru> "Magic."
[21:47] * Arachiel nods. That makes sense.
[21:48] * Veserya nods in agreement. "Shall we take our prize back out to pay for it, then?"
[21:49] * Aaeru decides to do her part by carrying the barrel.
[21:52] <Kotono> Outsider the dwarf awaits, arms crossed, "So you subdued it, eh?" he asks, eyeing the barrel.
[21:53] <Aaeru> "Well yeah," Aaeru responds. "It's just beer."
[21:53] <Arachiel> "Angry beer."
[21:54] <Veserya> "With a very high opinion of itself," Veserya thirds.
[21:54] <Whurric> "But delicious!" Whurric chips in.
[21:54] <Whurric> "And strong in taste if not in fighting skills!"
[21:55] <Kotono> "Oh, you'll see when you try it," the dwarf chuckles now, droppingi nto a stern glare, "That and all the other booze you need will come to 100 marks."
[21:57] <Veserya> "No trouble at all," Veserya smiles serenely, dipping into her satchel and promptly handing over a handful of platinum coins.
[21:58] <Kotono> The coins vanish, "Pleasure doing business with you." He tips his metaphorical cap to you, and leads you back outside. The others are waiting, "Ah!" Josa calls, "How did your trial by drink go?"
[21:58] <Kotono> Marianne smirks and watches, "Yes, however did it progress?"
[21:59] <Arachiel> "Boozy!" Arachiel chirps as her bear bumbles into her, nearly knocking her over. "Hey!"
[22:00] <Veserya> "It was a very energetic beverage," the elf smiles as she rejoins the group. "Did you have fun with Lyris the time you two partook?" she asks Marianne.
[22:04] <Kotono> "It was rather amusing," Marianne chuckles gaily, gesturing ahead, "Now that we have this subdued, now what?"
[22:05] <Arachiel> "Decorations!" Arachiel says.
[22:05] <Aaeru> "Parties need that?"
[22:05] <Arachiel> "Even in Celestia, parties have decorations!"
[22:06] <Veserya> "Balyss did just say to get drinks, we should check with her since this didn't take long, maybe we can help with something else," Veserya suggests.
[22:06] * Arachiel nods. "Okay!"
[22:06] * Whurric nods. "That's probably best," he says, agreeing with Veserya also.
[22:08] <Kotono> roll 1d100
[22:08] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 and gets 6." [1d100=6]
[22:08] <Kotono> Heading back to Balyss goes without incident. Meeting with her outside again, "So, how'd it go? What did you get?" she asks right away.
[22:09] <Arachiel> "We fought a big booze monster and came away with this big keg!" she points at Aaeru.
[22:10] <Veserya> "The self proclaimed greatest drink ever made," Veserya nods sagely.
[22:10] * Aaeru hefts it, shifting the barrel enough for Balyss to hear the liquid sloshing within.
[22:10] <Kotono> "A good start!" Balyss ays, "I have some friends finding the right beach, so what we need now is for all of you to go spread word of the party. Go make a scene, get attention and make sure people know to show up."
[22:11] <Whurric> "You have enough decorations? And wood for a bonfire?" Whurric asks.
[22:12] <Veserya> "Hmm. I don't know many people in Balmuria who aren't already here," Veserya admits, "But it shouldn't be too hard to spread word in general, anyway."
[22:12] <Kotono> "It's getting taken care of. We're good at this," With an offhanded little smile, "Think all of you can figure out a goo dway to spread the word?"
[22:13] <Aaeru> "Like, we can try a parade?" Aaeru suggests. "And if it's about beer that fights back, that sounds interesting and people will totally listen!"
[22:15] <Arachiel> "That sounds fun!"
[22:15] <Veserya> "Or some sort of performance. But Balyss, how can we invite people to a party without knowing where it is?" she asks the short but well-formed Lunatic.
[22:19] <Kotono> Balyss stops and blinks, "You know what? You have a really good point!" She says a moment, before gently facepalming.
[22:20] * Veserya smiles kindly, "You have a lot on your mind, organising everything else on our sudden whim, don't worry about it. But can we help with anything else while waiting to hear what beach we'll be using?"
[22:24] <Kotono> "Hmmm," Balyss paces back and forth for a little bit, looking all of you over. "Hmmmm....!" She pauses and then shakes her head, "I can't think of anything immediately, so just plan for what you're going to do as soon as I get word of the location?"
[22:25] <Aaeru> "Parades and stuff need costumes, right?"
[22:26] <Veserya> Shrugging and turning back to Whimsical Sweets, "A centralised group performance, then? Or better to just split up and spread the word more widely that way?"
[22:26] * Arachiel nodnods.
[22:27] <Aaeru> "It's probably more fun to just go together, so let's do that?"
[22:32] <Veserya> "So what sort of costumes? Will we make up a song to sing, or bang on drums?" Veserya asks more about this parade idea.
[22:34] <Aaeru> "Neve'll be best with a song," Aaeru voices, "and I dunno that much about music, but I'm sure you could find just the right one to go with it? About costumes... Marianne, what do you think?"
[22:35] <Kotono> "Hmmmm," Marianne makes a show of considering it, before Lyris speaks up, "If it's a beach, bathing suits are almost mandatory. Of course, we'd need some big bonfires to make it bearable."
[22:35] <Veserya> "And certainly ill suited for parading about the city streets," Veserya adds.
[22:36] <Aaeru> "How about really weird stuff, then?" Aaeru suggests. "That beer monster was like this barrel of beer with arms and legs, so maybe we can dress up like, dunno, a wave with arms and legs, and a bonfire and all that?"
[22:37] <Veserya> "You know, I think I can manage a bathing suit after all!" Veserya decides perkily after hearing that idea.
[22:37] <Whurric> "As long as we don't dress up as candy," Whurric notes with a shrug.
[22:38] <Aaeru> "Bathing suits it is!"
[22:45] <Arachiel> "It's not that cold out...is it?" Arachiel looks at Veserya.
[22:46] <Veserya> "It's not freezing, but it's not ideal weather for it, either. However, magic can fix that for the parade, while I'll rely on the bonfires tonight."
[22:47] * Arachiel nods. "People are always complaining that it's getting colder, but I'm really not feeling it as much."

Corwin

[19:47] <Kotono> "Candy?" Yuria looks right to Whurric, "Really?"
[19:47] <Kotono> "A parade could be good fun," Marianne considers thoughtfully.
[19:48] <Kotono> "If we're going to make a spectacle of ourselves," Lyris cuts in, a faint scowl on her features, "Best to do it down the Commerce Quarter."
[19:49] <Veserya> "Is that where the best people to invite to a party are?" Veserya asks, before frowning, "Actually, Balmuria's a big city. Maybe putting up posters would be better?"
[19:50] <Kotono> "That would be fine, except that posters need time to be read. :If you want to gather for an event, the hours between putting them up and the party aren't enough, I think," Marianne shakes her head with a slightly amused smile, "No, I think we do need to make a more attention getting play."
[19:50] <Kotono> "Then naturally we need a Queen of the Party, for it worked superbly for the Queen of the Sweets," Josa says, "Who amid us would take on this role?"
[19:50] <Whurric> "Well, I'd hate to have to do advertising for Josa through such means, and I wouldn't put it past him to ask," Whurric replies to Yuria.
[19:51] <Kotono> Silver rolls her eyes, "A fountain of originality," she mutters.
[19:51] <Kotono> "Like, yeah," Yuria says, "That's just weird."
[19:51] <Arachiel> "A queen? You've had a queen before?"
[19:51] <Aaeru> "We could have some posters with us and, like, give them away! Like, during the parade, right?" Aaeru suggests as a comrpomise.
[19:53] <Veserya> "Well anyone who sees us doesn't need the posters," the elf shrugs, rapidly losing interest at how complicated this is all becoming.
[19:54] <Kotono> "It takes awhile to make posters," Marianne points out, arms crossed. "I just don't think it's a good idea."
[19:54] <Kotono> "Yes, it's a long story," Josa says, "But it was a triumphantly smashing success of the highest order last time, so why not again, for a success breeds imitation and imitation breeds prosperity in the grand cycle of things."
[19:55] <Kotono> "Ahem!" Balyss steps in, clearing her throat, "May I?"
[19:55] <Arachiel> "So no posters then. We should focus more on the parade! It will get a lot of attention if what Josa says is true!"
[19:55] <Veserya> "Oh, please!" Veserya eagerly turns to Balyss as a hopeful beacon of sanity.
[19:56] <Kotono> "You all are overplanning." Gesturing ahead, "You have an entire city ahead. Be spontaneous and go for it! Dress up in bathing suits and get attention or put out posters or whatever scheme you like. Just don't twist it around and around until it's some grand production. You don't have time. What you need is something fast and that gets maximum attention. Considering the number of females in the
[19:56] <Kotono> group..." Looking to each of them, "It's the logical course of action. Pretty women get attention. Pretty women wearing less than usual gets lots of attention."
[19:58] <Arachiel> "I can understand that. People usually wear a lot of clothes, so wearing none is probably more interesting!" Arachiel nods.
[19:59] <Kotono> "Sex does sell," Lyris agrees, "If we don't mind giving away or dignity."
[19:59] <Kotono> *our
[20:00] <Veserya> "It will skew the dynamics of the party somewhat, as well," Veserya adds after Lyris, "Why don't we split up after all - we surely all have places where we know the people better so we can more quickly draw interest and get the word out. Like Aaeru, wouldn't you be able to get lots of people from around the House of Suffering? I can try around the Elven Mission, and I'm sure everyone else has
[20:00] <Veserya> their own habitual haunts, yes?"
[20:01] <Kotono> "Oh, like, that's nonsense!" Yuria snorts, "I've totally had guys see me without anything on and they still paid attention and respected me before!"
[20:01] <Kotono> "A fine idea," Marianne says, "I can draw on a few friends at various taverns and places of mercenary business. Lyris can as well."
[20:01] * Veserya exchanges a look with Marianne at Yuria's outburst.
[20:01] <Kotono> Marianne matches it and sighs ever so softly, going to rub her temples.
[20:01] * Arachiel nods at Yuria. "It'll be fine!"
[20:02] <Kotono> "Exactly," Yuria nods, "See? You're all totally hung up on stupid things, Lyris! Like you look all fearsome, but you're the one running around in that tight leather anyway."
[20:08] <Kotono> Lyris sends a long, steely glare at Yuria, the blonde returning it with a pleasant yet ever so catty smile. The two lock eyes!
[20:10] <Kotono> Smoothly Marianne steps in, "We'll get going," she says, leading Lyris off! OOC: Okay, everyone make charisma checks.
[20:10] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+3
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+3 and gets 12." [1d20=9]
[20:10] <Whurric> roll d20+2
[20:10] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+2 and gets 17." [d20=15]
[20:11] <Veserya> roll 1d20+4
[20:11] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+4 and gets 17." [1d20=13]
[20:11] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+7
[20:11] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+7 and gets 9." [1d20=2]
[20:11] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Josa
[20:11] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 Josa and gets 20." [1d20=17]
[20:12] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4 neve
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 neve and gets 6." [1d20=2]
[20:12] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4 Marianne
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 Marianne and gets 11." [1d20=7]
[20:12] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Lyris
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 Lyris and gets 7." [1d20=4]
[20:12] <Kotono> roll 1d20+3 Yuria
[20:12] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+3 Yuria and gets 13." [1d20=10]
[20:14] <Kotono> A few hours of chatting around pass. The word is thus spread, everyone returning! It's the afternoon now, Balyss meeting you outside! "Okay," she announces, "Now we just prepare. I have some friends doing the setup, so..." Balyss roots out a silver flask, "I like to take a small nip to loosen my nerves a few hours before the party, so I'm in the right mood when it starts." She takes a small pull
[20:14] <Kotono> on it, "Any other takers?"
[20:14] <Aaeru> "Okay!"
[20:15] <Veserya> "Yes, please," Veserya smiles, always happy to enjoy a drink.
[20:16] <Whurric> "Never one to refuse," Whurric says cheerfully as he also accepts.
[20:16] <Kotono> "Sure," Yuria chirps, the flask going around. Whatever it is, it's pretty strong, though with ataste of apples. Once it's done the rounds, "Okay, so do all of you HAVE bathing suits?"
[20:17] <Aaeru> "Nope!"
[20:17] <Arachiel> "There are suits for bathing?"
[20:17] <Veserya> "I didn't this morning, but I made a stop while I was spreading the word," Veserya grins and pats her ever trusty satchel.
[20:18] <Whurric> "I didn't plan to get in the water, so no," Whurric replies.
[20:18] <Kotono> "Lyris and I have them," Marianne speaks up. "Really, it's like something you wear for tanning. Skimpy and showy, festive and tropical. It's a general term." After a moment and a chuckle, "With our planned thrust, I daresay that Josa and Whurric's bathing suits are far less of any import."
[20:18] * Arachiel nods slowly, thoughtful.
[20:18] <Veserya> "They'll matter at the party if they want to woo any pretty girls," Veserya retorts. "The shops are still open, though. Time to rectify the situation!"
[20:19] * Aaeru looks somewhat dubious at Veserya's proclamation, but she supposes anything can happen!
[20:20] <Kotono> A few more hours pass, as everyone gathers in Balyss' room in Moonholm...
[20:26] * Veserya still has on her jade in silver necklace to bolster her vitality for the night ahead, everything else back at her suite in the inn. She wears a set of simple leather sandals and a simple blue sundress worn atop her swimsuit which she'll shed when they hit the beach itself, showing just a little cleavage but exposing her arms up to the shoulders and her legs just above the knee. Her hair is uncharacteristically worn down, falling over her shoulderblades in charcoal waves and seperated slightly by her protruding pointed ears. "Has everyone remembered to have something to eat to line their stomachs before all our drinking tonight?" she asks out of concern for her new friends.
[20:29] * Aaeru wears a simple orange two-piece underneath her clothing, the top of which tied off behind her neck. She usually doesn't bother with bathing suits while swimming in private, and the cold people would sometimes complain about never troubled her, so this arrangement is solely for appropriateness sake, so that she bothers no one. Just as Veserya had, Aaeru opted to keep her hair down, free and untamed by the buns she normally gathers it into. "No," she responds to the elf, before looking worriedly at Neve. "Did you? You probably should if it's important!"
[20:30] <Kotono> Neveril tags along, wearing simple bright blue cloth, two strips of it serving as top and bottom. Her hair is loose and she follows Aaeru along, "I had a few apples," she says, "I'm fine."
[20:30] <Aaeru> "You must be Josa," a tiny fey clad in leather says politely, flying up to the half-elf. "My name is Auriga, and I'm staying with Aaeru. It is a pleasure to meet you, Sir."
[20:32] * Arachiel is wearing a white cloth bikini with golden trim, and not much else. Her blond hair let down long with bright wildflowers threaded into it, nearly reaching her hips. On her feet are golden-strapped sandals, winding their way up to her mid-calves. At her side is Ulysses, who wears a wildflower wreath around his neck. "I'm not hungry, though! I think I'll be okay. Are you hungry, Ulysses?"
[20:32] * Arachiel The bear grunts in response. "Okay! We'll get you a nice fish then, if we can!" Arachiel smiles.
[20:33] <Kotono> Josa is wearing his normal clothes, nothing unusual there. "It's a pleasure to meet you, fair fey," Josa bows deeply.
[20:34] <Veserya> "Hopefully the bear won't be drinking... though I'm glad to see he's shook off his hangover from earlier," Veserya looks amusedly at Arachiel and her ursine companion.
[20:34] <Kotono> Yuria is next, wearing a simple white one-piece thing, made of soft cloth or some such. She waves as she enters, "Like, can a bear drink? Can a bear get drunk?"
[20:34] * Arachiel nods. "He was grumpy for a while!"
[20:35] <Arachiel> "It was from a mace made of wine!"
[20:36] <Kotono> Marianne and Lyris are next. The latter dresses simply, in a short skirt and cutoff tunic. She goes barefoot. Marianne, on the other hand? Green silks of various shades weave together, strips of them holding up her bosom, small gold rings connecting them. Her bottom is likewise, green as her hair. She looks about, tossing her loose hair.
[20:36] <Kotono> Balyss is there, wearing her normal clothing for the moment. She looks everyone over, "Who's going to need reinforcement against the cold? Anyone?"
[20:37] * Arachiel shakes her head. "It's not cold."
[20:38] <Veserya> "I'm fine for the moment, but I can offer similar magic if it does get chilly as the night goes on," Veserya demures with a shake of her head.
[20:38] <Kotono> "I'm fine," Lyris says, Marianne shaking her head as well. Yuria raises her hand, "Oh, I could use some!"
[20:40] * Aaeru draws towards Marianne to prod one of the links with a finger. "So, like, is your suit supposed to be this holey?"
[20:42] * Arachiel perks up at the mention of holy suits.
[20:43] <Kotono> "It's stylistic," Marianne says loftily, "It is elegant."
[20:43] <Kotono> "Alright then!" Balyss says, "I'm going to go get changed real quick and we'll get going! Any last questions or things to do?"
[20:44] <Aaeru> "I'm good!"
[20:45] * Whurric arrives to join the others, wearing some plain clothes and lacking his normal assortment of armor and weaponry, instead wearing just a loose white shirt with some simple embroidered patterns, and beige trousers. Under one of his arms he's carrying a dark green jacket. "Hello, 'ello," Whurric greets the others as he joins them.
[20:45] <Veserya> "Only thing to do now is have fun!" Veserya exclaims brightly, clapping her hands together.
[20:46] <Arachiel> "Yay!"
[20:49] <Kotono> With that Balyss goes and gets changed. She comes back wearing chain mail. A chain mail two-piece, not really covering anything and showing the light, gauzy cloth beneath it. She carries her mace in hand, wearing a necklace with her holy symbol. "Just in case," she says, hefting up her mace. "Shall we?"
[20:50] <Aaeru> "Like, does that really protect you?" Aaeru asks, peering at this even more ridiculous example of a suit.
[20:50] * Veserya just looks at Balyss. "You really expect there to be trouble tonight?"
[20:50] <Kotono> "Of course not," Balyss laughs at Aaeru's words, "It's just an outfit. There shouldn't be,but you never know what might happen with a bunch of drunk people."
[20:51] <Aaeru> "Just checking!"
[20:51] <Veserya> "Oh, if you think that outfit will scare anyone off, you're in for a long night my dear," Veserya laughs gaily, turning to head out.
[20:51] <Arachiel> "It looks nice, though!"
[20:56] <Kotono> With that the party heads out into the night! It's sunset as you walk towards the northwest for a goodly hour. Ahead you can see a beach lit by bonfires, ten or so of them scattered about. People are already here, celebrations here and there beginning. There are several stations, with ale, food and other festitivies. The smell of roasting meat and foamy ale is predominate.
[20:57] <Aaeru> Time to lose her outer layer! Aaeru discards her pants and shirt, now properly ready to enjoy the party!
[20:58] * Arachiel heads toward the food to get Ulysses some fish! The bear trundles after eagerly, smelling food!
[20:58] <Kotono> "Finally," Josa declares, "Now let us go forth and enjoy the fruits of our celebration!" OOC: Declare what each of you is doing and if you're going with anyone, all.
[20:59] <Aaeru> "Hey, we did tell people there's a bear, right?" Aaeru suddenly asks. "No one would, like, scream or run away?"
[20:59] <Arachiel> "He's a nice bear!" Arachiel shouts.
[20:59] <Aaeru> "Well that's alright then!"
[21:00] <Veserya> "Looks like our work bore some fruit," Veserya looks over the beach, reaching down for her skirt with the first step onto the sand and pulling her dress up and over her head before dangling it in the crook of her arm. Her bathing suit, now revealed, is a dark blue one-piece, now exposing substantially more cleavage and leg than before, with gauzy lighter blue frills and ruffles around the hems
[21:00] <Veserya> to break up the monotony. "Now, I want to find out if that beer we won earlier is worth all the fuss. Do you know where that barrel will be, Balyss?"
[21:01] <Aaeru> "Sounds good," Aaeru muses, easily swayed by Veserya's suggestion. "Who's up for swimming afterwards? We can race or something, and it'll be lots of fun!"
[21:03] <Whurric> "No swimmin' for this fella. I'm just going to enjoy the food and ale and stay on dry land," Whurric replies.
[21:03] <Arachiel> "It could be fun!"
[21:03] <Veserya> "Hmm, maybe a little bit later. Don't want to exert myself too early in the festivities," the elf shakes her head at Aaeru, "But a moonlit swim when it gets darker could be fun."
[21:04] <Aaeru> "Righto! Marianne? Lyris? Yuria?"
[21:08] <Kotono> "Let's all go try that, then," Balyss says, as the party goes to find that barrel! As you walk down the beach and into the celebration! "AH HA!" A voice booms behind the party, "Balyss and friends!"
[21:09] * Aaeru turns around!
[21:09] <Veserya> "Oh, a friend of yours, Balyss?" Veserya asks the silver-haired aasimar as she likewise turns to the source of the voice.
[21:09] <Kotono> Behind you is a fat man. He wears gold robes with lucky symbols all over them. Dolomir has his arms crossed, "You stole that die!" he points a finger at the group, "Then you chased me off!"
[21:10] <Veserya> "Ahh, the bad man who cursed us all with misfortune," Veserya nods in recognition.
[21:10] <Aaeru> "You dropped that die!" Aaeru cries back at him. "Then Josa made it explode! And you're still a bad person!"
[21:10] * Whurric raises an eyebrow, wondering what the story here was.
[21:11] <Kotono> "What?" Yuria cocks her head to the side, "Like, do you know what's going on, Whurric? Arachi-oh wait, you all knowh im?"
[21:11] <Whurric> "I have no idea," Whurric replies with a shkae of his head.
[21:12] <Kotono> "I am not a bad person, but you trifle with the Goddess of Luck!" He proclaims, "Theft must be punished, so I place you in Tymora's hands!" With that, a great storm of dust erupts out from h is hand, thrown right at the party! OOC: Reflex saves, all.
[21:12] <Veserya> roll 1d20+12
[21:12] * Hatbot --> "Veserya rolls 1d20+12 and gets 21." [1d20=9]
[21:12] <Kotono> roll 1d20+12 Josa
[21:12] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+12 Josa and gets 22." [1d20=10]
[21:12] <Kotono> roll 1d20+13 Neveril
[21:12] * Arachiel turns around, halting her quest for food, and peers at the man.
[21:12] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+13 Neveril and gets 25." [1d20=12]
[21:12] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+16 fuck this guy
[21:12] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+16 fuck this guy and gets 29." [1d20=13]
[21:12] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+10 Archie
[21:12] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+10 Archie and gets 28." [1d20=18]
[21:13] <Kotono> roll 1d20+7 Balyss
[21:13] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+7 Balyss and gets 23." [1d20=16]
[21:13] <Aaeru> roll 1d20+12 Auriga
[21:13] * Hatbot --> "Aaeru rolls 1d20+12 Auriga and gets 29." [1d20=17]
[21:13] <Arachiel> roll 1d20+6 Uly
[21:13] * Hatbot --> "Arachiel rolls 1d20+6 Uly and gets 7." [1d20=1]
[21:13] <Kotono> roll 1d20+4 Marianne
[21:13] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+4 Marianne and gets 15." [1d20=11]
[21:13] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11 Lyris
[21:13] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+11 Lyris and gets 31." [1d20=20]
[21:13] <Kotono> roll 1d20+13 Yuria
[21:13] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+13 Yuria and gets 14." [1d20=1]
[21:14] <Kotono> roll 1d100 Ulysses
[21:14] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 Ulysses and gets 63." [1d100=63]
[21:14] <Kotono> roll 1d100 Yuria
[21:14] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d100 Yuria and gets 32." [1d100=32]
[21:15] <Whurric> roll d20+7
[21:15] * Hatbot --> "Whurric rolls d20+7 and gets 23." [d20=16]
[21:15] <Kotono> roll 1d20+11 Silver
[21:15] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 1d20+11 Silver and gets 21." [1d20=10]
[21:17] <Kotono> roll 2d10
[21:17] * Hatbot --> "Kotono rolls 2d10 and gets 20." [2d10=10, 10]
[21:17] <Kotono> The party dodges away, as the dust settles! But Yuria and the bear are caught flatfooted! Yuria simply vanishes from sight entirely, while the bear blinks and Dolomir falls back onto his rear!
[21:18] <Aaeru> He doesn't stay there for long as Aaeru reaches down and hauls the man so high he needs to reach down with his toes to maintain contact with the ground. "Stop cursing us, you horrible person you!"
[21:18] * Arachiel shields her eyes against the dust, then looks around. "Where's Yuria?"
[21:19] <Veserya> Kicking out of the mound of sand she created with her dive out of the way, Veserya straightens herself and looks to ensure everyone is similarly unharmed. Hearing Arachiel draws her attention their absent member and she looks around calling, "Yuria? Where are you?"
[21:19] <Kotono> Dolomir stares a moment, before he roars at Aaeru's face! He roars at the top of his longs, hands clawing at her! Meanwhile a moment passes, before there's a heavy THUD on the shoulder of Dolomir. Yuria promptly appears, "Like, invisibility, really? I totally know that spell!"
[21:20] <Arachiel> "There she is!"
[21:20] * Aaeru slaps Dolomir, quite able to hoist him up with just one hand. "Don't yell at me! You're the bad person!"
[21:20] <Veserya> "Ahh, well..." Patting herself down and smiling at the lack of injuries she sees, "No harm done, then?"
[21:20] <Kotono> Ulysses rises, looking down at his paws. He abruptly makes a gurgling roar and then again, staring at Dolomir!
[21:20] <Kotono> Ack! Dolomir snarls and leans in, biting down on Aaeru's nose! OW!
[21:21] * Arachiel peers at her bear. "Ulysses? What's wrong?"
[21:21] <Whurric> "...whatever the heck happened, it doesn't seem like it agreed with our attacker. He's gone mad!"
[21:21] * Aaeru punches Dolomir in self defense right back in the nose and then gets his head in a headlock.
[21:21] <Veserya> "No!" Veserya gestures at Aaeru reflexively, healing her nose from any masticated trauma!
[21:23] <Veserya> After that she approaches Aaeru where she is restraining the savage Tymora worshipper. "I do believe he's snapped."
[21:23] <Aaeru> "Like, we're totally hauling his ass in jail after this!" Aaeru insists, as her nose is its proper, perky self once more. "Biting people in the face is a crime! Has to be!"
[21:23] * Aaeru squeezes the man's neck as she complains, slowly but surely intending to knock him out for the count.
[21:23] <Arachiel> "It's certainly strange!" Arachiel nods.
[21:25] <Kotono> Dolomir is completely held, struggling in vain and despite his bulk! Meanwhile Ulysses slowly walks up to Aaeru, on her hind legs. The big bear reaches out, a claw tapping on her shoulder.
[21:25] <Veserya> "Aaeru, please, there's no need for such violence," a gentle hand is placed on the blonde's shoulder. "If you'll allow me, music can soothe his savage temper and keep us from marring our evening with brutality."
[21:26] <Veserya> "Ah!" she starts, feeling a bear paw over her own hand, looking at Ulysses in surprise.
[21:26] <Aaeru> "Can I knock him out first?" Aaeru asks, certainly trying her very best.
[21:27] * Arachiel stares at her bear in surprise. "A new trick!"
[21:27] <Arachiel> "You're so smart!"
[21:28] <Kotono> Ulysses glares down at Aaeru, ursine looming over her as meanwhile Dolomir goes limp!
[21:28] <Whurric> "He probably wants to have a swing at our attacker, Arachiel. Though it's good that you have him tame enough to ask for permission to maul someone!"
[21:29] <Veserya> "I disapprove, and I think Ulysses agrees with me," Veserya states primly as the follower of Ilmater introduces a world of suffering to the fat man's neck.
[21:29] * Arachiel scratchs her head. "I haven't really taught him anything yet, though."
[21:29] * Aaeru puts Dolomir down and arranges him comfortably with a nod.
[21:30] <Kotono> "He must be a totally fast learner," Yuria pipes up, "Isn't that cool!"
[21:30] <Arachiel> "Yes! I'm very proud!" Arachiel leaps over and hugs Ulysses! "So fuzzy!"
[21:30] <Aaeru> "I guess? So, like, should we tie him up too just in case?"
[21:31] <Kotono> Ulysses raises a claw up...and pauses as Arachiel hugs him! The bear turns to the blonde aasimar on him, and a hand quite pointedly goes to her bosom, as if the bear cared to feel up a human. A peculiar smile shows on the bear's face, a strange thing.
[21:31] * Arachiel looks at the bear strangely.
[21:32] <Veserya> "My, he is friendly, isn't he?" Veserya steps back from the expression of love between a girl and her animal companion.
[21:32] <Kotono> "Is that..." Marianne begins, double-blinking. Lyris stares as well, "Yes, quite friendly," she adds, stepping back as well.
[21:32] <Aaeru> "Yeah, uh, let's go get drinks and uh leave them alone?"
[21:32] * Aaeru promptly turns around and starts walking briskly.
[21:32] <Arachiel> "Why do you have that strange look on your face?"
[21:33] <Kotono> "Oh, it's beautiful!" Josa claps his hands together, "Truly, this is how celestial bears are born...ah, such a strange custom I never imagined to see!"
[21:33] * Aaeru claps her hands over her ears as she walks.
[21:33] <Arachiel> "What is everyone talking about?" Arachiel looks confused.
[21:33] <Kotono> "...." Yuris stares and stares at Arachiel, "Like...why is your bear groping your breasts? I mean, like, it looks totally wrong!"
[21:34] * Veserya shakes her head at Josa's description. "Really, you make it sound so tawdry. They're just cuddling," she frowns, but nonetheless decides it better to depart and find a drink.
[21:34] * Arachiel looks down at her chest. "Is that wrong? Are bears not supposed to touch breasts?"
[21:34] <Kotono> Indeed, the bear's other hand joins the other, as a very tight bear-grip and bear hug engulf Arachiel.
[21:34] <Kotono> "...I..." Marianne just facepalms, "Ves, let's go get some drinks. Let's make it a double."
[21:34] <Arachiel> "...this is weird."
[21:35] <Kotono> "No, they aren't," Lyris scowls, "Tell your bear to let go of you. This isn't right."
[21:35] <Whurric> "...shouldn't you discipline him, Arachiel? You can't let him pick up bad habits."
[21:35] * Arachiel nods. "Ulysses, let me go. We'll go get you a nice raw fish!"
[21:35] <Whurric> "Wouldn't giving him food make him think you're rewarding him for that?"
[21:35] * Veserya gladly falls alongside Marianne and makes tracks for the barrel of legendary booze. "Really, this is a poor start to the evening. Best to forget the whole business, I say."
[21:36] <Arachiel> "But he said he was hungry!"
[21:36] * Whurric blinks. "Is that what pawing you means?"
[21:36] <Aaeru> Making impressive headway to the barrel, Aaeru intends to get legendarily drunk.
[21:36] <Whurric> "Well, by all means feed him then, lass!"
[21:36] <Arachiel> "No earlier, before the crazy fat man attacked us for no reason!"
[21:36] <Kotono> Ulyssies abruptly staggers, as Dolomir moans and groans on the ground, before going still again! The smile fades from the bear's face, looking about in pure ursine confusion as it lets go of Arachiel.
[21:38] * Arachiel shakes her finger at Ulysses after he lets go. "There. No breasts for you. Now come on." She walks off, ignoring the crazy man. The guards can deal with him!
[21:39] <Kotono> Thus confused, the party goes over to the cask! You find it before a bonfire, Balyss going to broach it. She draws mugs of the brown, ale-looking drink, passing it around. The smell is strong, pungent and powerful. It fills the air as much as the noise of celebration. Balyss raises the mug up, "Cheers!" she calls, "To celebration!"
[21:40] <Aaeru> "I want to forget," is all Aaeru says, chugging her portion down with uncanny swiftness.
[21:40] <Veserya> "To celebration!" Veserya echoes, clanking her mug against those about her before taking a healthy taste of the ale.
[21:40] <Arachiel> "Yay beer!"
[21:40] <Whurric> "To good company!" Whurric says as he joins the others with a mug of his own.
[21:42] <Kotono> The stuff is strong - far stronger than ale. It's deep tasting, of wheat and mushrooms and dark places. You can immediately feel an impact, throat burning from the powerful brew! Stronger than anything else you've had before, blazing down like an inferno of drink power!
[21:43] <Kotono> Marianne manages a few gulps, "Seira's teeth!" she mutters, looking down into the mug, "Are you sure this isn't pure alcohol?"
[21:43] <Kotono> Lyris drinks hers down without stopping, wiping her mouth, "Eh. I was planning on getting drunk anyway," she shrugs, going for another glass.
[21:44] <Kotono> Yuria drinks up, "Mmm," she murmurs around a mouthful, gasping for air after. She pounds her chest with her fist, "Like woooow!"
[21:44] <Arachiel> "Urg." Arachiel says, coughing. "That's nothing like wine!"
[21:44] <Veserya> "Ahhh!" Veserya exhales sharply after her first one. "I was expecting an incredible taste, not incredible potency... but Lyris does have the right of it," she shrugs amusedly afterwards, picking up with more restrained gulps down.
[21:44] <Kotono> Josa drinks it down without stopping, a shrug after, "I daresay I've had worse; various candymancy experiments gone tragically wrong have toughened my gullet and cast my innards in steel."
[21:45] * Aaeru didn't really need to know that, and what better incentive is there for her to have a second drink?
[21:46] <Kotono> Balyss finishes hers downa nd gets more, "Cheers to getting really drunk," she seconds, working on her second mug, "You know, it was a dwarf that made it. The stereotypes must be true."
[21:46] <Kotono> "It's better than wine," Lyris flashes Arachiel a smile, "Have another mug of this and you'll be happy the rest of th enight. Really happy."
[21:46] <Arachiel> "Like last time?"
[21:48] <Veserya> "I think I'll pace myself and try the other drinks - the night is young, after all," Veserya puts in, slowly working down her own mug and drifting towards the warmth of the nearby bonfire.
[21:49] <Kotono> "And then some," Lyris says with a bit of cheerfulness as she continues on.